Skip to content

Is this true?

The Browns Board
32 18 1.5k
  • Yep, true. We got rid of him to play a sock monkey

  • Another player not deemed worthy by Ray Farmer.

  • If the sock monkey, assuming you mean Josh McCown, hd started instead of Hoyer last year we'd have gone to the playoffs.

    WSS

  • If the sock monkey, assuming you mean Josh McCown, hd started instead of Hoyer last year we'd have gone to the playoffs.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If the sock monkey, assuming you mean Josh McCown, hd started instead of Hoyer last year we'd have gone to the playoffs.

    WSS

    I believe Farmer tried signing the sock monkey from Kia. It wouldn't come here tho.... Eric Cartman for coach!..lol
  • @westside-steve said:

    If the sock monkey, assuming you mean Josh McCown, hd started instead of Hoyer last year we'd have gone to the playoffs.

    WSS

    I believe Farmer tried signing the sock monkey from Kia. It wouldn't come here tho.... Eric Cartman for coach!..lol

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I believe Farmer tried signing the sock monkey from Kia. It wouldn't come here tho.... Eric Cartman for coach!..lol

    Don't set the bar so high, try for Timmy.

  • I agree, McCown is an upgrade from Hoyer. Liked Hoyer but he shit the bed something fierce last year. We def would have been in the playoffs with mccown. Which is why I want us to draft defense 1st and find a protégé for McCown later in the draft.

  • Here's the thing...

    Yes, that is true, but let's not forget the five game stretch where Hoyer completely unraveled. It wasn't pretty, and it was heartbreaking to a fan base that desperately wanted him to succeed. Not helping matters was having Manziel on the bench, a player that presented potential and athletic ability, not to mention a more reliable deep ball. Does anyone remember the passes Hoyer missed for deep completions? The open TD's? How disoriented he appeared at times? I'm not placing all the blame on him, but the relationship between he and Manziel was frosty to say the least, and it was a difficult situation.

    Hoyer is playing pretty well during the past several games, but it's not like he took the league by storm this season. He started by default (when super idiot missed the bus or plane...or whatever it was), then he was benched for being ineffective, and then he got the starting role back again. Hoyer can play at a decent clip when he has the support of a competent defense. I still maintain that he's a good backup because I don't believe he can sustain a high enough level of play for 16 games. However, as a backup...he might be the best in the league, and I'm not knocking that. A reliable backup can mean the difference between making the playoffs or sitting out in January.

  • If the sock monkey, assuming you mean Josh McCown, hd started instead of Hoyer last year we'd have gone to the playoffs.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If the sock monkey, assuming you mean Josh McCown, hd started instead of Hoyer last year we'd have gone to the playoffs.

    WSS

    McCown has played tough and played well, but t Hoyer won. No matter what, that's what counts.

    As is the Brownsboard fans way, we can make excuses, what it's, yea buts, etc. Fact is Hoyer won with basically the same group.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I believe Farmer tried signing the sock monkey from Kia. It wouldn't come here tho.... Eric Cartman for coach!..lol

    Don't set the bar so high, try for Timmy.

    @tinythinker said:

    Don't set the bar so high, try for Timmy.

    we could call him "wheels"....put him on the board next to weeds...lol

  • Hoyer's last games for the Browns were absolutely atrocious. McCown was an upgrade

  • I'll take 10-6 over 3-24 all day long. I don't care who is better or looks better or has more so-called potential. This is a win-loss business.

    I don't think they make the playoffs last year because they were "forced" to play Johnny.

  • We're comparing a career backup QB to another career backup QB.

    It's a sad day to be a Browns fan.

  • Or a good day to start drinking heavily. Wtf, maybe the kid knows something

  • I'll take 10-6 over 3-24 all day long. I don't care who is better or looks better or has more so-called potential. This is a win-loss business.

    I don't think they make the playoffs last year because they were "forced" to play Johnny.

    @browns149 said:

    I'll take 10-6 over 3-24 all day long. I don't care who is better or looks better or has more so-called potential. This is a win-loss business.

    I don't think they make the playoffs last year because they were "forced" to play Johnny.

    Point being Josh McCown was and is lots better than Brian Hoyer and wouldn't have collapsed.

    WSS

  • @browns149 said:

    I'll take 10-6 over 3-24 all day long. I don't care who is better or looks better or has more so-called potential. This is a win-loss business.

    I don't think they make the playoffs last year because they were "forced" to play Johnny.

    Point being Josh McCown was and is lots better than Brian Hoyer and wouldn't have collapsed.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Point being Josh McCown was and is lots better than Brian Hoyer and wouldn't have collapsed.

    WSS

    But he did collapse. Why? It's a team game and he is on a team that's playing horrible. And right now, I don't see qb as being either a solution or problem. The IR, lack of practice time and complacency are the biggest issues...at least that's how I see it.
  • Hoyer collapsed because the running game went into the shitter last year. I have the colts game on dvr from last year and watch it all the time. Everyone and I do mean Everyone blames Hoyer for losing that game in the second half. I see it much much different.

    Of all the RB carries in the 2nd half of the that colts game last year not 1 FUCKING RUSH went longer for 3 yrds NOT A SINGLE FUCKING RUN.

  • Hoyer collapsed because the running game went into the shitter last year. I have the colts game on dvr from last year and watch it all the time. Everyone and I do mean Everyone blames Hoyer for losing that game in the second half. I see it much much different.

    Of all the RB carries in the 2nd half of the that colts game last year not 1 FUCKING RUSH went longer for 3 yrds NOT A SINGLE FUCKING RUN.

    @cdl15 said:

    Hoyer collapsed because the running game went into the shitter last year. I have the colts game on dvr from last year and watch it all the time. Everyone and I do mean Everyone blames Hoyer for losing that game in the second half. I see it much much different.

    Of all the RB carries in the 2nd half of the that colts game last year not 1 FUCKING RUSH went longer for 3 yrds NOT A SINGLE FUCKING RUN.

    My only argument would be that McCown has flourished w/o a running game and, in my estimation, a team that was performing at a lower level....

  • @browns149 said:

    I'll take 10-6 over 3-24 all day long. I don't care who is better or looks better or has more so-called potential. This is a win-loss business.

    I don't think they make the playoffs last year because they were "forced" to play Johnny.

    Point being Josh McCown was and is lots better than Brian Hoyer and wouldn't have collapsed.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Point being Josh McCown was and is lots better than Brian Hoyer and wouldn't have collapsed.

    On balance I prefer McC as well, but I don't think you can say "lots better".

    The good Hoyer, the confident one that started the season for us last year, was better than McC. He was quicker, more decisive and (this just occurred to me) probably hid PassPro warts that are all too evident this season.

    But, alas, BH was more fragile... especially mentally. He was the holder of his dream job (not a factor for McC), winning and being rooted against by half(?) his fan base who had thrown him over for what he knew to be an ill-prepared, party boy.

  • They wanted Hoyer to help Johnny and he didn't do that. Hoyer wanted the job for himself, which is what I want in a QB. Not some retread that is OK with giving up his job to some punk. And by the way, how's McCown doing in his role as mentor to Johnny?

  • Tour I might disagree that Brian Hoyer was better than Josh in the first six games but... Emotionally fragile? Yes sir I fully understand that and felt shitty for the kid.

    I played with a guitar player whosee attitude and ability went right in the crapper when we replaced the second guitar player with one who is pretty hot. Guitarist A sulked and bitched, made a point of scowling on stage etc etc.

    WSS