Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. GOP Debate Yesterday

GOP Debate Yesterday

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
37 Posts 12 Posters 805 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I didn't watch all of it, but this is what I got out of it from each candidate

    Kasich: I'm still here! (and what was up with the penguin flipper, I think he wants to be a rapper)

    Christie: I support shooting down Russian planes because I was a federal prosecutor on 9/11. I know 9/11. 9/11 is bad. I was in NJ on 9/11. Nobody else knows 9/11. 9/11 secure. Obama wasn't there on 9/11. I was there on 9/11.

    Rubio: Cruz doesn't even show up to work! (Oh shit, I forgot I show up less than he does)

    Cruz: My immigration plan is different from Rubio's because it is. Trust me. Maybe. Trump is great and I want to blow him after the debate to help secure my VP spot.

    Paul: Toppling dictators in the middle east is not doing us or the region any good, and it doesn't make the Arabs like us more! Let's stop doing that. roaring boos

    Fiorina: Obama wants to stop toppling dictators too, that means Senator Paul is an Obama-lover roaring applause Oh and btw, I want a new cold war with Russia. roaring applause

    Carson: I had some scrambled eggs for breakfast the other day *pops a few xanax*

    ยกJeb!: "I know what I don't know". Guys please, Trump is bad please listen to me. I'm not my brother I just have all the same ideas as him please! Trump is not a serious candidate and his poll numbers will drop next week, I hope ๐Ÿ™

    Trump: Just get our best experts on the interwebz and infiltrate isis groups. Then we know what they're doing and where they are. It's that simple folks!

    The debates are pretty hard to watch at this point. I'd really like to see Bush/Carson/Fiorina/Christie drop out. And of course all of Santorum/Graham/Pataki/Huckabee. Time to go for all of them.

    That'd bring the debate down to 5 candidates and would probably make them much more in depth and worth watching.

    The best of the debate IMO were probably Paul, Trump, and Cruz. Paul is the most knowledgeable and sensible one on the stage when it comes to foreign policy. I thought Trump handled the inevitable anti-Muslim questions pretty well - I also liked that he sort of clarified the "shut down the internet" comment - though he still has no idea what he's talking about, and I always find the exchanges with Bush humorous. Cruz did ok because he's a good debater, but he probably lost some of the far right on immigration.

    1 Reply Last reply
    ๐Ÿ‘
    Quote Reply
    • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
      • 33k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
      #2

      A few more

      Fiorina: I'm a woman! *female applause*

      Trump: We take OUR internet and shut it down in countries we don't like. Just turn off parts of it. Easy...

      Bush: *I loved the "Guys, what the fuck are we doing?" moment of clarity when Trump was talking about killing ISIS families. I felt bad for him. Like he realized how fucked it was at that moment*

      I also loved the "high tech" buzzwords, most they probably know nothing about.

      Metadata.

      Internet.

      Encryption.

      Proxy.

      And my favorite...

      Fiorina saying the govt has the wrong algorithms. She knows silicon valley people guys

      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
        • 11k Posts
        • 3k Reputation
        OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
        #3

        The whole lot of the GOP field, every one of them including those who have already dropped out are better than serial liar and incompetent Hillary Clinton. We already have had 7 years of incompetence and being constantly lied to by Obama...why would anyone want another liar and incompetent to replace him?

        1 Reply Last reply
        ๐Ÿ‘
        Quote Reply
        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 39k Posts
          • 9k Reputation
          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
          #4

          And on the other side Hillary is talking about using the internet to catch Isis members and the bravery of Barack Obama to bomb the shit out of Isis and assassinate their leaders.

          As it stands so far I vote Christie and Fiorina.

          WSS

          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
          bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
            • 28k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Carson I almost feel sorry for. He is way out of his league when discussing anything political. Trump was perfect for the first hour and weakened in the second hour. Rubio I thought was the best debator. Cruz came across as to antagonistic with the moderators. I thought Christie sounded good with his answers. He is a Governor and a former federal prosecutor after all. Kasich frankly I'm surprised he is doing so poorly.

            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.โ€ - Janis Joplin, 1970.
            tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • W Westside Steve

              And on the other side Hillary is talking about using the internet to catch Isis members and the bravery of Barack Obama to bomb the shit out of Isis and assassinate their leaders.

              As it stands so far I vote Christie and Fiorina.

              WSS

              bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 9k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @westside-steve said:

              As it stands so far I vote Christie and Fiorina.

              ( เฒ _เฒ ')

              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • bbedwardB bbedward

                @westside-steve said:

                As it stands so far I vote Christie and Fiorina.

                ( เฒ _เฒ ')

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                #7

                @bbedward said:

                ( เฒ _เฒ ')

                You disagree? Or you don't like the idea of two Italian surnames?

                (not to worry she was born Sneed.)

                ๐Ÿ˜‰

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • W Westside Steve

                  @bbedward said:

                  ( เฒ _เฒ ')

                  You disagree? Or you don't like the idea of two Italian surnames?

                  (not to worry she was born Sneed.)

                  ๐Ÿ˜‰

                  WSS

                  bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @westside-steve said:

                  You disagree? Or you don't like the idea of two Italian surnames?

                  (not to worry she was born Sneed.)

                  ๐Ÿ˜‰

                  WSS

                  I just think Christie and Fiorina are most likely to start WW3. The talk of their handling of Russia is pretty scary stuff.

                  LogicIsForSquaresL 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                    • 24k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    did Christie really talk about shooting down Russian planes?

                    bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • bbedwardB bbedward

                      @westside-steve said:

                      You disagree? Or you don't like the idea of two Italian surnames?

                      (not to worry she was born Sneed.)

                      ๐Ÿ˜‰

                      WSS

                      I just think Christie and Fiorina are most likely to start WW3. The talk of their handling of Russia is pretty scary stuff.

                      LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 10k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @bbedward said:

                      I just think Christie and Fiorina are most likely to start WW3. The talk of their handling of Russia is pretty scary stuff.

                      A half eaten cheese burger has as much chance of winning as they do. I wouldn't be worried about it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • C Clevfan4life

                        did Christie really talk about shooting down Russian planes?

                        bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 9k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @clevfan4life said:

                        did Christie really talk about shooting down Russian planes?

                        You put a no fly zone in Syria where Russian planes are already flying, then shoot them down when they violate it so yes.

                        Fiorina is all in on a new cold war, intimidate putin by building up the sixth fleet and building missile systems in Poland and such.

                        Two very dangerous people, the scariest part is the crowd there cheered for that kind of talk but booed Paul for saying Christie is your guy if you want ww3 and we shouldn't keep toppling dictatorships.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          The democrat party bosses chose Hillary Clinton and have done everything to ensure she will win the democratic nomination (such as limiting the amount of debates). The democrat primaries are a farce with Clinton's biggest competition a socialist who had zero chance of any beating her. This has not been a primary process on the democrat side but a coronation.

                          For all the problems of the GOP having about 18 candidates starting in the republican primaries at least the GOP has been able to prevent the party bosses of picking the candidate. Sure they have tried and gone down like a lead balloon with establishment favorite Jeb Bush.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                            #13

                            Oh well, just saying who I'd vote for ahead of the others. I really like John Kasich but don't suppose he's going to be around long. I like Mike Huckabee but he decided he had to go the Pat Robertson route

                            Can't get very excited for Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. I think Ben Carson is a decent man but just seems lost out there.

                            Not a fan of Ted Cruz Rand Paul Rick Santorum or Lindsey Graham in descending order.

                            Still I vote for any of them, including Trump, over Hillary.

                            WSS

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 9k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              The DNC chair woman used to run a Hillary super PAC right? Sanders is foolish for not bringing more attention to how the DNC rigged the process for Hillary.

                              OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • W Westside Steve

                                Oh well, just saying who I'd vote for ahead of the others. I really like John Kasich but don't suppose he's going to be around long. I like Mike Huckabee but he decided he had to go the Pat Robertson route

                                Can't get very excited for Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. I think Ben Carson is a decent man but just seems lost out there.

                                Not a fan of Ted Cruz Rand Paul Rick Santorum or Lindsey Graham in descending order.

                                Still I vote for any of them, including Trump, over Hillary.

                                WSS

                                bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
                                #15

                                @westside-steve said:

                                Oh well, just saying who I'd vote for ahead of the others. I really like John Kasich but don't suppose he's going to be around long. I like Mike Huckabee but he decided he had to go the Pat Robertson route

                                Can't get very excited for Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. I think Ben Carson is a decent man but just seems lost out there.

                                Not a fan of Ted Cruz Rand Paul Rick Santorum or Lindsey Graham in descending order.

                                Still I vote for any of them, including Trump, over Hillary.

                                WSS

                                I think Rubio/Bush/Clinton are all pretty much in the same circlejerk. They'd all deny it vehemently, but I don't see much difference between them outside of social issues.

                                I'd like to see a Sanders/Paul election. Though neither one seems likely. I'd like to see Paul be SCOTUS or something though at least. Would make me feel a lot better about a Trump administration if Paul got a say in foreign policy

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • bbedwardB bbedward

                                  The DNC chair woman used to run a Hillary super PAC right? Sanders is foolish for not bringing more attention to how the DNC rigged the process for Hillary.

                                  OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                  • 11k Posts
                                  • 3k Reputation
                                  OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @bbedward said:

                                  The DNC chair woman used to run a Hillary super PAC right? Sanders is foolish for not bringing more attention to how the DNC rigged the process for Hillary.

                                  Sanders also gave Clinton a huge gift by saying in one of the debates he had heard enough about her emails. He acted like those emails were not important when in fact her negligence and incompetence has hurt our national security. I think it is pretty much common knowledge her private email account was hacked into by China and other countries not friendly to us and top secret information compromised.

                                  bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

                                    @bbedward said:

                                    The DNC chair woman used to run a Hillary super PAC right? Sanders is foolish for not bringing more attention to how the DNC rigged the process for Hillary.

                                    Sanders also gave Clinton a huge gift by saying in one of the debates he had heard enough about her emails. He acted like those emails were not important when in fact her negligence and incompetence has hurt our national security. I think it is pretty much common knowledge her private email account was hacked into by China and other countries not friendly to us and top secret information compromised.

                                    bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 9k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @oldbrownsfan said:

                                    Sanders also gave Clinton a huge gift by saying in one of the debates he had heard enough about her emails. He acted like those emails were not important when in fact her negligence and incompetence has hurt our national security. I think it is pretty much common knowledge her private email account was hacked into by China and other countries not friendly to us and top secret information compromised.

                                    He could have just said something like "It's under FBI investigation and it's up to them to determine if a crime was committed" or something. Then he wouldn't have sounded like a pussy and wouldn't have had confrontation.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                                      • 24k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      all those people that booed Rand are what's wrong with this country. If we're gonna last deep into the 21st or even 22nd century, those people need to die off and not be replaced.

                                      OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • C Clevfan4life

                                        all those people that booed Rand are what's wrong with this country. If we're gonna last deep into the 21st or even 22nd century, those people need to die off and not be replaced.

                                        OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                        • 11k Posts
                                        • 3k Reputation
                                        OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @clevfan4life said:

                                        all those people that booed Rand are what's wrong with this country. If we're gonna last deep into the 21st or even 22nd century, those people need to die off and not be replaced.

                                        I agree with Rand on that point. Toppling dictators has not helped anything but has made things more unstable and worse. I still believe Rand made a huge mistake in attacking Trump early on in the primaries and that has hurt Paul as much as anything. Trump has exposed a big rift in the base of the GOP who are sick of establishment republicans that don't deliver on promises when they go to Washington. The shame of this for Rand Paul is that he is not an establishment republican but by throwing his hat in the ring with establishment republicans like Jeb Bush he has suffered for it.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 5k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          I watched it. I'm not a fan of today's Rs at all, but I don't want Hillary.

                                          To me, Rubio made the most sense (at least last night). Bush & Fiorina need to take a hike. Christie did fine, so did our Governor Kasich (despite my reservations with him).

                                          There's no way the Rs are going to nominate Trump, but they'd be silly not to keep him around as some kind of economic adviser.

                                          I don't know how the Rs are going to come together and figure this out, but they better do it real real soon. This infighting, or just a simple lack of a true front-runner isn't a good look. Right now, I doubt I vote D or R, it's a total mess.

                                          Karlis Missed
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate