Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
76 27 3.6k
  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I also heard first 100 yard rusher since week 4 last year

    Yikes

  • B BrownsDawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #34

    This game is getting very interesting!

  • @stinkhole said:

    Love how the browns ran the ball down the 9'ers throats...their D preparing for a Johnny Manziel show.

    Good game plan by Flip.

    Very true. crowell looks like a pro athlete today. I'll wait for verification from Tour, but I suspect Erving's replacement is much better at run blocking...

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #35

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Very true. crowell looks like a pro athlete today. I'll wait for verification from Tour, but I suspect Erving's replacement is much better at run blocking...

    No, I would say its the pour blocking by the Niner's. The same Crowe (no holes opening) will be back next 3 weeks. And no one on this board is a bigger Browns fan than i am, but we have to face the fact. Of course, the problem will be our Offense line, not Crowe.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Manziel opens things up, he really does. He still needs to learn when to throw it away or he will get killed running around like he does, still though, very good vibes from him being a leader today on the sideline

  • It's nice seeing the Browns run the ball.

    The 49ers are awful, but it's still nice to be dominating a team

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @typicalbrowns said:

    It's nice seeing the Browns run the ball.

    The 49ers are awful, but it's still nice to be dominating a team

    Good momentum. I really want to see how they play vs Seattle

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    Very true. crowell looks like a pro athlete today. I'll wait for verification from Tour, but I suspect Erving's replacement is much better at run blocking...

    No, I would say its the pour blocking by the Niner's. The same Crowe (no holes opening) will be back next 3 weeks. And no one on this board is a bigger Browns fan than i am, but we have to face the fact. Of course, the problem will be our Offense line, not Crowe.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #38

    @dawg2fan said:

    No, I would say its the pour blocking by the Niner's. The same Crowe (no holes opening) will be back next 3 weeks. And no one on this board is a bigger Browns fan than i am, but we have to face the fact. Of course, the problem will be our Offense line, not Crowe.

    Crow, Malcolm Johnson, and the TE crew have all been bigger problems than our OLine - as it pertains to our run game anyway

  • @typicalbrowns said:

    It's nice seeing the Browns run the ball.

    The 49ers are awful, but it's still nice to be dominating a team

    Good momentum. I really want to see how they play vs Seattle

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @baconhound said:

    Good momentum. I really want to see how they play vs Seattle

    I hate to say it, but with our Oline, I'd be surprised if we stay within 3 TDs of Seattle. Don't forget, the 49er's are only rushing 3 or 4. Seattle will get pressure with only 4.

  • @dawg2fan said:

    No, I would say its the pour blocking by the Niner's. The same Crowe (no holes opening) will be back next 3 weeks. And no one on this board is a bigger Browns fan than i am, but we have to face the fact. Of course, the problem will be our Offense line, not Crowe.

    Crow, Malcolm Johnson, and the TE crew have all been bigger problems than our OLine - as it pertains to our run game anyway

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @bbedward said:

    Crow, Malcolm Johnson, and the TE crew have all been bigger problems than our OLine - as it pertains to our run game anyway

    Agreed, but the Oline needs to protect the QB. And also, Seattle will cover the TEs and RBs a lot better.

  • D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Where has this defense been all year long?

  • @baconhound said:

    Good momentum. I really want to see how they play vs Seattle

    I hate to say it, but with our Oline, I'd be surprised if we stay within 3 TDs of Seattle. Don't forget, the 49er's are only rushing 3 or 4. Seattle will get pressure with only 4.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @dawg2fan said:

    I hate to say it, but with our Oline, I'd be surprised if we stay within 3 TDs of Seattle. Don't forget, the 49er's are only rushing 3 or 4. Seattle will get pressure with only 4.

    I'm not a Manziel fan but if he is the guy I'll support him. I just know how you look against Tennessee, Baltimore and San Francisco isn't what will signal future success

  • Where has this defense been all year long?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @dawg08 said:

    Where has this defense been all year long?

    Same defense, 49ers stink

  • @dawg08 said:

    Where has this defense been all year long?

    Same defense, 49ers stink

    D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @baconhound said:

    Same defense, 49ers stink

    They put 26 pts up against the Bears. Next week should be interesting

  • @dawg08 said:

    Where has this defense been all year long?

    Same defense, 49ers stink

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #45

    @baconhound said:

    Same defense, 49ers stink

    Couldn't agree more. And I agree that we don't have a QB issue. Honesty, I feel we would be ok if we had more weapons on offense. But tell that to Farmer. And on D, we just need another D Coordinator. O'Neil just plain sucks. Calling a good game today, but we wont finish the season with more than 3 wins.

  • @baconhound said:

    Same defense, 49ers stink

    They put 26 pts up against the Bears. Next week should be interesting

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound
    #46

    @dawg08 said:

    They put 26 pts up against the Bears. Next week should be interesting

    Bears stink as well and that was in overtime

  • @dawg08 said:

    They put 26 pts up against the Bears. Next week should be interesting

    Bears stink as well and that was in overtime

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @baconhound said:

    Bears stink as well and that was in overtime

    And Chicago should have won it in regulation if they had made that FG.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Makes you wonder what this year could have been...

  • Makes you wonder what this year could have been...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Makes you wonder what this year could have been...

    Probably about the same.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Makes you wonder what this year could have been...

    Probably about the same.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tiamat63 said:

    Probably about the same.

    Probably, except we'd have a 100% clear picture of what we had behind center - good or bad.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Seattle is playing lights out! All Imask is for the Browns to be competitive!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Looked to me like it's the first time the defense was playing

    uplifted and energized, and NOT confused with

    miscommunications.

    My guess is, Oneil and Pettine sat down with their defense

    and asked them how they could fix it.

    And, it was a great matchup across the board for the Browns.

    There were times when Manziel had all day to throw, and had no one to throw to.

    Would have been better to have gone to this game, ...but no, I went to the cincy debacle.

    These players played excited, and just looked like they were all on the same page.

    Odd, I didn't see..any duct tape on Oneil's mouth...