Skip to content

Chip Kelly fired

The Browns Board
112 42 3.3k
  • He's our next coach

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's our next coach

    He's a douchebag. He was a douchebag then he's a douchebag now.

    WSS

  • This Shit actually scares me. We have a fire from the hip dipshit owner. And firing HC and GM will make me cringe. If Kelly is the future of the Cleveland browns I call Joe Thomas being the first guy gone.

  • @miktoxic said:

    a no-brainer.

    all the 'gotta have chip kelly' mofos pleez step up to the plate.

    talk about setting a franchise back a decade because of your ego.........geez.

    And yet he has more wins than the last three Browns coaches combined...

    I guess in Cleveland, "setting your franchise back" means "winning games".

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And yet he has more wins than the last three Browns coaches combined...

    I guess in Cleveland, "setting your franchise back" means "winning games".

    Yep its obviously that black and white when its convenient.

  • Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

  • Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    @deputydawg said:

    Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    Wondering the same myself, also well documented he likes the QB we've drafted in the first round (whatever you think of JF personally)

  • And unless Haslam has decided that Pettine isn't his man he shouldn't be even thinking about it, but I'm old fashioned.

  • Kelly gave us the snub before.

    No thanks

    @bbedward said:

    Kelly gave us the snub before.

    No thanks

    Difference was back then that he was THE dude everyone wanted. He got humbled a lot in this situation and don't forget the Browns wanted him really badly. The Titans make a crazy amount of sense but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jimmy gives him a phone call.

  • Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    @deputydawg said:

    Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

    He meddles in player acquisition and from the looks of things doesn't know how to do that at all. Chip had talent left over from Andy Reid then shipped it all out as soon as he got control as GM.

  • Ha!....The Chipper got axed.....well, no surprise there.....talk about dismantling a team....

    And he pretty much took Haslem for a ride during the last mating season and then turned, thumbed his nose and went elsewhere.....so, it would shock me if Haslem just sets that aside and tries again.....

    No....I think Jimmys pride wouldnt allow him to make that call.....

  • I'd be intrigued and wouldn't hate it.

    Pros:

    He went 10-6 his first two seasons

    26-21 overall.. Better than any coach we've had

    Manziel "broke his heart" when he decided to go to A&M instead of Oregon. Said Mainziel was " Tailor-made" for his system.

    We have a good offensive personnel for his high octane offense (especially if Gordon gets back on the field) mobile qb, big #1 receiver, speedy #2, quick possession receivers

    Cons:

    His ego: He needs to let a GM pick the players

    Defensive players hate him because he doesnt believe in time of possession, so defense plays 80+ snaps a game

    Some players accuse him of racism

    He's not a "people person" some players don't like the way he sees them as cogs in his system and not as humans

  • I don't think Kelly has any interest in coaching here by how it went before; and, I am not really a Kelly fan anyway (great in college but will not go anywhere in the NFL).

  • No.

  • What college job openings are out there? Or about to be out there? USC filled, Miami filled...in fact, almost every job filled:

    http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/159820146/college-football-coaching-carousel-rankings

    I don't know if there is anywhere left for him to go to? Unless someone else gets canned at a high profile program.

  • I will take up knitting next year if this happens cause I won't be watching on Sundays. Hell fucking no. Send him back to college. Last thing we need is someone experimenting with the offense just as Filipo's scheme is starting to show some signs of life. Kelly will come in and tear it all up and we're gonna be facepalming all season long. Even moreso than this year.

  • And the absolute last thing we need is someone offloading what little talent we have. That guy gutted philly for really no good reason.

  • And the absolute last thing we need is someone offloading what little talent we have. That guy gutted philly for really no good reason.

    @clevfan4life said:

    ........gutted......

    The perfect word to describe his tenure.....

  • Nope. He took a team with legitimate playmakers in Maclin, McCoy and Jackson, and decided he didn't like them, and has replaced them with players he handpicked that don't suit his system or just didn't work out.

  • and while I wouldnt take Kelly.....

    I would sign Bradford(UFA) and put him in there with McCown and Austin.......

  • and while I wouldnt take Kelly.....

    I would sign Bradford(UFA) and put him in there with McCown and Austin.......

    @mudfly said:

    and while I wouldnt take Kelly.....

    I would sign Bradford(UFA) and put him in there with McCown and Austin.......

    That would be a wise decision. Trade JM to Dallas and everybody's happy.