Skip to content

please stop with the HC rumor threads...

The Browns Board
47 24 1.5k
  • @clevfan4life said:

    This is getting stupid. Manning, Gruden, ole ballcoach Saban, Mangini, Dungy...did I miss anyone? All of them were sure fire locks to come here within the last week or two. Stop. It's not good for us. It makes being a Browns worse, if that's possible. It's not fun anymore to think about "who could we get here", if they would even want to come here. Who worth a shit is going to come here if we fire Pettine? nobody that's who. Nobody worth a fuck is coming here on a year to year leash.

    You mean when we fire Pettine?

    It's Jon Gruden.

    Next question.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You mean when we fire Pettine?

    It's Jon Gruden.

    Next question.

    1) Grudens one of the guys i'd be ok with.

    2) so you know he's coming here for a fact? has he been signed and sealed? no? then no sale. I'll accept a name like Gruden to replace Pettine IF AND ONLY IF he's signed on BEFORE we let Pettine go.

    Would you, TCPO, want to go through another offseason where we're begging CFL and D2 coaches to come here? If so, uninstall your Browns membership software.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You mean when we fire Pettine?

    It's Jon Gruden.

    Next question.

    1) Grudens one of the guys i'd be ok with.

    2) so you know he's coming here for a fact? has he been signed and sealed? no? then no sale. I'll accept a name like Gruden to replace Pettine IF AND ONLY IF he's signed on BEFORE we let Pettine go.

    Would you, TCPO, want to go through another offseason where we're begging CFL and D2 coaches to come here? If so, uninstall your Browns membership software.

    @clevfan4life said:

    1) Grudens one of the guys i'd be ok with.

    2) so you know he's coming here for a fact? has he been signed and sealed? no? then no sale. I'll accept a name like Gruden to replace Pettine IF AND ONLY IF he's signed on BEFORE we let Pettine go.

    Would you, TCPO, want to go through another offseason where we're begging CFL and D2 coaches to come here? If so, uninstall your Browns membership software.

    Signed, sealed, delivered.

    Because I can't handle anything else.

    I don't think hiring a HC before firing your previous HC is something that's ever happened before, but only in Cleveland...

    Would I want to go through another offseason of that? No. But it's better than sticking to a guy who clearly is in over his head just for appearances. I fail to see how that makes me any less of a fan.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You mean when we fire Pettine?

    It's Jon Gruden.

    Next question.

    1) Grudens one of the guys i'd be ok with.

    2) so you know he's coming here for a fact? has he been signed and sealed? no? then no sale. I'll accept a name like Gruden to replace Pettine IF AND ONLY IF he's signed on BEFORE we let Pettine go.

    Would you, TCPO, want to go through another offseason where we're begging CFL and D2 coaches to come here? If so, uninstall your Browns membership software.

    @clevfan4life said:

    If so, uninstall your Browns membership software.

    Is this some sort of virus? How do I get rid of it?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    If so, uninstall your Browns membership software.

    Is this some sort of virus? How do I get rid of it?

    @bbedward said:

    Is this some sort of virus? How do I get rid of it?

    lols, counter troll.....well played

  • Exactly the type of mindset this organization doesn't need

    @hoodums19 said:

    Exactly the type of mindset this organization doesn't need

    its the mindset they already have.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    This is getting stupid. Manning, Gruden, ole ballcoach Saban, Mangini, Dungy...did I miss anyone? All of them were sure fire locks to come here within the last week or two. Stop. It's not good for us. It makes being a Browns worse, if that's possible. It's not fun anymore to think about "who could we get here", if they would even want to come here. Who worth a shit is going to come here if we fire Pettine? nobody that's who. Nobody worth a fuck is coming here on a year to year leash.

    Sorry....when a team is as poorly coached as this team has been all year......the rumors will abound.

    Nothing you can do to stop it.....so just quit crying over it.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry....when a team is as poorly coached as this team has been all year......the rumors will abound.

    Nothing you can do to stop it.....so just quit crying over it.

    And furthermore if it is so obvious that this team sucks because of poor coaching somebody out there with the confidence that he could turn it around might just like the opportunity to do so. Given the proper amount of control of course.

    Meaning Bill Parcells might not want to accept what ray farmer picks for him.

    😁

    (or we can flame each other over which future FedEx delivery man we are going to pick with the number 3 selection)

    WSS

  • What? Cower is not coming?

  • So you get to decide what topics are appropiate for an entire fanbase ?




    How about you not selecting topics that disturb you, like the majority of postershere. Warfield


    *****************************************


    ditto, exactly.


  • http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland-browns/a/cleveland-browns-head-coaching-hot-board-top-10-replacements-mike-pettine-22681

    I probably wouldn't take this seriously but its from the legendary chatsports.com whose reputation is untarnished and whose journalistic ethics are above reproach.

    😉

    WSS

  • http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland-browns/a/cleveland-browns-head-coaching-hot-board-top-10-replacements-mike-pettine-22681

    I probably wouldn't take this seriously but its from the legendary chatsports.com whose reputation is untarnished and whose journalistic ethics are above reproach.

    😉

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland-browns/a/cleveland-browns-head-coaching-hot-board-top-10-replacements-mike-pettine-22681

    I probably wouldn't take this seriously but its from the legendary chatsports.com whose reputation is untarnished and whose journalistic ethics are above reproach.

    😉

    WSS

    There's a few that are decent on that list...

  • if anyone thinks gruden is coming here, stop what you are doing and sign yourself into the nearest mental facility.

    i got a CASE of beer that says that ain't happenin.

  • if anyone thinks gruden is coming here, stop what you are doing and sign yourself into the nearest mental facility.

    i got a CASE of beer that says that ain't happenin.

    @miktoxic said:

    if anyone thinks gruden is coming here, stop what you are doing and sign yourself into the nearest mental facility.

    i got a CASE of beer that says that ain't happenin.

    It's almost worth betting just for a free case of beer. It's fantastic odds....

  • http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland-browns/a/cleveland-browns-head-coaching-hot-board-top-10-replacements-mike-pettine-22681

    I probably wouldn't take this seriously but its from the legendary chatsports.com whose reputation is untarnished and whose journalistic ethics are above reproach.

    😉

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland-browns/a/cleveland-browns-head-coaching-hot-board-top-10-replacements-mike-pettine-22681

    I probably wouldn't take this seriously but its from the legendary chatsports.com whose reputation is untarnished and whose journalistic ethics are above reproach.

    😉

    lol... wasn't going to click, but your tagline got me. I was expecting outlandish nominees... and there were a couple like Kyle "Bullet Point" Shanahan.

    But as Mark posted, there were also some good ones headed IMO by Stanford's Shaw. We know the power run game would be back.

  • So you get to decide what topics are appropiate for an entire fanbase ?

    How about you not selecting topics that disturb you, like the majority of posters here.

    @paul-warfield said:

    So you get to decide what topics are appropiate for an entire fanbase ?

    Of course. I thought this went without saying.

  • @miktoxic said:

    if anyone thinks gruden is coming here, stop what you are doing and sign yourself into the nearest mental facility.

    i got a CASE of beer that says that ain't happenin.

    It's almost worth betting just for a free case of beer. It's fantastic odds....

    @mark-o said:

    It's almost worth betting just for a free case of beer. It's fantastic odds....

    for me yes. just remember the shipping costs from cali 😮

    gruden leaving a cushy broadcasting gig? really? people think he is a god of coaching (where if you look at his #'s they really don't mean much considering what was given and what he tried to do on his own) where if he ever came back to coach a team like cleveland his legacy would turn into a pile of dog shit. don't think he'd take that chance to be outed as a big-mouthed know-it-all and given 2 years to prove himself.

    yeah odds are on my side.

  • I'm probably the only one in here but I'll say it, I like Mike Pettine as the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

  • I'm probably the only one in here but I'll say it, I like Mike Pettine as the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

    @baconhound said:

    I'm probably the only one in here but I'll say it, I like Mike Pettine as the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

    you aren't the only one, but given the circumstances i understand fellow fans calling for his head.

    problem is he doesn't acquire the talent. sure, he needs to call out his coordinators and possibly cut them loose BUT my main concern is the lack of continuity. look at the good teams (not the flash-in-the-pan good teams). what do they all have? a FO office that has been there longer than 2 years. a HC that has been there longer than 2 years. is harbaugh in balt now going to fired? look at the gints. look at the pack, the pats and now the panthers. sure rivera could have been fired given his record from beginning to now but they stuck with him.

    which haslam has to do sooner or later with some package cuz this 2 yrs and done shit ain't working and if you can't figure that out as a fan then your dense like a black hole.

  • @baconhound said:

    I'm probably the only one in here but I'll say it, I like Mike Pettine as the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

    you aren't the only one, but given the circumstances i understand fellow fans calling for his head.

    problem is he doesn't acquire the talent. sure, he needs to call out his coordinators and possibly cut them loose BUT my main concern is the lack of continuity. look at the good teams (not the flash-in-the-pan good teams). what do they all have? a FO office that has been there longer than 2 years. a HC that has been there longer than 2 years. is harbaugh in balt now going to fired? look at the gints. look at the pack, the pats and now the panthers. sure rivera could have been fired given his record from beginning to now but they stuck with him.

    which haslam has to do sooner or later with some package cuz this 2 yrs and done shit ain't working and if you can't figure that out as a fan then your dense like a black hole.

    @miktoxic said:

    you aren't the only one, but given the circumstances i understand fellow fans calling for his head.

    problem is he doesn't acquire the talent. sure, he needs to call out his coordinators and possibly cut them loose BUT my main concern is the lack of continuity. look at the good teams (not the flash-in-the-pan good teams). what do they all have? a FO office that has been there longer than 2 years. a HC that has been there longer than 2 years. is harbaugh in balt now going to fired? look at the gints. look at the pack, the pats and now the panthers. sure rivera could have been fired given his record from beginning to now but they stuck with him.

    which haslam has to do sooner or later with some package cuz this 2 yrs and done shit ain't working and if you can't figure that out as a fan then your dense like a black hole.

    sooo true! when the players outlast the coach you lose all control. pet don't play them on draft status, you gotta earn the time. i hope he stays

  • @mark-o said:

    It's almost worth betting just for a free case of beer. It's fantastic odds....

    for me yes. just remember the shipping costs from cali 😮

    gruden leaving a cushy broadcasting gig? really? people think he is a god of coaching (where if you look at his #'s they really don't mean much considering what was given and what he tried to do on his own) where if he ever came back to coach a team like cleveland his legacy would turn into a pile of dog shit. don't think he'd take that chance to be outed as a big-mouthed know-it-all and given 2 years to prove himself.

    yeah odds are on my side.

    @miktoxic said:

    for me yes. just remember the shipping costs from cali 😮

    gruden leaving a cushy broadcasting gig? really? people think he is a god of coaching (where if you look at his #'s they really don't mean much considering what was given and what he tried to do on his own) where if he ever came back to coach a team like cleveland his legacy would turn into a pile of dog shit. don't think he'd take that chance to be outed as a big-mouthed know-it-all and given 2 years to prove himself.

    yeah odds are on my side.

    Oh...I thought it was a one sided bet... my bad. Never mind. 🙂

    I agree on Gruden....the dude is the highest paid ESPN employee....and he hasn't lost in how many years and doesn't have to work all that hard, especially by comparison to an NFL head coach. I get the ego thing and a coach wants to coach...but after awhile I've got to believe that part goes away and a guy thinks...shit...i'm making a fucking bundle of money to work like 90 days a year....I could go back to coaching and work 250 days a year and have all that pressure on me for not a whole lot more money.

  • Plus the embarrassment of being outcoached by his little brother, Jay...