Skip to content

Pettine....saying funny things....

The Browns Board
23 18 1.2k
  • lol.... Well "sooner" is only 3 games away...

    As for SF... Gabbert seemed to agree...

    "You have to give credit to the Browns," Gabbert said. "They came ready to play today and we didn't."

  • So why didn't he spend time on the defense earlier?

  • lol.... Well "sooner" is only 3 games away...

    As for SF... Gabbert seemed to agree...

    "You have to give credit to the Browns," Gabbert said. "They came ready to play today and we didn't."

    @tour2ma said:

    lol.... Well "sooner" is only 3 games away...

    Paul Brown- "When you win say nothing. When you lose say less". Not if you were a branch from the Ryan Tree!!

  • So why didn't he spend time on the defense earlier?

    @wargograw said:

    So why didn't he spend time on the defense earlier?

    Not wanting to make the DC, his pal, look incompetent? The disaster of a defense up to last week should have been more than enough to prove the incompetence point.

  • Honestly, I wasn't very happy with Pettine's statements. It could very easily be nothing at all, but then again, he could be alluding to a bigger plan as well. What irritated me was, why leave any area about Manziel or Gordon's future in doubt? Why even crack the door? Why not just say, "The thought of these two young players on our team is exciting to think about." That's all he had to say, yet he didn't. And what's that do to Johnny's confidence? Johnny is always on the internet from what I understand, and either he or his agent makes the rounds on Twitter. So of course Johnny will hear about this, either from the internet or from a reporter that asks him about the Pettine statements.

  • Y'all honestly think the D showed up because Pet spent some time with them last week?

    I am a Pet backer and even I don't buy that...

  • Y'all honestly think the D showed up because Pet spent some time with them last week?

    I am a Pet backer and even I don't buy that...

    @tour2ma said:

    I am a Pet backer and even I don't buy that...

    Ha!......didja miss the 😉 ...?

  • Watching Mike Pettine at a Press Conference, is like watching Uncle Fester trying to talk with a broken lightbulb stuck in his throat. Has anyone "EVER" seen this man show emotion before, during or after a game? That would be a "BIG FAT LIE". He only cares about Mike. Not the individuals, the team, or anyone. I have directtv and watch NFL Red Zone when the Browns aren't on.

    I continually see "HEAD COACHES" hug their players, show passion towards the game, but not "OUR COACH"... he just repeatedly shows that he is Uncle Fester... No emotion whatsoever. I would give anything to find out he is "JOBLESS", after today's game. Christ!!! McNown would be better than Pettine. God have mercy on a Browns Fans Souls...

  • Watching Mike Pettine at a Press Conference, is like watching Uncle Fester trying to talk with a broken lightbulb stuck in his throat. Has anyone "EVER" seen this man show emotion before, during or after a game? That would be a "BIG FAT LIE". He only cares about Mike. Not the individuals, the team, or anyone. I have directtv and watch NFL Red Zone when the Browns aren't on.

    I continually see "HEAD COACHES" hug their players, show passion towards the game, but not "OUR COACH"... he just repeatedly shows that he is Uncle Fester... No emotion whatsoever. I would give anything to find out he is "JOBLESS", after today's game. Christ!!! McNown would be better than Pettine. God have mercy on a Browns Fans Souls...

    @donaldrdugan said:

    Watching Mike Pettine at a Press Conference, is like watching Uncle Fester trying to talk with a broken lightbulb stuck in his throat. Has anyone "EVER" seen this man show emotion before, during or after a game? That would be a "BIG FAT LIE". He only cares about Mike. Not the individuals, the team, or anyone. I have directtv and watch NFL Red Zone when the Browns aren't on.

    I continually see "HEAD COACHES" hug their players, show passion towards the game, but not "OUR COACH"... he just repeatedly shows that he is Uncle Fester... No emotion whatsoever. I would give anything to find out he is "JOBLESS", after today's game. Christ!!! McNown would be better than Pettine. God have mercy on a Browns Fans Souls...

    Pettine once broke a headset during the Rams game...does that count?
  • Also fist pumps after the TN win and during the Cards game when we jumped out to a early lead... after Dansby's pick 6 IIRC.

    Pretty sure Dansby got a high-five as well... How'd that work out for us?