***Official Browns Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread***
-
Honestly that douchebag above would find something wrong with Manziel even if he went 50/50 with 10 TDs. There's no point in even talking about it.
The truth is the truth regardless of the source.
Very true. crowell looks like a pro athlete today. I'll wait for verification from Tour, but I suspect Erving's replacement is much better at run blocking...
I may actually grade this week, if I have time. My working theory is that we reverted to more of a power run scheme this week and it produced honest to God holes... near where they were supposed to be.
-
That's what these old bloodshot eyes saw as well.
Now the question is: was the shift SF, game-plan specific or driven by a change in 1 of 5 players?
We'll see Sunday, but I've a feeling it's the former.
-
I have a feeling the change was due to the previous hybrid ZBS scheme wasn't working.
Maybe they should try it against the seachickens.
I'm a firm believer, if its not broke...don't fix it.
-
Here's a snippet from a Browns article this week.....offers some insight into the run plan......
2. Browns run game ‘evolving’The Browns passing game has clicked at as high of a level as the team has seen in years, but the running game failed to recapture all that went right early last season. Entering Sunday’s game against the 49ers, Cleveland ranked near the bottom in the NFL in rushing offense and hadn’t cleared 100 yards since Week 6 against the Broncos.
Sunday, of course, was a completely different story. Cleveland had just one rush go for negative yards and finished with the most yards (230) it’s had in years. Both Isaiah Crowell
andDuke Johnson Jr.
set career highs and the Browns doubled their rushing touchdowns on the season from two to four.
So what changed? Pettine indicated Monday that the Browns’ running scheme has evolved as the year has progressed. The outside zone runs that were a staple of Kyle Shanahan’s offense last season have faded a bit, and the Browns have adjusted.
“We ran some downhill runs where we got double-teams at the point of attack. We had some pull plays where were blocking down and kicking out. We ran a good amount of inside zone where I thought the backs had real good vision. I thought everybody involved in the run game stepped up yesterday and, it was our best effort,” Pettine said. “The results certainly bear that out. I think to be successful running the football in the NFL, you have to have a blend of things schematically. I think outside of your fastball, you need to have some complements.
“I think we realized our fastball anymore is not the outside zone, and I think it has transitioned to more of a downhill-zone with some complementary gap-scheme runs.” -
^^Last post in a winning Browns official gameday thread ... Sorry, the Johnny thing got me reminiscing for the good old days when we were 3-10 and owned the 49ers.
Zombo
-
^^Last post in a winning Browns official gameday thread ... Sorry, the Johnny thing got me reminiscing for the good old days when we were 3-10 and owned the 49ers.
Zombo
Zombo said:
^^Last post in a winning Browns official gameday thread ... Sorry, the Johnny thing got me reminiscing for the good old days when we were 3-10 and owned the 49ers.
Zombo
Then it's time to bring up an old joke that some may not have heard yet- and it's really true this year.
Scene from Domestic Court, a kid is there, parents are getting divorced.
Judge asks the kid- Do you want to stay with your Dad? Nah- he beats me.
Would you like to stay with your Mom then? Nah, she beats me too.
Well then who would you want to stay with? I want to stay with the Cleveland Browns, because they don't beat anybody.
:lol: 
-

-
Holy cow. The last browns qb to win a game was Johnny Football.
What were the browns thinking when they let him go??? lol
-
Zombo said:
^^Last post in a winning Browns official gameday thread ... Sorry, the Johnny thing got me reminiscing for the good old days when we were 3-10 and owned the 49ers.
... and weekly OL grading was still fun...
-
Hadn't you already stopped for the season by this point anyway?
No he just ran out of sunshine at the pump.

-
Hadn't you already stopped for the season by this point anyway?
A search shows you are correct... only made it thru Week 7 of 2015 season...
However, there could be other reasons I stopped...

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login