Skip to content

Is this true?

The Browns Board
32 18 1.5k
  • They wanted Hoyer to help Johnny and he didn't do that. Hoyer wanted the job for himself, which is what I want in a QB. Not some retread that is OK with giving up his job to some punk. And by the way, how's McCown doing in his role as mentor to Johnny?

  • Tour I might disagree that Brian Hoyer was better than Josh in the first six games but... Emotionally fragile? Yes sir I fully understand that and felt shitty for the kid.

    I played with a guitar player whosee attitude and ability went right in the crapper when we replaced the second guitar player with one who is pretty hot. Guitarist A sulked and bitched, made a point of scowling on stage etc etc.

    WSS

  • Hoyer was successful, until a certain point in the season. What changed? Josh Gordon came back. That is what changed. Shannihans play calling and Hoyer's reads changed when Gordon came back. He is the reason for Hoyer's failure. Gordon tokes up again and never touches the field, Hoyer is still a Brown.

  • Yes indeed the return of Josh Gordon was no godsend.

    WSS

  • Yeah Gordon didn't help the situation at all.

  • Here's the thing...

    Yes, that is true, but let's not forget the five game stretch where Hoyer completely unraveled. It wasn't pretty, and it was heartbreaking to a fan base that desperately wanted him to succeed. Not helping matters was having Manziel on the bench, a player that presented potential and athletic ability, not to mention a more reliable deep ball. Does anyone remember the passes Hoyer missed for deep completions? The open TD's? How disoriented he appeared at times? I'm not placing all the blame on him, but the relationship between he and Manziel was frosty to say the least, and it was a difficult situation.

    Hoyer is playing pretty well during the past several games, but it's not like he took the league by storm this season. He started by default (when super idiot missed the bus or plane...or whatever it was), then he was benched for being ineffective, and then he got the starting role back again. Hoyer can play at a decent clip when he has the support of a competent defense. I still maintain that he's a good backup because I don't believe he can sustain a high enough level of play for 16 games. However, as a backup...he might be the best in the league, and I'm not knocking that. A reliable backup can mean the difference between making the playoffs or sitting out in January.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Here's the thing...

    Hoyer is playing pretty well during the past several games, but it's not like he took the league by storm this season. He started by default (when super idiot missed the bus or plane...or whatever it was), then he was benched for being ineffective, and then he got the starting role back again. Hoyer can play at a decent clip when he has the support of a competent defense. I still maintain that he's a good backup because I don't believe he can sustain a high enough level of play for 16 games. However, as a backup...he might be the best in the league, and I'm not knocking that. A reliable backup can mean the difference between making the playoffs or sitting out in January.

    Actually, I'd take Hoyer's play right now 95 qbr. Sure, he hit a dreadful patch the end of last season.

    That he didn't want to mentor Johnny is well documented. He wanted to start- or go elsewhere. Good for him- the Texans are still in the playoff hunt.

  • Nothing like getting credit for a win after you were knocked out of the game and trailing 10 to 0

  • We should have had Hoyer and McCown. That would have been the ticket. It's the defense that sucks. Farmer needed to draft better and passed on wide receivers. Every team took a wide receiver but us. And I don't count those shrimps he found in free agency or Vincent Mayle who's gone now.

    It's embarrassing to be this bad 15 years after coming back into the league. Teams get better, they trend in the right direction by drafting the best available. Why is that so hard for anyone who works for the Browns to believe? Why do they skip pro days and combines? What's wrong with these arrogant pricks? They always pull a stunt on draft day. The only time the Browns are relevant. Then back to obscurity.

    This current team couldn't beat Clemson

  • Fuck Hoyer. He's history and who gives a shit?

  • Fuck Hoyer. He's history and who gives a shit?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Fuck Hoyer. He's history and who gives a shit?

    Opel does.....actually loves all our EX players more than the current ones.....

    If we had all those shitty players back, then we'd be as great as we were when they were here dammit!!!......oh wait.....

  • I do miss Busters Skrine though.

    And the Joe Haden that played here last year.

    WSS

  • I'm just sad that I am no longer permitted to think fondly of Jim Brown...

    or Jerry Sherk...

    ... Clay, Sr.

    Bernie or Brian...

  • I do miss Busters Skrine though.

    And the Joe Haden that played here last year.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I do miss Busters Skrine though.

    And the Joe Haden that played here last year.

    WSS

    Hardee fucking har har.