Skip to content

Chat Sports - Browns to offer Urban Meyer largest contract in NFL history

The Browns Board
86 35 3.2k
  • So, Pettine hasnt even been fired....But.....

    We are already offering Urban Meyer the biggest contract ever,,,,,

    Plus...its already a done deal for Peyton Manning AND Tony Dungy to come in.....

    Plus...John Gruden is Haslems friend and will be taking over soon enough....

    Plus.....Haslem had dinner with Saban on Sunday and discussed giving him full control....

    I say some of you people are gullible as hell...and/or completely full of shit.....but none of this is true.....

    Critical thinking has left the house, never to return.....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @mudfly said:

    Critical thinking has left the house, never to return.....

    LOL! For something to leave a house it has to be in a house first. 😆

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #43

    Apparently I posted this first but in the wrong board... Lol.

    As a Browns fan: Bad Idea. He's an amazing college coach, but that occurs more than just on the field. Plus he has no NFL experience. Still better than retreading an old NFL HC.

    As a Michigan fan: Go for it. I'd love for something bad to happen to OSU for once. I'll take that over the Ten Year War Part 2.

  • So, Pettine hasnt even been fired....But.....

    We are already offering Urban Meyer the biggest contract ever,,,,,

    Plus...its already a done deal for Peyton Manning AND Tony Dungy to come in.....

    Plus...John Gruden is Haslems friend and will be taking over soon enough....

    Plus.....Haslem had dinner with Saban on Sunday and discussed giving him full control....

    I say some of you people are gullible as hell...and/or completely full of shit.....but none of this is true.....

    Critical thinking has left the house, never to return.....

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @mudfly said:

    So, Pettine hasnt even been fired....But.....

    We are already offering Urban Meyer the biggest contract ever,,,,,

    Plus...its already a done deal for Peyton Manning AND Tony Dungy to come in.....

    Plus...John Gruden is Haslems friend and will be taking over soon enough....

    Plus.....Haslem had dinner with Saban on Sunday and discussed giving him full control....

    I say some of you people are gullible as hell...and/or completely full of shit.....but none of this is true.....

    Critical thinking has left the house, never to return.....

    If your old enough to remember...the sears and jc penney catalogs used to be called wish books. Poor and broke..you'd wish you could have that cool stuff.

    This is an online version of a wish book.

    It could be the third stage of grief...

  • I heard he bought a house in Strongsville.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @darubes said:

    I heard he bought a house in Strongsville.

    Ashtabula.

  • B beare wrote on last edited by
    #46

    WHY Meyer has been great college coach he has no nfl expierence and i do n0t really think he would do well in nfl!!! ID much rather have a proven coach that knows lots coaches in nfl could put together a good staff.

  • Apparently I posted this first but in the wrong board... Lol.

    As a Browns fan: Bad Idea. He's an amazing college coach, but that occurs more than just on the field. Plus he has no NFL experience. Still better than retreading an old NFL HC.

    As a Michigan fan: Go for it. I'd love for something bad to happen to OSU for once. I'll take that over the Ten Year War Part 2.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mld-woody said:

    Apparently I posted this first but in the wrong board... Lol.

    As a Browns fan: Bad Idea. He's an amazing college coach, but that occurs more than just on the field. Plus he has no NFL experience. Still better than retreading an old NFL HC.

    As a Michigan fan: Go for it. I'd love for something bad to happen to OSU for once. I'll take that over the Ten Year War Part 2.

    There will be no 10 year War part 2. Such a thought presumes parity. Not gonna happen.

    The first 10 year war started with TUN defeating an undefeated defending national champion OSU team.

    What happened here?

    ( I know...you can cite the first battles of any number of wars: Bull Run....won by the South....how did that turn out. Pearl Harbor...won by Japan...how did that turn out. Germany won the Battle of Poland in WWII....how did that turn out. Napolean won the Battle of Lodi...and how did things turn out for him)

    This is what you have to hang your hat on.

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #48

    NFL experience is over rated.....just look at Pettine 😁

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Urban's wife was quoted as saying that tOSU will be the last coaching job her husband will have.

    The boss has spoken.

  • Please god no. Keep one of my teams as a contender please.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @comeonman said:

    Please god no. Keep one of my teams as a contender please.

    @tour2ma said:

    Really? This deserved it's own thread?

    Oh shut the fuck up you old fuddy duddy mother fuker

  • @darubes said:

    I heard he bought a house in Strongsville.

    Ashtabula.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @the-gipper said:

    Ashtabula.

    Nobody buys a house in that shithole, or in Barberton.

  • @stinkhole said:

    Only three highly successful college coach have won a championship in the NFL...Switzer, Carroll, and Jimmy Johnson.

    Hello! Have you ever heard of a guy named Paul Brown......won the National Championship with Ohio St. in 1942....and I think you know what he did with the pros.

    Only Johnson was legit IMO...because Carroll didn't adapt to the NFL right away (3 tries) and Switzer did it with Johnsons team.

    I give Switzer more credit than you.

    Anyone telling themselves Meyer is gonna come in here and be the browns savior is just desperate for a for a solution..

    But, you are right on this.

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by StinkHole
    #52

    @the-gipper said:

    @stinkhole said:

    Only three highly successful college coach have won a championship in the NFL...Switzer, Carroll, and Jimmy Johnson.

    Hello! Have you ever heard of a guy named Paul Brown......won the National Championship with Ohio St. in 1942....and I think you know what he did with the pros.

    Only Johnson was legit IMO...because Carroll didn't adapt to the NFL right away (3 tries) and Switzer did it with Johnsons team.

    I give Switzer more credit than you.

    Anyone telling themselves Meyer is gonna come in here and be the browns savior is just desperate for a for a solution..

    But, you are right on this.

    Hi!

    C'mon man 1942? That's so long ago that Army was probably good in 1942, and Vince Lombardi coached Army before he coached in the NFL.

    This isn't a history class, so lets discuss coaching transitions from college to the pros in the modern era. A much easier transition back then because much more separates college from the pros today than it did back then.

    ...and you give Switzer more credit than most.

    ...and I was right on the rest of my post that you left out...or you wouldn't have left it out!

  • @mld-woody said:

    Apparently I posted this first but in the wrong board... Lol.

    As a Browns fan: Bad Idea. He's an amazing college coach, but that occurs more than just on the field. Plus he has no NFL experience. Still better than retreading an old NFL HC.

    As a Michigan fan: Go for it. I'd love for something bad to happen to OSU for once. I'll take that over the Ten Year War Part 2.

    There will be no 10 year War part 2. Such a thought presumes parity. Not gonna happen.

    The first 10 year war started with TUN defeating an undefeated defending national champion OSU team.

    What happened here?

    ( I know...you can cite the first battles of any number of wars: Bull Run....won by the South....how did that turn out. Pearl Harbor...won by Japan...how did that turn out. Germany won the Battle of Poland in WWII....how did that turn out. Napolean won the Battle of Lodi...and how did things turn out for him)

    This is what you have to hang your hat on.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @the-gipper said:

    There will be no 10 year War part 2. Such a thought presumes parity. Not gonna happen.

    The first 10 year war started with TUN defeating an undefeated defending national champion OSU team.

    What happened here?

    ( I know...you can cite the first battles of any number of wars: Bull Run....won by the South....how did that turn out. Pearl Harbor...won by Japan...how did that turn out. Germany won the Battle of Poland in WWII....how did that turn out. Napolean won the Battle of Lodi...and how did things turn out for him)

    This is what you have to hang your hat on.

    .............

    You're serious?

    I shouldn't be surprised

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Canton Dawg, it may not be that way in the sad lives of the beta males that post here, but in coaches' homes, the women don't actually wear the pants. Not attacking you. I just can't stand when I see "but his wife...!!!" whenever a man's career is discussed.

  • @comeonman said:

    Please god no. Keep one of my teams as a contender please.

    @tour2ma said:

    Really? This deserved it's own thread?

    Oh shut the fuck up you old fuddy duddy mother fuker

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Oh shut the fuck up you old fuddy duddy mother fuker

    I laughed my ass off at this lol

  • Canton Dawg, it may not be that way in the sad lives of the beta males that post here, but in coaches' homes, the women don't actually wear the pants. Not attacking you. I just can't stand when I see "but his wife...!!!" whenever a man's career is discussed.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #56

    @wargograw said:

    Canton Dawg, it may not be that way in the sad lives of the beta males that post here, but in coaches' homes, the women don't actually wear the pants. Not attacking you. I just can't stand when I see "but his wife...!!!" whenever a man's career is discussed.

    Ahhh you have so much to learn grasshopper. 😁

  • @the-gipper said:

    Ashtabula.

    Nobody buys a house in that shithole, or in Barberton.

    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nobody buys a house in that shithole, or in Barberton.

    plenty of vacant homes along fleet ave.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Plus...............

    It's from Shatsports.

    😉

    WSS

  • Canton Dawg, it may not be that way in the sad lives of the beta males that post here, but in coaches' homes, the women don't actually wear the pants. Not attacking you. I just can't stand when I see "but his wife...!!!" whenever a man's career is discussed.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @wargograw said:

    Canton Dawg, it may not be that way in the sad lives of the beta males that post here, but in coaches' homes, the women don't actually wear the pants. Not attacking you. I just can't stand when I see "but his wife...!!!" whenever a man's career is discussed.

    How many years have you been married?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #60

    Zero. Look at any coach's resume and see how many times his wife put her foot down about moving. The average coach in his 50s has probably made about 10 stops in his career.

    I remember when Ann Romney 100% was NOT going to allow Mitt to run again in 2012. By the way, you can even find some Meyer articles where he says after Florida his wife and daughters told him he wasn't allowed to coach again. Well, he promised them he wouldn't lose his mind again, and the rest is history.

  • Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, Manning, Saban, and now Meyer.

    Let's just bring them all on board and get 1 super staff.

    ---

    Regardless, none of these rumors should be taken with the slightest seriousness as long as Pettine is the coach.

    Even so, I don't want Urban Meyer - the guy is not an NFL coach, period.

    Saban is much better suited to coach in the NFL - if we're talking about unrealistic head coach prospects that could make the jump.

    If we fire Pettine we'll hear all these great names in full force - then we'll pick up the jags defensive backs coach in March, per usual.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @bbedward said:

    Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, Manning, Saban, and now Meyer.

    Let's just bring them all on board and get 1 super staff.

    ---

    Regardless, none of these rumors should be taken with the slightest seriousness as long as Pettine is the coach.

    Even so, I don't want Urban Meyer - the guy is not an NFL coach, period.

    Saban is much better suited to coach in the NFL - if we're talking about unrealistic head coach prospects that could make the jump.

    If we fire Pettine we'll hear all these great names in full force - then we'll pick up the jags defensive backs coach in March, per usual.

    I hear ya man.

    Guys like St Nick and Ferentz not only coached in the NFL - they coached right here in Cleveland alongside other about-to-be successes Ozzie Newsome and Bill Belichick (love em or hate em). While I'm at it, another guy that received an invaluable learning experience from that staff was Jim Schwartz - who experienced some degree of success as a Head Coach in Detroit (which hasn't been a very easy thing to accomplish over the years) after serving as a DC in TN.