Jared Goff
-
If are going to run the right system for him and we have the right staff; I would be very happy to have him as our QB. What college is he coming from and what other QBs have come from their (p.s. I already know, just wondering if anyone else noticed).
-
If are going to run the right system for him and we have the right staff; I would be very happy to have him as our QB. What college is he coming from and what other QBs have come from their (p.s. I already know, just wondering if anyone else noticed).
If are going to run the right system for him and we have the right staff; I would be very happy to have him as our QB. What college is he coming from and what other QBs have come from their (p.s. I already know, just wondering if anyone else noticed).
Kyle Boller.
-
Huh, I had not thought of Boller. I was actually thinking of a guy in Green Bay right now. Unless I got my info wrong; isn't Rogers from the same college?.
-
Zombo said:
Good comments re climate.
Hey are you the resident Jags fan we had on the old AOL board? Thompson or something? We went round and round on Bottlegate, and I just want to tell him ... No, it never happened to another team again, we were ripped off and the only team ever to run two plays and then get a call two plays ago reversed.
Z
I am he-LThomp5490.
I am he-LThomp5490.
Didn't we use to just call you JagOff?

-
I am he-LThomp5490.
Didn't we use to just call you JagOff?

Didn't we use to just call you JagOff?

Probably.
Goodness knows I've been called far worse.
-
Anyone watch him today? Threw insanely crisp and accurate passes.
If the Browns part ways with JFF, Goff is the guy I want.
Anyone watch him today? Threw insanely crisp and accurate passes.
If the Browns part ways with JFF, Goff is the guy I want.
Dude he was playing against Air Force.
Go watch the tape of him playing against Utah, a top 10 defense.
-
I guess Lynch dinged his wrist but he looks really bad today against a really average defense.
-
I guess Lynch dinged his wrist but he looks really bad today against a really average defense.
-
I was intrigued by him for a while, but the more I watched the less I liked.
I'd put Wentz over anyone in this draft but I don't think there's a single poster on this forum that likes him.
What I watched of him I liked but I wasn't sitting and poring over the plays. Hard to evaluate how good a player is given the competition NDSU plays against,
-
I was intrigued by him for a while, but the more I watched the less I liked.
I'd put Wentz over anyone in this draft but I don't think there's a single poster on this forum that likes him.
*ahem*
-
I was intrigued by him for a while, but the more I watched the less I liked.
I'd put Wentz over anyone in this draft but I don't think there's a single poster on this forum that likes him.
*ahem*
-
I was intrigued by him for a while, but the more I watched the less I liked.
I'd put Wentz over anyone in this draft but I don't think there's a single poster on this forum that likes him.
What I watched of him I liked but I wasn't sitting and poring over the plays. Hard to evaluate how good a player is given the competition NDSU plays against,
What I watched of him I liked but I wasn't sitting and poring over the plays. Hard to evaluate how good a player is given the competition NDSU plays against,
They're consistently at the top of FCS. I agree it's not FBS, but it's not Division 3 ball either.
-
What I watched of him I liked but I wasn't sitting and poring over the plays. Hard to evaluate how good a player is given the competition NDSU plays against,
They're consistently at the top of FCS. I agree it's not FBS, but it's not Division 3 ball either.
They're consistently at the top of FCS. I agree it's not FBS, but it's not Division 3 ball either.
If we are talking about division 3, I gotta go with Jimbo Jenkins from Randolph Dental College. Has NFL size.
-
They're consistently at the top of FCS. I agree it's not FBS, but it's not Division 3 ball either.
If we are talking about division 3, I gotta go with Jimbo Jenkins from Randolph Dental College. Has NFL size.
If we are talking about division 3, I gotta go with Jimbo Jenkins from Randolph Dental College. Has NFL size.
Schmitty Johanson, from Central Jersey Institute of Applied Technology. 6'5", 230, club foot, leads the division in rushing yards.
-
I did that just for you.
I know. You treat me so fine.
-
If we are talking about division 3, I gotta go with Jimbo Jenkins from Randolph Dental College. Has NFL size.
Schmitty Johanson, from Central Jersey Institute of Applied Technology. 6'5", 230, club foot, leads the division in rushing yards.
Schmitty Johanson, from Central Jersey Institute of Applied Technology. 6'5", 230, club foot, leads the division in rushing yards.
I watched him dismantle North Central Western State.
-
Lynch looks atrocious.
-
Goff looked damn incredible yesterday, watched most of the game. If the only thing the dude needs to do is add 15 pounds that's pretty simple. I'd take him over Lynch any day if that's the way they wanna go.
-
Has not Committed. Question NFL durability at 210 lbs? In a AFCN climate at Utah not good. Love the ball he throws but does he beef up before the NFL Combine & does it affect his accuracy if he does? Tick Tock & could be a trade down option if no Bosa.
First off, I'd like to say, as the username suggests, I am a Jaguars fan-yes we DO exist. I do not come with the purpose to talk trash or anything. I just love talking/debating football and like getting the perspectives of fans from other teams.
I've read this board periodically, and as I did on the old AOL boards, I enjoy reading a lot of the posters. I remember Zombo, Ghoolie, Hoorta, and WSSteve, and probably a few others I have not mentioned. The quarterback discussions here have intrigued me, but for some reason I felt compelled to reply to this particular post.
I think if the Browns think he is that guy, you have to pull the trigger on him, climate be damned. There have been many instances where warm weather college QBs have thrived with cold weather teams. Fran Tarkenton went to Georgia and had a Hall of Fame career in Minnesota. Brett Favre had a Hall of Fame career in Green Bay despite being from Mississippi. He was succeeded by Aaron Rodgers, who went to Cal, like Goff. Of course, I don't need to remind Browns fans about Sipe (San Diego St.) and Kosar (Miami-yes I know he is originally from Ohio) who thrived in Cleveland. I don't wish to rile you guys up by naming him (I still hate the Steelers), but Terry Bradshaw illustrates this point further.
The bottom line is QB is so hard to find, if you are in a position to take a franchise QB, don't bypass him because of climate.
Good luck to you guys in the future-just not against us.
I just love talking/debating football and like getting the perspectives of fans from other teams.
I've read this board periodically, and as I did on the old AOL boards, I enjoy reading a lot of the posters. The quarterback discussions here have intrigued me, but for some reason I felt compelled to reply to this particular post.
The bottom line is QB is so hard to find, if you are in a position to take a franchise QB, don't bypass him because of climate.
Good luck to you guys in the future-just not against us.
A welcome back to you & Thanks.. We can use some good outsider ballin debate so stick around & you have already proven more logical opinion than any Steeler Fan which is a lot on this board (oh yea JM fans too). For me it is a toss up between Connor Cook & Goff & I am leaning towards a 4 year senior from Mich. St. over a Cal kid. We also have a kid named Mingo that can't hold weight & wonder if Goff is that same kid? After we watch Pettine on our sideline & locker room, your Bradley shows the passion with players that we just don't have from Pettine nor his staff. It shows threw our players that we have no leaders that believe in his system. Has Hayes Pullard gotten any playing time with Jags? A. Pasztor from you has been playing well here, but it is Cleveland.. So stick around..
-
I just love talking/debating football and like getting the perspectives of fans from other teams.
I've read this board periodically, and as I did on the old AOL boards, I enjoy reading a lot of the posters. The quarterback discussions here have intrigued me, but for some reason I felt compelled to reply to this particular post.
The bottom line is QB is so hard to find, if you are in a position to take a franchise QB, don't bypass him because of climate.
Good luck to you guys in the future-just not against us.
A welcome back to you & Thanks.. We can use some good outsider ballin debate so stick around & you have already proven more logical opinion than any Steeler Fan which is a lot on this board (oh yea JM fans too). For me it is a toss up between Connor Cook & Goff & I am leaning towards a 4 year senior from Mich. St. over a Cal kid. We also have a kid named Mingo that can't hold weight & wonder if Goff is that same kid? After we watch Pettine on our sideline & locker room, your Bradley shows the passion with players that we just don't have from Pettine nor his staff. It shows threw our players that we have no leaders that believe in his system. Has Hayes Pullard gotten any playing time with Jags? A. Pasztor from you has been playing well here, but it is Cleveland.. So stick around..
A welcome back to you & Thanks.. We can use some good outsider ballin debate so stick around & you have already proven more logical opinion than any Steeler Fan which is a lot on this board (oh yea JM fans too). For me it is a toss up between Connor Cook & Goff & I am leaning towards a 4 year senior from Mich. St. over a Cal kid. We also have a kid named Mingo that can't hold weight & wonder if Goff is that same kid? After we watch Pettine on our sideline & locker room, your Bradley shows the passion with players that we just don't have from Pettine nor his staff. It shows threw our players that we have no leaders that believe in his system. Has Hayes Pullard gotten any playing time with Jags? A. Pasztor from you has been playing well here, but it is Cleveland.. So stick around..
Thanks for the welcome back.
I had the concerns about Mingo's frame back when he was at LSU. I was never a big fan of his. Can't speak to Goff because now that it appears the Jaguars have finally found a good QB and fixed much of the offense, I have been focusing on the defensive players thus far. I will say if I were to err in picking a QB, I would err on the side of the more experienced player. Of course, that would have resulted in me potentially bypassing Bortles, so take that for whatever its worth.
Bradley does have passion, I grant you that, and the players love playing for him. But the passion has not been a substitute for talent and good coaching, and the results have not been what is desired despite the passion and positivity. He is firmly on the hot seat going into next year. The hope in Jaguars land now is that Bradley replaces Babich as defensive coordinator.
Pullard has just recently gotten playing time because Telvin Smith was hurt and missed the last game. Pullard showed some suddenness exploding into the backfield and dropping a Saints' RB in the backfield for a 3-4 yard loss, but stumbled covering a back out of the backfield and was beaten for a long gain. Given the Jaguars traditional hole at OLB, he's a guy I'd want to keep on the roster going into next year, but I'd prefer Jaylon Smith out of Notre Dame to be our Sam/OTTO next year. Pasztor had a strange career in Jacksonville. He played well for us the first year, then fell off the next. I still think he's a decent guy to have on your roster.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login