Skip to content

Team color vs team name sake

The Browns Board
40 19 1.5k
  • ForeverClevelandF ForeverCleveland wrote on last edited by
    #19

    vk5fb.jpg

  • P paul warfield wrote on last edited by
    #20

    OP ,saying Paul Brown left is a bit deceptive, art modell fired him.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I wouldn't mind the bulldogs. In any case though, no chance a rebrand changes anything in Berea.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #22

    The black clouds. It'd be an apt description.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #23

    The Cleveland Clevelands? Someone on this board has an avatar that's a picture of a Browns helmet with Cleveland from Family Guy on it. We can use that.

  • The Cleveland Clevelands? Someone on this board has an avatar that's a picture of a Browns helmet with Cleveland from Family Guy on it. We can use that.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @wargograw said:

    The Cleveland Clevelands? Someone on this board has an avatar that's a picture of a Browns helmet with Cleveland from Family Guy on it. We can use that.

    The South Beachers.

    clevelander-south-beach-cover.jpg

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    lol... Johnny leading a team renamed after a South Beach bar. Whatever could go wrong?

  • Cleveland Bulldogs is the only alternative to the Browns imo. I can see why there would be an interest in changing the Browns since the Brown family are Bungals, but it does increase the divisional rivalries somehow. That is definitely a question only you natives can decide on though! How realistic is it in the near future for something like this to happen and is it discussed in the local press?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @deputydawg said:

    Cleveland Bulldogs is the only alternative to the Browns imo. I can see why there would be an interest in changing the Browns since the Brown family are Bungals, but it does increase the divisional rivalries somehow. That is definitely a question only you natives can decide on though! How realistic is it in the near future for something like this to happen and is it discussed in the local press?

    Keeping the Browns name may be just another way to stick it in Mike Brown's ear.

    But perhaps you don't know DD.....the Brown family contends.....perhaps rightly....that the Browns are NOT named after Paul Brown:

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/were-the-cleveland-browns-named-after-boxer-joe-louis.html

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I read it as South bLeachers for a second.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Cleveland Collies. I have 2, Mack & Thomas. May lose Mack to a pothole I named Farmer.

  • @deputydawg said:

    Cleveland Bulldogs is the only alternative to the Browns imo. I can see why there would be an interest in changing the Browns since the Brown family are Bungals, but it does increase the divisional rivalries somehow. That is definitely a question only you natives can decide on though! How realistic is it in the near future for something like this to happen and is it discussed in the local press?

    Keeping the Browns name may be just another way to stick it in Mike Brown's ear.

    But perhaps you don't know DD.....the Brown family contends.....perhaps rightly....that the Browns are NOT named after Paul Brown:

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/were-the-cleveland-browns-named-after-boxer-joe-louis.html

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @the-gipper said:

    Keeping the Browns name may be just another way to stick it in Mike Brown's ear.

    But perhaps you don't know DD.....the Brown family contends.....perhaps rightly....that the Browns are NOT named after Paul Brown:

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/were-the-cleveland-browns-named-after-boxer-joe-louis.html

    So if this were true we'd have teams dubiously named poorly as two different minorities. No wonder we can't win.

  • Cleveland Collies. I have 2, Mack & Thomas. May lose Mack to a pothole I named Farmer.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @gumby73 said:

    Cleveland Collies. I have 2, Mack & Thomas. May lose Mack to a pothole I named Farmer.

    Cleveland Fighting Chihuahuas, small but fierce.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #31

    Very interesting. Totally off the point, but this phrase got me to thinking, "I've seen some reports argue that Brown was not a fan of the team being named after a failed franchise anyways..." .

    I have noticed that many of you from Ohio use that word "anyways" kind of like we use the word "ya'll" down here. Technically it is a word recognized here http://grammarist.com/usage/anyways/ , but is considered more informal than "anyway". Now I have heard that word used a lot with the Neaderthal descendants who inhabit deep east Texas, so it's not like it isn't used here.

    Anyways I was wondering if ya'll are somehow related. 😛

    (Hey you got to laugh now and again during such a miserable season) 😁

  • @the-gipper said:

    Keeping the Browns name may be just another way to stick it in Mike Brown's ear.

    But perhaps you don't know DD.....the Brown family contends.....perhaps rightly....that the Browns are NOT named after Paul Brown:

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/12/were-the-cleveland-browns-named-after-boxer-joe-louis.html

    So if this were true we'd have teams dubiously named poorly as two different minorities. No wonder we can't win.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    So if this were true we'd have teams dubiously named poorly as two different minorities. No wonder we can't win.

    That is correct.......We would have the Native Americans and the African Americans

    And Cavaliers were English soldiers in service to the King. Not sure how they fit in there.

  • Very interesting. Totally off the point, but this phrase got me to thinking, "I've seen some reports argue that Brown was not a fan of the team being named after a failed franchise anyways..." .

    I have noticed that many of you from Ohio use that word "anyways" kind of like we use the word "ya'll" down here. Technically it is a word recognized here http://grammarist.com/usage/anyways/ , but is considered more informal than "anyway". Now I have heard that word used a lot with the Neaderthal descendants who inhabit deep east Texas, so it's not like it isn't used here.

    Anyways I was wondering if ya'll are somehow related. 😛

    (Hey you got to laugh now and again during such a miserable season) 😁

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @texasag1969 said:

    Very interesting. Totally off the point, but this phrase got me to thinking, "I've seen some reports argue that Brown was not a fan of the team being named after a failed franchise anyways..." .

    I have noticed that many of you from Ohio use that word "anyways" kind of like we use the word "ya'll" down here. Technically it is a word recognized here http://grammarist.com/usage/anyways/ , but is considered more informal than "anyway". Now I have heard that word used a lot with the Neaderthal descendants who inhabit deep east Texas, so it's not like it isn't used here.

    Anyways I was wondering if ya'll are somehow related. 😛

    (Hey you got to laugh now and again during such a miserable season) 😁

    I was wondering if your wife was using your account again... almost to the end.

    "... you got to..." gave you away.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Very interesting. Totally off the point, but this phrase got me to thinking, "I've seen some reports argue that Brown was not a fan of the team being named after a failed franchise anyways..." .

    I have noticed that many of you from Ohio use that word "anyways" kind of like we use the word "ya'll" down here. Technically it is a word recognized here http://grammarist.com/usage/anyways/ , but is considered more informal than "anyway". Now I have heard that word used a lot with the Neaderthal descendants who inhabit deep east Texas, so it's not like it isn't used here.

    Anyways I was wondering if ya'll are somehow related. 😛

    (Hey you got to laugh now and again during such a miserable season) 😁

    I was wondering if your wife was using your account again... almost to the end.

    "... you got to..." gave you away.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    I was wondering if your wife was using your account again... almost to the end.

    "... you got to..." gave you away.

    Damn I almost had you fooled into thinking the Cornell English teacher was funnin' ya. Hey you "have to" applaud the attempt. 😁

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Not to change the topic, BUT, got me to wonderin ... are we ever going to get to see a good 'white' cornerback?

  • lol... Johnny leading a team renamed after a South Beach bar. Whatever could go wrong?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Johnny leading a team renamed after a South Beach bar. Whatever could go wrong?

    We have a bar called the Clevelander here, though it doesn't look as cool as the south beach variant.

  • Not to change the topic, BUT, got me to wonderin ... are we ever going to get to see a good 'white' cornerback?

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @poeticg said:

    Not to change the topic, BUT, got me to wonderin ... are we ever going to get to see a good 'white' cornerback?

    No reason why not except positional prejudice. No one thought much of white receivers for a while but the patriots seem to be doing ok with them.

  • Not to change the topic, BUT, got me to wonderin ... are we ever going to get to see a good 'white' cornerback?

    ForeverClevelandF ForeverCleveland wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @poeticg said:

    Not to change the topic, BUT, got me to wonderin ... are we ever going to get to see a good 'white' cornerback?

    As long as he's 6'2 and can be a shutdown corner, i don't care what color he is