Skip to content

The Browns Awaken: STAR WARS

The Browns Board
42 20 1.5k
  • Definitely going to see it in IMAX, but it will be a few weeks as I hate most people sitting anywhere near me in a movie theater. 😉

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @d-bone said:

    Definitely going to see it in IMAX, but it will be a few weeks as I hate most people sitting anywhere near me in a movie theater. 😉

    IMAX is sold out opening night, but I'll catch it on the small screen, & IMAX later on. I'm one of the weirdos that 3D doesn't do much for me.

    I won't get into a technical discussion, but there's some folks that can't process the two images into one 3D image. And it's not a REAL 3D image anyway. When they get virtual holographic projection, that's another story.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    If I played RHPS for my wife the only thing she'd do is lay me out! 😛

    hoorta-you should have seen Gravity in 3D IMAX-best movie I ever saw that way.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Gravity was indeed an amazing visual experience in the theater.

    Tarantinos Hateful Eight is also getting good reviews, as well as The Big Short. Christmas is wonderful this year for movies.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Been waiting for years. I simply cannot WAIT to see it.

  • I'm 33 and never seen a minute of Star Wars film, makes me a weirdo, I am told.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @londonbrown said:

    I'm 33 and never seen a minute of Star Wars film, makes me a weirdo, I am told.

    That, among other things. 😁

  • ForeverClevelandF ForeverCleveland wrote on last edited by ForeverCleveland
    #19

    Pettine: Haslam never told you what happened to your father.

    Johnny: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

    Pettine: No Johnny, I am your father...

    Johnny: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    lol... now that's funny...

  • A Aggie Brown fan wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Johnny Jedi premiering this week.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I'm ready for the biggest movie release in cinematic history on December 17th. A sequel in an amazing franchise, and a movie likely to shatter every single box office record...

    Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

  • If I played RHPS for my wife the only thing she'd do is lay me out! 😛

    hoorta-you should have seen Gravity in 3D IMAX-best movie I ever saw that way.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @texasag1969 said:

    If I played RHPS for my wife the only thing she'd do is lay me out! 😛

    hoorta-you should have seen Gravity in 3D IMAX-best movie I ever saw that way.

    With my mountaineering bent- I did see "Everest" in 3D IMAX, I have to admit it was better than the standard. But I much preferred the 2D version of Avatar on my home theater system way better than the 3D version on the big screen. (3D impaired individuals tend to just see multiple layers of 2D images, & it's real distracting.)

    BTW, us folks that are amateur astronomers and wannabe space adventurers know the whole premise of "Gravity" is a bunch of impossible orbital mechanics. A meteor shower is possible, high velocity space junk? Nope. I gave that move a B minus.

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Heading to the movies tonight with a bunch of my friends that have wifes that won't go see it either. Haha.

    2d for me. I pass on most 3d movies.

    I will say though, the best use of the 3d effect I did see was the new Judge Dredd movie.

    There was a drug in the Movie called "Slo-Mo" and the only time the 3d effect came into play was when someone took the drug, the screen turned 3d and everything slowed down. It was pretty awesome. I think I might have been one of about 100 people that actually saw that movie in the theater... haha. My cousin and I were the only two people there the day I went.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Just saw it, actually kind of a let down. It has its moments but is nowhere near worth the praise or hype. Definitely is worth seeing once though if your a fan like me.

    Just not a fan of the direction they took is all.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I'm more interested in where "Prometheus" is headed. F Star wars and the stupid little care bears that ruined the whole thing.

  • I'm more interested in where "Prometheus" is headed. F Star wars and the stupid little care bears that ruined the whole thing.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm more interested in where "Prometheus" is headed. F Star wars and the stupid little care bears that ruined the whole thing.

    Prometheus? The Charlize Theron sci-fi....successor to Alien movie?

    Is it going anywhere? Are they even talking about a sequel to it?

    Disappointing...imo....but I guess we can take that argument to the WSS Movie board.

  • I'm more interested in where "Prometheus" is headed. F Star wars and the stupid little care bears that ruined the whole thing.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm more interested in where "Prometheus" is headed. F Star wars and the stupid little care bears that ruined the whole thing.

    You mean the care bears that singlehandedly beat the Empire?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm more interested in where "Prometheus" is headed. F Star wars and the stupid little care bears that ruined the whole thing.

    You mean the care bears that singlehandedly beat the Empire?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #29

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You mean the care bears that singlehandedly beat the Empire?

    Yep, makes as much sense as Farmer leading us to the promised land. Rest my case. 😛

    Gip-yep the next one starts shooting in Jan and due out Oct 2016.

  • Just saw it, actually kind of a let down. It has its moments but is nowhere near worth the praise or hype. Definitely is worth seeing once though if your a fan like me.

    Just not a fan of the direction they took is all.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Just saw it, actually kind of a let down. It has its moments but is nowhere near worth the praise or hype.

    HA!....Thats how I felt about the original Star Wars, which I was late to see.....but went cause of the hype and well....eh

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You mean the care bears that singlehandedly beat the Empire?

    Yep, makes as much sense as Farmer leading us to the promised land. Rest my case. 😛

    Gip-yep the next one starts shooting in Jan and due out Oct 2016.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, makes as much sense as Farmer leading us to the promised land. Rest my case. 😛

    Gip-yep the next one starts shooting in Jan and due out Oct 2016.

    Well, considering it happened in the movie, you just gave Farmer your endorsement.

    Also, I'm worried Covenant won't address much of what happened in Prometheus.

  • I'm 33 and never seen a minute of Star Wars film, makes me a weirdo, I am told.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #32

    @londonbrown said:

    I'm 33 and never seen a minute of Star Wars film, makes me a weirdo, I am told.

    I actually like science fiction movies but have never seen a Stat Wars movie and I'm 53. Perhaps I'll check this one out. Speaking of Scyfy did anyone watch Childhoods End mini series on Scfy this week? I loved it.
  • @londonbrown said:

    I'm 33 and never seen a minute of Star Wars film, makes me a weirdo, I am told.

    I actually like science fiction movies but have never seen a Stat Wars movie and I'm 53. Perhaps I'll check this one out. Speaking of Scyfy did anyone watch Childhoods End mini series on Scfy this week? I loved it.
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @jcam222 said:

    I actually like science fiction movies but have never seen a Stat Wars movie and I'm 53. Perhaps I'll check this one out. Speaking of Scyfy did anyone watch Childhoods End mini series on Scfy this week? I loved it.

    I recorded it and am now in episode 2 so don't ruin it for me.