Skip to content

Hartline out for the year

The Browns Board
43 21 1.3k
  • @canton-mike said:

    Hate to lose Hartline, but maybe we should look at the Texans Practice Squad Josh Lenz anyone? Just a thought.

    Mike

    I like the idea. Not that it has to be Lenz. This is a perfect chance for us to pluck someone off another practice squad for a 3 game tryout. Got to look towards next year. I'd start looking at players on contending teams.

    @ballpeen said:

    I like the idea. Not that it has to be Lenz. This is a perfect chance for us to pluck someone off another practice squad for a 3 game tryout. Got to look towards next year. I'd start looking at players on contending teams.

    Or that ex-QB we picked up and are trying to see if he has what it takes. That guy's big and real fast. Just a thought.

  • Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

    @tour2ma said:

    Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

    Agree, he seemed to be on the same page with JM. Of the little dudes on this team (hawk, Gabriel, Hartline and Moore) I'd put him towards to the top in the "keep" column.

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body so it often doesn't look bad because it takes very little impact to break.

  • Many of us knew right away what the injury was when we saw Hartline clutching his shoulder area. He had a really good game and made some solid catches. What really sucks is that he and Johnny seem to play well together, and now that he's out, who the hell is Johnny going to throw the ball to? LOL

  • @tour2ma said:

    Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

    Agree, he seemed to be on the same page with JM. Of the little dudes on this team (hawk, Gabriel, Hartline and Moore) I'd put him towards to the top in the "keep" column.

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body so it often doesn't look bad because it takes very little impact to break.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Agree, he seemed to be on the same page with JM. Of the little dudes on this team (hawk, Gabriel, Hartline and Moore) I'd put him towards to the top in the "keep" column.

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body so it often doesn't look bad because it takes very little impact to break.

    I'm not sure how 'little' a guy can be when he's 6'2" but sure.

  • Whitner saw the field in the victory formation.. I have to think that would have been Hartline.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Too bad... Hart seemed to clearly have the best chemistry with JM.

    Aside: The impact on the play he was hurt did not look that bad. There's been a real rash of shoulder/collarbone injuries lately... many just as innocent looking.

    Agree, he seemed to be on the same page with JM. Of the little dudes on this team (hawk, Gabriel, Hartline and Moore) I'd put him towards to the top in the "keep" column.

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body so it often doesn't look bad because it takes very little impact to break.

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body...

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

  • Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body...

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    Not sure when the other play was, but Whitner is actually credited with playing 2 offensive snaps at HB.....maybe right before the half?

  • Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body...

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    Not sure when the other play was, but Whitner is actually credited with playing 2 offensive snaps at HB.....maybe right before the half?

    @mudfly said:

    Not sure when the other play was, but Whitner is actually credited with playing 2 offensive snaps at HB.....maybe right before the half?

    Did we kneel twice?

  • I think we did going into the half.....have a faint memory of snap, kneel and then walking off with 20 seconds or so left

  • @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

    @gftchris said:

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

  • @gftchris said:

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

  • The gods want Dwayne Bowe.

    Hopefully Hawk and Gabe are back next week.

    Hartline has been terrific last few weeks.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    The gods want Dwayne Bowe.

    Hopefully Hawk and Gabe are back next week.

    Hartline has been terrific last few weeks.

    Z

    Are those two back? How do we know?

  • A tweet from the Akron native (I can't post pink font from my iPad). . .

    @brianhartline

    It is truly amazing the amount of support I've received the last 2 hours from Browns fans, Buckeye fans AND Dolphins fans. Thank you all!

    @canton-dawg said:

    A tweet from the Akron native (I can't post pink font from my iPad). . .

    @brianhartline

    It is truly amazing the amount of support I've received the last 2 hours from Browns fans, Buckeye fans AND Dolphins fans. Thank you all!

    Didn't he play HS at North Canton actually?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

    @gftchris said:

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

    Ones helter skelter is not a euphemism for ones tallywacker is it?

    WSS

  • @canton-dawg said:

    A tweet from the Akron native (I can't post pink font from my iPad). . .

    @brianhartline

    It is truly amazing the amount of support I've received the last 2 hours from Browns fans, Buckeye fans AND Dolphins fans. Thank you all!

    Didn't he play HS at North Canton actually?

    @the-gipper said:

    Didn't he play HS at North Canton actually?

    He's a Glenoak kid.

  • Add Haden, just put on IR.

  • @gftchris said:

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

    Ones helter skelter is not a euphemism for ones tallywacker is it?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Ones helter skelter is not a euphemism for ones tallywacker is it?

    WSS

    It is not.

  • Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body...

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    To be fair and to clarify, the collarbone takes the least amount of pressure to break and therefore is the "easiest". For sure people break toes and fingers at a higher volume but it's because they are a lot more exposed of course.

  • any chance all these collar bones are a result of players trying to avoid helmet to helmet?....it is the next closest thing....

    Just a crazy guess.....but it makes you wonder.....