***Official Browns Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread***
-
Same defense, 49ers stink
Couldn't agree more. And I agree that we don't have a QB issue. Honesty, I feel we would be ok if we had more weapons on offense. But tell that to Farmer. And on D, we just need another D Coordinator. O'Neil just plain sucks. Calling a good game today, but we wont finish the season with more than 3 wins.
-
Same defense, 49ers stink
They put 26 pts up against the Bears. Next week should be interesting
-
Bears stink as well and that was in overtime
And Chicago should have won it in regulation if they had made that FG.
-
Makes you wonder what this year could have been...
-
Makes you wonder what this year could have been...
Makes you wonder what this year could have been...
Probably about the same.
-
Makes you wonder what this year could have been...
Probably about the same.
-
-
Looked to me like it's the first time the defense was playing
uplifted and energized, and NOT confused with
miscommunications.
My guess is, Oneil and Pettine sat down with their defense
and asked them how they could fix it.
And, it was a great matchup across the board for the Browns.
There were times when Manziel had all day to throw, and had no one to throw to.
Would have been better to have gone to this game, ...but no, I went to the cincy debacle.
These players played excited, and just looked like they were all on the same page.
Odd, I didn't see..any duct tape on Oneil's mouth...
-
Honestly that INT is more on Hartline than Johnny. If you wave frantically for the ball, you need to make a better effort going towards the ball to make the catch. Hartline assumed no one was near him and was backpedaling instead of meeting the ball in the air. It's not surprising to see Johnny that pissed after the play... All that said, Barnidge was open on the right side and even Benji was open for at least 7 yards after the scramble..
Honestly that douchebag above would find something wrong with Manziel even if he went 50/50 with 10 TDs. There's no point in even talking about it.
Honestly that douchebag above would find something wrong with Manziel even if he went 50/50 with 10 TDs. There's no point in even talking about it.
The truth is the truth regardless of the source.
Very true. crowell looks like a pro athlete today. I'll wait for verification from Tour, but I suspect Erving's replacement is much better at run blocking...
I may actually grade this week, if I have time. My working theory is that we reverted to more of a power run scheme this week and it produced honest to God holes... near where they were supposed to be.
-
It's nice seeing the Browns run the ball.
The 49ers are awful, but it's still nice to be dominating a team
It's nice seeing the Browns run the ball.
The 49ers are awful, but it's still nice to be dominating a team
Looked to me like it's the first time the defense was playing
uplifted and energized, and NOT confused with
miscommunications.
I wish that was the case, cal, but no...
I'm more in line with TB...
SF stunk today and we refused to play down to their level.
-
-
Honestly that douchebag above would find something wrong with Manziel even if he went 50/50 with 10 TDs. There's no point in even talking about it.
The truth is the truth regardless of the source.
Very true. crowell looks like a pro athlete today. I'll wait for verification from Tour, but I suspect Erving's replacement is much better at run blocking...
I may actually grade this week, if I have time. My working theory is that we reverted to more of a power run scheme this week and it produced honest to God holes... near where they were supposed to be.
The truth is the truth regardless of the source.
I may actually grade this week, if I have time. My working theory is that we reverted to more of a power run scheme this week and it produced honest to God holes... near where they were supposed to be.
LOL! I had a chance to see the tape when I got home late yesterday. My first thought was, "Tour's got to grade this!"

They looked far more coordinated than I have seen them this whole year. The same can be said for the whole defense. I don't care that SF is not great, I saw fire, enthusiasm and people giving everything they had to take their part of the responsibility in this full team effort.
-
49ers weigh in on Browns surprise performance. . .
"They were able to do whatever they wanted to do on us". - Ahmad Brooks
-
49ers weigh in on Browns surprise performance. . .
"They were able to do whatever they wanted to do on us". - Ahmad Brooks
49ers weigh in on Browns surprise performance. . .
"They were able to do whatever they wanted to do on us". - Ahmad Brooks
Nice....thats a plus 1 for our coaching staff....

-
49ers weigh in on Browns surprise performance. . .
"They were able to do whatever they wanted to do on us". - Ahmad Brooks
Nice....thats a plus 1 for our coaching staff....

Nice....thats a plus 1 for our coaching staff....

Yep, lot of praise for the OL as well. And this particular comment about JM gave me deja vu because I said it last year here, "He's dangerous throwing downfield when the receivers do a good job getting open when he starts to scramble." I had said on here that as receivers get used to him extending plays they will begin to find ways to get open. A prime example was the cooperation between JM and Barnidge on a right side scramble when Barnidge got behind the defender and JM pointed for him to continue going longer as he threw him open even more. That is the same chemistry he developed with Evans and bodes well for both in the future. I think he has it with Benjamin as well.
I still agree the first option is to go through all the progressions first and take off when nothing develops. But it's good to see when receivers and QB are on the same scramble page as well when it becomes the last resort. Now if he can just learn to throw it away when that fails as well. Then you have a complete dual threat QB.
-
Same chemistry Hoyer developed...

I thought JM had shown "throw it away" progress this year until SF. But lesson reinforced... no harm move along... if ESPN will let us.
I swear the lead "game highlight" in every CLE/SF replay package was that play... usually followed by a scramble run... usually followed by the TD to Barn. One thing did precede the INT, however... "the autograph".
-
Honestly that douchebag above would find something wrong with Manziel even if he went 50/50 with 10 TDs. There's no point in even talking about it.
The truth is the truth regardless of the source.
Very true. crowell looks like a pro athlete today. I'll wait for verification from Tour, but I suspect Erving's replacement is much better at run blocking...
I may actually grade this week, if I have time. My working theory is that we reverted to more of a power run scheme this week and it produced honest to God holes... near where they were supposed to be.
-
That's what these old bloodshot eyes saw as well.
Now the question is: was the shift SF, game-plan specific or driven by a change in 1 of 5 players?
We'll see Sunday, but I've a feeling it's the former.
-
I have a feeling the change was due to the previous hybrid ZBS scheme wasn't working.
Maybe they should try it against the seachickens.
I'm a firm believer, if its not broke...don't fix it.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login