Skip to content

Cincy's built an AFC north team...

The Browns Board
28 13 1.3k
  • I love the Bengals front 7, I really do. They built the prototype 4-3 imo. No pussy hybrid types or "speed rush" ninny's on the edges...all those guys hold up at the point of attack. Pair that front 4 with two mean cock diesel mofo's in maleuga and Burfict, plus the obligatory cover OLB'er..don't know who that is for them...but that's my defense. That is the kind of defense that Mingo would utterly thrive in. If they had Mingo as that cover olb'er that defense could potentially compete for best ever. Please build a D like that whoever is coach next year.

  • If Mingo's not a 'speed rush ninny' I don't know who is.

  • Well, we can say what we want about the Bengals, but they are the ones who are 11-2......

    And, you know what?>....they stuck with their coach thru the bad times to get to this point...

    He went from 11-5, down to 4-12 and no one fired him....then he went 10-6 and fell to 4-12 the next year....and no one fired him...(yet we fall 1/2 as far and our guys are about to be strung up)

    And now that team is showing what "know their system" means....and how it looks when you dont have to think so much.....and what an organization can do with a little patience....

    Dalton, Greene, Marv were all bums a few years ago,,,,and were known as a completely underperforming team....yet they stayed the course....

    Funny thing is people think we are under performing too(I agree)....but, we have no where NEAR the talent they had(or have)....yet we have higher expectations here....

    No coaching staff is gonna turn us around in 2 year2.....not one....but its clear thats all we're gonna give him.....(hell, you all were screaming for his head by game 6.....so not even 2 years really)

    So....get used to the revolving door, because we will never ever win until we set the course....and stay with it.....period.

    @mudfly said:

    Well, we can say what we want about the Bengals, but they are the ones who are 11-2......

    And, you know what?>....they stuck with their coach thru the bad times to get to this point...

    He went from 11-5, down to 4-12 and no one fired him....then he went 10-6 and fell to 4-12 the next year....and no one fired him...(yet we fall 1/2 as far and our guys are about to be strung up)

    And now that team is showing what "know their system" means....and how it looks when you dont have to think so much.....and what an organization can do with a little patience....

    Dalton, Greene, Marv were all bums a few years ago,,,,and were known as a completely underperforming team....yet they stayed the course....

    Funny thing is people think we are under performing too(I agree)....but, we have no where NEAR the talent they had(or have)....yet we have higher expectations here....

    No coaching staff is gonna turn us around in 2 year2.....not one....but its clear thats all we're gonna give him.....(hell, you all were screaming for his head by game 6.....so not even 2 years really)

    So....get used to the revolving door, because we will never ever win until we set the course....and stay with it.....period.

    this is exactly what I've been saying. I'm not a "huge' fan of pettine but this is what has to be done now. We can't hire another coach and go 2 and out again. I don't know why people don't understand this. Honestly I wish we would have committed to Chud for 6-7 years. Main reason Chud is from here and really has some emotional skin in the game. Not that Pettine could care less, but he doesn't have that hometown emotional involvement with this team. From his demeanor on Sunday I kind of think he's had enough of this shit. The fans in this town are just unreal. We are self defeating jokers. Clamoring for a redo every 1-2 years, we're gonna keep this team basement dwelling for a decade.

  • @mudfly said:

    Well, we can say what we want about the Bengals, but they are the ones who are 11-2......

    And, you know what?>....they stuck with their coach thru the bad times to get to this point...

    He went from 11-5, down to 4-12 and no one fired him....then he went 10-6 and fell to 4-12 the next year....and no one fired him...(yet we fall 1/2 as far and our guys are about to be strung up)

    And now that team is showing what "know their system" means....and how it looks when you dont have to think so much.....and what an organization can do with a little patience....

    Dalton, Greene, Marv were all bums a few years ago,,,,and were known as a completely underperforming team....yet they stayed the course....

    Funny thing is people think we are under performing too(I agree)....but, we have no where NEAR the talent they had(or have)....yet we have higher expectations here....

    No coaching staff is gonna turn us around in 2 year2.....not one....but its clear thats all we're gonna give him.....(hell, you all were screaming for his head by game 6.....so not even 2 years really)

    So....get used to the revolving door, because we will never ever win until we set the course....and stay with it.....period.

    this is exactly what I've been saying. I'm not a "huge' fan of pettine but this is what has to be done now. We can't hire another coach and go 2 and out again. I don't know why people don't understand this. Honestly I wish we would have committed to Chud for 6-7 years. Main reason Chud is from here and really has some emotional skin in the game. Not that Pettine could care less, but he doesn't have that hometown emotional involvement with this team. From his demeanor on Sunday I kind of think he's had enough of this shit. The fans in this town are just unreal. We are self defeating jokers. Clamoring for a redo every 1-2 years, we're gonna keep this team basement dwelling for a decade.

    @clevfan4life said:

    this is exactly what I've been saying. I'm not a "huge' fan of pettine but this is what has to be done now. We can't hire another coach and go 2 and out again. I don't know why people don't understand this. Honestly I wish we would have committed to Chud for 6-7 years. Main reason Chud is from here and really has some emotional skin in the game. Not that Pettine could care less, but he doesn't have that hometown emotional involvement with this team. From his demeanor on Sunday I kind of think he's had enough of this shit. The fans in this town are just unreal. We are self defeating jokers. Clamoring for a redo every 1-2 years, we're gonna keep this team basement dwelling for a decade.

    And Chud had a solid staff.....which Pettine doesnt.....

  • @bob806 said:

    Bengals are legit, I think they get to the AFC Title game at the very least.

    I can't stand that Jeremy Hill guy either. Way too cocky.

    I'm a fan of the bengals and I also think he is too cocky. He has played like shit most of the year and wants to act like a damn fool when he finally does some good things. He has actually gotten a few flags this year from doing stupid shit. Im glad Giovanni Bernard doesn't act like that.

    @harry-taintsniffer said:

    I'm a fan of the bengals and I also think he is too cocky. He has played like shit most of the year and wants to act like a damn fool when he finally does some good things. He has actually gotten a few flags this year from doing stupid shit. Im glad Giovanni Bernard doesn't act like that.

    GTFOOHWTBS ! Browns ....no, each team in the AFCN, would love to have Hill in their backfield. Bengal fans are a trip sometimes.
  • @clevfan4life said:

    this is exactly what I've been saying. I'm not a "huge' fan of pettine but this is what has to be done now. We can't hire another coach and go 2 and out again. I don't know why people don't understand this. Honestly I wish we would have committed to Chud for 6-7 years. Main reason Chud is from here and really has some emotional skin in the game. Not that Pettine could care less, but he doesn't have that hometown emotional involvement with this team. From his demeanor on Sunday I kind of think he's had enough of this shit. The fans in this town are just unreal. We are self defeating jokers. Clamoring for a redo every 1-2 years, we're gonna keep this team basement dwelling for a decade.

    And Chud had a solid staff.....which Pettine doesnt.....

    @mudfly said:

    And Chud had a solid staff.....which Pettine doesnt.....

    That's not what the gen consensus was here two years ago. Y'all couldn't wait to can that mother fucker. And Chud had "heart" here in Cleveland. It kills me too. That was a guy we let grow here cause he would have been happy to coach us for decades. Fuck!!! Seriously fuck. We are never going to have anyone here that gives that kind of fuck about Cleveland. I by and large like Pettine but he'd be fine going somewhere else. The dude will have a job next year somewhere in the NFL as coach or DC. And he will torch us on is way out.

  • @mudfly said:

    And Chud had a solid staff.....which Pettine doesnt.....

    That's not what the gen consensus was here two years ago. Y'all couldn't wait to can that mother fucker. And Chud had "heart" here in Cleveland. It kills me too. That was a guy we let grow here cause he would have been happy to coach us for decades. Fuck!!! Seriously fuck. We are never going to have anyone here that gives that kind of fuck about Cleveland. I by and large like Pettine but he'd be fine going somewhere else. The dude will have a job next year somewhere in the NFL as coach or DC. And he will torch us on is way out.

    @clevfan4life said:

    That's not what the gen consensus was here two years ago.

    I wasnt here back then to see it....but am seeing now that the mob mentality can get ugly...(and misguided)...pretty fast...

    I, for one, was disappointed to see that staff cut after just one season....it was completely redunkulous....

    You know....just Norv Turner has more years of experience, on his own, than just about our entire coaching staff combined....

  • @clevfan4life said:

    That's not what the gen consensus was here two years ago.

    I wasnt here back then to see it....but am seeing now that the mob mentality can get ugly...(and misguided)...pretty fast...

    I, for one, was disappointed to see that staff cut after just one season....it was completely redunkulous....

    You know....just Norv Turner has more years of experience, on his own, than just about our entire coaching staff combined....

    @mudfly said:

    I wasnt here back then to see it....but am seeing now that the mob mentality can get ugly...(and misguided)...pretty fast...

    I, for one, was disappointed to see that staff cut after just one season....it was completely redunkulous....

    You know....just Norv Turner has more years of experience, on his own, than just about our entire coaching staff combined....

    Even though I personally would have given Shurm another year or two, mostly because I saw potential in Jaurons 4-3...he was the only coach since Crennel that you could make a reasonable case he could be let go given that someone better was in the works. Mangini's firing was maybe the most farcical, how any Browns fan could watch the patriot and saints game and say hey this thing isn't going anywhere....it just floored me the fan base didn't riot. The defense needed work obviously but the offense being built under Mangini was an AFC North ground and pound, perfect in other words. It was only gonna get better too once we added the real over the top threats and a QB that could get the ball there.

    In retrospect I should have stopped consuming the product after that firing cause all of us continuing to watch this horseshit not only validates these management decisions, it made them feel spry enough to actually raise ticket prices.

  • I said NO WAY the rumor was true that Chud would be axed when the rumors started coming. Then he was.

    Anyway, you can't look backwards now.so who cares.

    I don't really mind if we keep Pettine, as long as the defensive staff gets a clean sweep.

  • My issue with Pettine now is he has to explain his defense. He has to explain why players are being asked to play at drastically reduced weight and that it may be impacting their leverage. He didn't do this in Buffalo so I don't know wtf is going on. If Cleveland was just some "experiment" to him than well.........

  • My issue with Pettine now is he has to explain his defense. He has to explain why players are being asked to play at drastically reduced weight and that it may be impacting their leverage. He didn't do this in Buffalo so I don't know wtf is going on. If Cleveland was just some "experiment" to him than well.........

    @clevfan4life said:

    My issue with Pettine now is he has to explain his defense. He has to explain why players are being asked to play at drastically reduced weight and that it may be impacting their leverage. He didn't do this in Buffalo so I don't know wtf is going on. If Cleveland was just some "experiment" to him than well.........

    See my other thread......he has to explain why, per one criteria....he has the worst defense in the history of the National Football League.

    First team to ever give up 24 pts. in 10 consecutive games.