Skip to content

Hartline out for the year

The Browns Board
43 21 1.3k
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #5

    A tweet from the Akron native (I can't post pink font from my iPad). . .

    @brianhartline

    It is truly amazing the amount of support I've received the last 2 hours from Browns fans, Buckeye fans AND Dolphins fans. Thank you all!

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Hate to lose Hartline, but maybe we should look at the Texans Practice Squad Josh Lenz anyone? Just a thought.

    Mike

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    What happened to Hartline? And did Terrell Pryor play today?

    I like Harline. When he was with the Dolphins he always played hard. Is he signed for next year?

  • What happened to Hartline? And did Terrell Pryor play today?

    I like Harline. When he was with the Dolphins he always played hard. Is he signed for next year?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @opal312 said:

    What happened to Hartline? And did Terrell Pryor play today?

    I like Harline. When he was with the Dolphins he always played hard. Is he signed for next year?

    Hartline ran a slant near the goaline, the ball was thrown a little low but he caught it with a DB on top of him (broken collarbone).

    Pryor was on the field today.

    Brian signed a two year deal.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Bowe is going to be a healthy scratch yet again, and Pettine will make Coons or Gilbert play wideout

  • Bowe is going to be a healthy scratch yet again, and Pettine will make Coons or Gilbert play wideout

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @stillmotion said:

    Bowe is going to be a healthy scratch yet again, and Pettine will make Coons or Gilbert play wideout

    I'm tired of this Bowe "healthy scratch" BS. If Pryor can get on the field, and Bowe can't- draw your own conclusion. Dwane is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    If Farmer can't swallow his ego and send this bum packing, he should be the next out the door.

  • @stillmotion said:

    Bowe is going to be a healthy scratch yet again, and Pettine will make Coons or Gilbert play wideout

    I'm tired of this Bowe "healthy scratch" BS. If Pryor can get on the field, and Bowe can't- draw your own conclusion. Dwane is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    If Farmer can't swallow his ego and send this bum packing, he should be the next out the door.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by stillmotion
    #12

    @hoorta said:

    I'm tired of this Bowe "healthy scratch" BS. If Pryor can get on the field, and Bowe can't- draw your own conclusion. Dwane is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    If Farmer can't swallow his ego and send this bum packing, he should be the next out the door.

    But maybe Pet just wont play him.....

    I mean how do we know whos fault Bowe and Gilbert being inactive most of the season is?

    Is it Pettine trying to be Big Papa Pettine? them being lazy? I don't see how them both sucking is Farmers fault when Pet won't play them. Pettine wanted a corner and another WR. We haven't seen how bad or good Bowe is because he's always a healthy scratch.

    Why is he always a healthy scratch? No explaination.....

    Pet and Farmer have to find a way to work together. If they can't one or both of them has to be let go.....

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm tired of this Bowe "healthy scratch" BS. If Pryor can get on the field, and Bowe can't- draw your own conclusion. Dwane is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    If Farmer can't swallow his ego and send this bum packing, he should be the next out the door.

    But maybe Pet just wont play him.....

    I mean how do we know whos fault Bowe and Gilbert being inactive most of the season is?

    Is it Pettine trying to be Big Papa Pettine? them being lazy? I don't see how them both sucking is Farmers fault when Pet won't play them. Pettine wanted a corner and another WR. We haven't seen how bad or good Bowe is because he's always a healthy scratch.

    Why is he always a healthy scratch? No explaination.....

    Pet and Farmer have to find a way to work together. If they can't one or both of them has to be let go.....

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #13

    @stillmotion said:

    But maybe Pet just wont play him.....

    I mean how do we know whos fault Bowe and Gilbert being inactive most of the season is?

    Is it Pettine trying to be Big Papa Pettine? them being lazy? I don't see how them both sucking is Farmers fault when Pet won't play them. Pettine wanted a corner and another WR. We haven't seen how bad or good Bowe is because he's always a healthy scratch.

    Why is he always a healthy scratch? No explaination.....

    Pet and Farmer have to find a way to work together. If they can't one or both of them has to be let go.....

    Gilbert was out with a concussion FWIW. Even when he was in, his coverage wasn't what you'd like to see out of a first round pick.

    Pettine has always said best players play. My point with Bowe is a freaking practice squad player (like Jennings) and a new addition (Pryor) can jump him on the dept chart. That's not Mike having a axe to grind against Bowe. It's IMHO a tacit admission by the coaching staff the guy sucks, and if you don't think at this point in the season Pettine hasn't told Farmer a few dozen times why he's not playing him- well, I'd say you'd be nuts thinking so. If you remember in the MNF game when Blowe got in, Gruden commented he couldn't get any separation.

    I'm beginning to think Farmer is the one who should get sent packing. Kuharich has plenty of FO experience.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Hartline was a good sign. He has a stellar reputation and is a real pro. I hope he heals fast and comes back next year. He's always been a one of my favorites out of OSU.

    To me, Hartline represents the best in football. His attitude, professionalism and leadership on and off the field. He will come back.

    And I would taken ten Hartlines for one Duane Bowe. Bowe is the opposite of a guy like Hartline.

  • Hartline was a good sign. He has a stellar reputation and is a real pro. I hope he heals fast and comes back next year. He's always been a one of my favorites out of OSU.

    To me, Hartline represents the best in football. His attitude, professionalism and leadership on and off the field. He will come back.

    And I would taken ten Hartlines for one Duane Bowe. Bowe is the opposite of a guy like Hartline.

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @opal312 said:

    And I would taken ten Hartlines for one Duane Bowe. .

    lol

    What formula did you use to come up with this ? The numbers don't quite come out right.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Shame. Hartline's quietly been having a decent season as a WR3. We needed him to be a WR2, but still, he was on pace for about 650 yards and a couple of TDs.

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm tired of this Bowe "healthy scratch" BS. If Pryor can get on the field, and Bowe can't- draw your own conclusion. Dwane is as washed up as a dead whale on a beach.

    If Farmer can't swallow his ego and send this bum packing, he should be the next out the door.

    But maybe Pet just wont play him.....

    I mean how do we know whos fault Bowe and Gilbert being inactive most of the season is?

    Is it Pettine trying to be Big Papa Pettine? them being lazy? I don't see how them both sucking is Farmers fault when Pet won't play them. Pettine wanted a corner and another WR. We haven't seen how bad or good Bowe is because he's always a healthy scratch.

    Why is he always a healthy scratch? No explaination.....

    Pet and Farmer have to find a way to work together. If they can't one or both of them has to be let go.....

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @stillmotion said:

    But maybe Pet just wont play him.....

    I mean how do we know whos fault Bowe and Gilbert being inactive most of the season is?

    Is it Pettine trying to be Big Papa Pettine? them being lazy? I don't see how them both sucking is Farmers fault when Pet won't play them. Pettine wanted a corner and another WR. We haven't seen how bad or good Bowe is because he's always a healthy scratch.

    Why is he always a healthy scratch? No explaination.....

    Pet and Farmer have to find a way to work together. If they can't one or both of them has to be let go.....

    dude you are as blind as an old church mouse.

    all you pet haters say "well maybe pet just won't play him".....because of what? he left the toilet seat up?

    just stfu already. maybe he doesn't play because he sucks ass and air out of every room he walks into.

  • The gods want Dwayne Bowe.

    Hopefully Hawk and Gabe are back next week.

    Hartline has been terrific last few weeks.

    Z

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Zombo said:

    The gods want Dwayne Bowe.

    Hopefully Hawk and Gabe are back next week.

    Hartline has been terrific last few weeks.

    Z

    The Mr Hero curse.

    WSS

  • Hate to lose Hartline, but maybe we should look at the Texans Practice Squad Josh Lenz anyone? Just a thought.

    Mike

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #19

    @canton-mike said:

    Hate to lose Hartline, but maybe we should look at the Texans Practice Squad Josh Lenz anyone? Just a thought.

    Mike

    I like the idea. Not that it has to be Lenz. This is a perfect chance for us to pluck someone off another practice squad for a 3 game tryout. Got to look towards next year. I'd start looking at players on contending teams.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Hate to lose Hartline, but maybe we should look at the Texans Practice Squad Josh Lenz anyone? Just a thought.

    Mike

    I like the idea. Not that it has to be Lenz. This is a perfect chance for us to pluck someone off another practice squad for a 3 game tryout. Got to look towards next year. I'd start looking at players on contending teams.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @ballpeen said:

    I like the idea. Not that it has to be Lenz. This is a perfect chance for us to pluck someone off another practice squad for a 3 game tryout. Got to look towards next year. I'd start looking at players on contending teams.

    Or that ex-QB we picked up and are trying to see if he has what it takes. That guy's big and real fast. Just a thought.

  • Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tour2ma said:

    Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

    Agree, he seemed to be on the same page with JM. Of the little dudes on this team (hawk, Gabriel, Hartline and Moore) I'd put him towards to the top in the "keep" column.

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body so it often doesn't look bad because it takes very little impact to break.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Many of us knew right away what the injury was when we saw Hartline clutching his shoulder area. He had a really good game and made some solid catches. What really sucks is that he and Johnny seem to play well together, and now that he's out, who the hell is Johnny going to throw the ball to? LOL

  • @tour2ma said:

    Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

    Agree, he seemed to be on the same page with JM. Of the little dudes on this team (hawk, Gabriel, Hartline and Moore) I'd put him towards to the top in the "keep" column.

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body so it often doesn't look bad because it takes very little impact to break.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @jrb12711 said:

    Agree, he seemed to be on the same page with JM. Of the little dudes on this team (hawk, Gabriel, Hartline and Moore) I'd put him towards to the top in the "keep" column.

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body so it often doesn't look bad because it takes very little impact to break.

    I'm not sure how 'little' a guy can be when he's 6'2" but sure.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Whitner saw the field in the victory formation.. I have to think that would have been Hartline.