Skip to content

Mr. Hero Curse?

The Browns Board
43 17 2.2k
  • The heck is Mr. Hero?

  • Is Mr Hero like Subway? If so then I say the food makes me sick too. Once a year I too forget and eat there.

  • Is Mr Hero like Subway? If so then I say the food makes me sick too. Once a year I too forget and eat there.

    @opal312 said:

    Is Mr Hero like Subway? If so then I say the food makes me sick too. Once a year I too forget and eat there.

    You must be sickly. There's nothing wrong with the chow at either of those places.

    😉

    WSS

  • @opal312 said:

    Is Mr Hero like Subway? If so then I say the food makes me sick too. Once a year I too forget and eat there.

    You must be sickly. There's nothing wrong with the chow at either of those places.

    😉

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You must be sickly. There's nothing wrong with the chow at either of those places.

    😉

    WSS

    I ordered a meatball sub and they loaded it up with shredded lettuce. That sucked!
  • Guess Im the weird one, cause I HATE fast food.....but love me a Roman Burger every once in a while.....

  • Is Mr Hero like Subway? If so then I say the food makes me sick too. Once a year I too forget and eat there.

    @opal312 said:

    Is Mr Hero like Subway?

    No.

    It's a glorious place where you can get a hot sub sandwich with burger patties, salami, mayo, cheese with a little lettuce and tomato for decoration that leaves the bag dripping in grease. Then you can couple it with waffle fries and plasticky "cheese" sauce for dipping.

    It's really good, but I'd probably only really lean towards it when I'm hungover. I think it's only a NE Ohio thing, but they may have some down in Columbus not sure.

  • @opal312 said:

    Is Mr Hero like Subway?

    No.

    It's a glorious place where you can get a hot sub sandwich with burger patties, salami, mayo, cheese with a little lettuce and tomato for decoration that leaves the bag dripping in grease. Then you can couple it with waffle fries and plasticky "cheese" sauce for dipping.

    It's really good, but I'd probably only really lean towards it when I'm hungover. I think it's only a NE Ohio thing, but they may have some down in Columbus not sure.

    @bbedward said:

    No.

    It's a glorious place where you can get a hot sub sandwich with burger patties, salami, mayo, cheese with a little lettuce and tomato for decoration that leaves the bag dripping in grease. Then you can couple it with waffle fries and plasticky "cheese" sauce for dipping.

    It's really good, but I'd probably only really lean towards it when I'm hungover. I think it's only a NE Ohio thing, but they may have some down in Columbus not sure.

    Really cleans the pipes, if you know what I mean....😉

  • @westside-steve said:

    You must be sickly. There's nothing wrong with the chow at either of those places.

    😉

    WSS

    I ordered a meatball sub and they loaded it up with shredded lettuce. That sucked!

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I ordered a meatball sub and they loaded it up with shredded lettuce. That sucked!

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

  • Mr. Hero sandwiches.....of course they don't really look like this....probably have less than half the meat shown here:

    large_our_menu.jpg

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I ordered a meatball sub and they loaded it up with shredded lettuce. That sucked!

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

    Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared
  • @westside-steve said:

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

    Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

    You stood there and watched?

    Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

    And I've never paid for Subway up front. How shitty is your credit? 😉

    This is why mass shootings occur.

    😁

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Here's a tip Doug, tell them you don't want lettuce.

    If you are talking about Subway you stand there and tell him exactly what you want on the sandwich.

    WSS

    Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

    I find this hard to believe.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

    You stood there and watched?

    Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

    And I've never paid for Subway up front. How shitty is your credit? 😉

    This is why mass shootings occur.

    😁

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You stood there and watched?

    Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

    And I've never paid for Subway up front. How shitty is your credit? 😉

    This is why mass shootings occur.

    The bitch is... I did speak up. I watched him put it on and said to stop. The slack jawed moron just stood there and said he had too. I wanted my money back and was flat out refused cause the manager wasn't present. That was in 4 Oaks N C, 2011. No money for sub way since. Substandard.. I just throw a porterhouse on the grill for way less anyway.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Shit, it was a Subway. I watched them do it and told them not to put lettuce on it. They did anyway. It was already paid for and they refused to make it right. The manager wasn't there. Fuck subway and their 11 inch foot longs and their horrible service. They deserve jared

    You stood there and watched?

    Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

    And I've never paid for Subway up front. How shitty is your credit? 😉

    This is why mass shootings occur.

    😁

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You stood there and watched?

    Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

    And I've never paid for Subway up front. How shitty is your credit? 😉

    This is why mass shootings occur.

    😁

    WSS

    Everyone pays first there...ala Soup Nazi. Fast food credit? i just use cash. Im kinda old school that way

  • @westside-steve said:

    You stood there and watched?

    Pal I can understand being pissed off if you get home from the drive thru and find out your order is fucked up. But if you're standing there watching them and don't speak up....

    And I've never paid for Subway up front. How shitty is your credit? 😉

    This is why mass shootings occur.

    😁

    WSS

    Everyone pays first there...ala Soup Nazi. Fast food credit? i just use cash. Im kinda old school that way

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Everyone pays first there...ala Soup Nazi. Fast food credit? i just use cash. Im kinda old school that way

    Not calling you a liar. Just saying I've never ever been in a subway that made me pay first. Are you perhaps in the ghetto? I've also never had a subway employee be anything less than courteous.

    If the ones down there behave in that manner I'd never go back.

    PS I think you missed the credit joke. 😉

    WSS

  • If subway put lettuce on my sandwich and wouldn't take it off I'd just walk out and go to another subway.

    They're all like a block away from each other anyway

  • @opal312 said:

    Is Mr Hero like Subway?

    No.

    It's a glorious place where you can get a hot sub sandwich with burger patties, salami, mayo, cheese with a little lettuce and tomato for decoration that leaves the bag dripping in grease. Then you can couple it with waffle fries and plasticky "cheese" sauce for dipping.

    It's really good, but I'd probably only really lean towards it when I'm hungover. I think it's only a NE Ohio thing, but they may have some down in Columbus not sure.

    @bbedward said:

    No.

    It's a glorious place where you can get a hot sub sandwich with burger patties, salami, mayo, cheese with a little lettuce and tomato for decoration that leaves the bag dripping in grease. Then you can couple it with waffle fries and plasticky "cheese" sauce for dipping.

    It's really good, but I'd probably only really lean towards it when I'm hungover. I think it's only a NE Ohio thing, but they may have some down in Columbus not sure.

    That sounds awesome. Going to have to find one on my next trip.

    Zombo

    --Flyingfooldoug and Lettucegate ... How does that happen?

  • I might just do something equally assholish and open the sandwich right there at the counter and pick off the lettuce and toss it on the floor piece by piece.

    WSS

  • Regardless the story doesn't add up.

    I never been to a subway that forced me to eat something I didn't want.

  • I might just do something equally assholish and open the sandwich right there at the counter and pick off the lettuce and toss it on the floor piece by piece.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I might just do something equally assholish and open the sandwich right there at the counter and pick off the lettuce and toss it on the floor piece by piece.

    WSS

    This is an awesome thread!!!!!!...............I would do the same.......

    @bbedward said:

    Regardless the story doesn't add up.

    I never been to a subway that forced me to eat something I didn't want.

    Right...plus, I never been to a Subway that doesnt have a bunch of minimum wage kids working there.....so how can someone NOT control that situation......????

    At every single Subway Ive ever been to, you start at one end(opposite the register) and move down the counter, while telling them exactly what you want on the sammich and they make it for you....and then, at the very end, is the cash register, where they ask if you want a drink or a cookie.....and then you pay them.....every time.....