Skip to content

Chip Kelly fired

The Browns Board
112 42 3.3k
  • If Jimmy is really as enamoured with Johnny as people say/think, I dont see how he doesn't go for Chip?

    He tried to recruit him for Oregon lest we forget

  • @opal312 said:

    No way! This guy signed Demarco Murray and didn't play him! Did anyone watch their last two games? I can't believe he'd rather lose than play Murray! I hope we don't acquire this guy. Maybe he goes back to college, hopefully! He's an NFL bust!

    Man, I'd hate to have a coach that didn't play FA players instead playing his guys and lost on the field consistently..

    sorry, had to take it.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Man, I'd hate to have a coach that didn't play FA players instead playing his guys and lost on the field consistently..

    sorry, had to take it.

    I was thinking the same thing.

  • a no-brainer.

    all the 'gotta have chip kelly' mofos pleez step up to the plate.

    talk about setting a franchise back a decade because of your ego.........geez.

  • @opal312 said:

    No way! This guy signed Demarco Murray and didn't play him! Did anyone watch their last two games? I can't believe he'd rather lose than play Murray! I hope we don't acquire this guy. Maybe he goes back to college, hopefully! He's an NFL bust!

    Man, I'd hate to have a coach that didn't play FA players instead playing his guys and lost on the field consistently..

    sorry, had to take it.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Man, I'd hate to have a coach that didn't play FA players instead playing his guys and lost on the field consistently..

    sorry, had to take it.

    I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed...

  • No way! This guy signed Demarco Murray and didn't play him! Did anyone watch their last two games? I can't believe he'd rather lose than play Murray! I hope we don't acquire this guy. Maybe he goes back to college, hopefully! He's an NFL bust!

    @opal312 said:

    No way! This guy signed Demarco Murray and didn't play him! Did anyone watch their last two games? I can't believe he'd rather lose than play Murray! I hope we don't acquire this guy. Maybe he goes back to college, hopefully! He's an NFL bust!

    He played Murray. Murray just isn't a good fit for his style. Which is why it was a strange pick up. Check the stats, the other backs averaged much higher than Murray did in ypc.

  • Per Sal Paolantonio Lurie wanted to strip Chip Kelly of personnel control. Chip balked. Lurie fired him.

  • he will end up with titans my prediction think mariotta who he coached and prob the 1st pick in the draft

  • Lurie owes him $$$/yrs.??

  • Per Sal Paolantonio Lurie wanted to strip Chip Kelly of personnel control. Chip balked. Lurie fired him.

    @mark-o said:

    Per Sal Paolantonio Lurie wanted to strip Chip Kelly of personnel control. Chip balked. Lurie fired him.

    Considering the job he did with the Beagles in player moves, NO THANKS.

  • a no-brainer.

    all the 'gotta have chip kelly' mofos pleez step up to the plate.

    talk about setting a franchise back a decade because of your ego.........geez.

    @miktoxic said:

    a no-brainer.

    all the 'gotta have chip kelly' mofos pleez step up to the plate.

    talk about setting a franchise back a decade because of your ego.........geez.

    And yet he has more wins than the last three Browns coaches combined...

    I guess in Cleveland, "setting your franchise back" means "winning games".

  • He may choose to go back to the college ranks. If he opts for the NFL, I would think that the Browns & Titans might show interest, but who knows?

    I'll stick with my standard......"We'll see".

    Mike

  • Kelly gave us the snub before.

    No thanks

  • He's our next coach

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's our next coach

    He's a douchebag. He was a douchebag then he's a douchebag now.

    WSS

  • This Shit actually scares me. We have a fire from the hip dipshit owner. And firing HC and GM will make me cringe. If Kelly is the future of the Cleveland browns I call Joe Thomas being the first guy gone.

  • @miktoxic said:

    a no-brainer.

    all the 'gotta have chip kelly' mofos pleez step up to the plate.

    talk about setting a franchise back a decade because of your ego.........geez.

    And yet he has more wins than the last three Browns coaches combined...

    I guess in Cleveland, "setting your franchise back" means "winning games".

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And yet he has more wins than the last three Browns coaches combined...

    I guess in Cleveland, "setting your franchise back" means "winning games".

    Yep its obviously that black and white when its convenient.

  • Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

  • Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    @deputydawg said:

    Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    Wondering the same myself, also well documented he likes the QB we've drafted in the first round (whatever you think of JF personally)

  • And unless Haslam has decided that Pettine isn't his man he shouldn't be even thinking about it, but I'm old fashioned.

  • Kelly gave us the snub before.

    No thanks

    @bbedward said:

    Kelly gave us the snub before.

    No thanks

    Difference was back then that he was THE dude everyone wanted. He got humbled a lot in this situation and don't forget the Browns wanted him really badly. The Titans make a crazy amount of sense but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jimmy gives him a phone call.

  • Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    @deputydawg said:

    Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    He meddles in player acquisition and from the looks of things doesn't know how to do that at all. Chip had talent left over from Andy Reid then shipped it all out as soon as he got control as GM.