Orchard covering Boldin
-
OK, I've checked it out and the receiver outside is Torrey Smith, so yeah, the LBer has to cover inside, leave the CB outside. Blake Bell is lined up as the inline TE on that side. On the other side, I can't see who's outside, but you have Brian Leonhart, TE in the slot there.
I guess we should acknowledge a good play call from their OC?
-
OK, I've checked it out and the receiver outside is Torrey Smith, so yeah, the LBer has to cover inside, leave the CB outside. Blake Bell is lined up as the inline TE on that side. On the other side, I can't see who's outside, but you have Brian Leonhart, TE in the slot there.
I guess we should acknowledge a good play call from their OC?
OK, I've checked it out and the receiver outside is Torrey Smith, so yeah, the LBer has to cover inside, leave the CB outside. Blake Bell is lined up as the inline TE on that side. On the other side, I can't see who's outside, but you have Brian Leonhart, TE in the slot there.
I guess we should acknowledge a good play call from their OC?
Thats my take.....
They brought these guys out and ran....ran again....ran again....(7 times).....
Then....blammo.....5 receivers at the line....
And....honestly.....they got 7 yards cause Orchard spun the guy around......and yet we are still discussing it......why?....
Brady Quinn.....
-
They did come in with 12 personnel and had run on 7 of 10 first downs....many with the same personnel group...
I cant get my screen shot to load(says that extension doesnt work here)....but here it is in small form....hopefully you can see it....
\
Since you have the play up, would you mind pointing out who is whom and where they started? Because if they're in 12 personal, I wouldn't expect a WR in the slot, and a RB/TE outside. Is the outside receiver on their left/our right a WR?
Since you have the play up, would you mind pointing out who is whom and where they started? Because if they're in 12 personal, I wouldn't expect a WR in the slot, and a RB/TE outside. Is the outside receiver on their left/our right a WR?
RB flexed wide lets a DB on him therefore giving you a mismatch for your offense against LB's and safeties.
I guess we should acknowledge a good play call from their OC?
It's similar to a set my team ran this summer. We had a 'nebraska' full house call, however switching out the FB for another TE, had an audible to a 5 man empty set and got great looks against backers.
Tip of the hat to San Fran. While Brady is right, you ask how you got the matchup, I just don't think he really put things into context. It's about as close to a 2 high man under look you'll get from O'Neil.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login