Skip to content

Hartline out for the year

The Browns Board
43 21 1.3k
  • Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body...

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    Not sure when the other play was, but Whitner is actually credited with playing 2 offensive snaps at HB.....maybe right before the half?

  • Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body...

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    Not sure when the other play was, but Whitner is actually credited with playing 2 offensive snaps at HB.....maybe right before the half?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mudfly said:

    Not sure when the other play was, but Whitner is actually credited with playing 2 offensive snaps at HB.....maybe right before the half?

    Did we kneel twice?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I think we did going into the half.....have a faint memory of snap, kneel and then walking off with 20 seconds or so left

  • @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @gftchris said:

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

  • @gftchris said:

    I have had one broken collarbone, and more broken fingers and toes than I have, well, fingers and toes.

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @westside-steve said:

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

  • The gods want Dwayne Bowe.

    Hopefully Hawk and Gabe are back next week.

    Hartline has been terrific last few weeks.

    Z

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Zombo said:

    The gods want Dwayne Bowe.

    Hopefully Hawk and Gabe are back next week.

    Hartline has been terrific last few weeks.

    Z

    Are those two back? How do we know?

  • A tweet from the Akron native (I can't post pink font from my iPad). . .

    @brianhartline

    It is truly amazing the amount of support I've received the last 2 hours from Browns fans, Buckeye fans AND Dolphins fans. Thank you all!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @canton-dawg said:

    A tweet from the Akron native (I can't post pink font from my iPad). . .

    @brianhartline

    It is truly amazing the amount of support I've received the last 2 hours from Browns fans, Buckeye fans AND Dolphins fans. Thank you all!

    Didn't he play HS at North Canton actually?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Women in London are fighting back these days?

    😉

    WSS

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @gftchris said:

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

    Ones helter skelter is not a euphemism for ones tallywacker is it?

    WSS

  • @canton-dawg said:

    A tweet from the Akron native (I can't post pink font from my iPad). . .

    @brianhartline

    It is truly amazing the amount of support I've received the last 2 hours from Browns fans, Buckeye fans AND Dolphins fans. Thank you all!

    Didn't he play HS at North Canton actually?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    Didn't he play HS at North Canton actually?

    He's a Glenoak kid.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Add Haden, just put on IR.

  • @gftchris said:

    I fell off the table playing with my helter skelter aged about 4. My dad was in the other room, 'watching' me. Mum was not impressed when she came home.

    Fingers and toes are usually from soccer, that most rough and tumble of games.

    Ones helter skelter is not a euphemism for ones tallywacker is it?

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @westside-steve said:

    Ones helter skelter is not a euphemism for ones tallywacker is it?

    WSS

    It is not.

  • Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    @jrb12711 said:

    You may know this but the collarbone is the easiest bone to break in your body...

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not notice that, but since the back an is intended to be a last safeguard against a fumble return a Safety makes more sense than a WR.

    I did not, but have a few toes that are registering disagreement... 😉

    To be fair and to clarify, the collarbone takes the least amount of pressure to break and therefore is the "easiest". For sure people break toes and fingers at a higher volume but it's because they are a lot more exposed of course.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #39

    any chance all these collar bones are a result of players trying to avoid helmet to helmet?....it is the next closest thing....

    Just a crazy guess.....but it makes you wonder.....

  • any chance all these collar bones are a result of players trying to avoid helmet to helmet?....it is the next closest thing....

    Just a crazy guess.....but it makes you wonder.....

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @mudfly said:

    any chance all these collar bones are a result of players trying to avoid helmet to helmet?....it is the next closest thing....

    Just a crazy guess.....but it makes you wonder.....

    I wouldn't have thought so, the padding in that area means direct impact is massively reduced. My guess is just an anomaly, back to normal next year. But we'll find out for sure then.

    Increase in lower body, TJ Ward on Gronk injuries will be because of rule changes though.

  • @mudfly said:

    any chance all these collar bones are a result of players trying to avoid helmet to helmet?....it is the next closest thing....

    Just a crazy guess.....but it makes you wonder.....

    I wouldn't have thought so, the padding in that area means direct impact is massively reduced. My guess is just an anomaly, back to normal next year. But we'll find out for sure then.

    Increase in lower body, TJ Ward on Gronk injuries will be because of rule changes though.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @gftchris said:

    I wouldn't have thought so, the padding in that area means direct impact is massively reduced. My guess is just an anomaly, back to normal next year. But we'll find out for sure then.

    Increase in lower body, TJ Ward on Gronk injuries will be because of rule changes though.

    Ahhh.....the lower body comment struck me as interesting(and true).....with all these guys dropping their heads before the tackle, was wondering if we'd see more neck injuries too(by the tackler)....

    Maybe just an anomaly with the collar bones.....seems like a rash of them tho....and Romo did it twice? yes?

  • @gftchris said:

    I wouldn't have thought so, the padding in that area means direct impact is massively reduced. My guess is just an anomaly, back to normal next year. But we'll find out for sure then.

    Increase in lower body, TJ Ward on Gronk injuries will be because of rule changes though.

    Ahhh.....the lower body comment struck me as interesting(and true).....with all these guys dropping their heads before the tackle, was wondering if we'd see more neck injuries too(by the tackler)....

    Maybe just an anomaly with the collar bones.....seems like a rash of them tho....and Romo did it twice? yes?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @mudfly said:

    Ahhh.....the lower body comment struck me as interesting(and true).....with all these guys dropping their heads before the tackle, was wondering if we'd see more neck injuries too(by the tackler)....

    Maybe just an anomaly with the collar bones.....seems like a rash of them tho....and Romo did it twice? yes?

    Check the video on Romo's injury:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000535155/article/tony-romo-fractures-left-clavicle-in-cowboys-win

    It wasn't a hit to the body, collarbone injuries almost exclusively aren't, it's from people landing on other people, much like Hartline's. Maybe, maybe that's a secondary result of the rule change, but I can't see it.

  • any chance all these collar bones are a result of players trying to avoid helmet to helmet?....it is the next closest thing....

    Just a crazy guess.....but it makes you wonder.....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Instinct is to turn to the side as going down... same as "ducking head" with a head on collision coming. Both exactly the wrong thing to do.

    I don't remember Hart's being a pancake like Romo's was (were)... more of a whip to the turf.

    @mudfly said:

    any chance all these collar bones are a result of players trying to avoid helmet to helmet?....it is the next closest thing....

    Just a crazy guess.....but it makes you wonder.....

    Possible...

    Injury I have been wondering about are the knees... especially what seems to be a rise in non-contact knees again.

    Shoes companies have developed all these one-piece soles with integrated football cleats. Seem to be a "grippier" material (neoprene?) similar to that in the gloves that are creating one-hand wonders everywhere.

    Could be the new shoes are back to gripping too well on the most recent turf "revolution", field turf... which is still being scrutinized for toxic exposure to athletes... but that's another topic.