Skip to content

Jared Goff

The Browns Board
51 20 1.8k
  • Has not Committed. Question NFL durability at 210 lbs? In a AFCN climate at Utah not good. Love the ball he throws but does he beef up before the NFL Combine & does it affect his accuracy if he does? Tick Tock & could be a trade down option if no Bosa.

    @gumby73 said:

    Has not Committed. Question NFL durability at 210 lbs? In a AFCN climate at Utah not good. Love the ball he throws but does he beef up before the NFL Combine & does it affect his accuracy if he does? Tick Tock & could be a trade down option if no Bosa.

    6'4" 210 Shiite, I wish I was 6'4" 210. You want a Benjamite (Rothlisbooger) that's 240 at that height? Or Fig Newton ditto? It's all about pocket pocket presence and learning when to duck. Brady has 15 pounds on him, Manning an inch and the same, Alex Smith- near identical. FWIW, Rodgers is 6'2" 225.

    @justajagsfan said:

    I am he-LThomp5490.

    Zombo has a better memory than I do. Welcome back to posting.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Has not Committed. Question NFL durability at 210 lbs? In a AFCN climate at Utah not good. Love the ball he throws but does he beef up before the NFL Combine & does it affect his accuracy if he does? Tick Tock & could be a trade down option if no Bosa.

    6'4" 210 Shiite, I wish I was 6'4" 210. You want a Benjamite (Rothlisbooger) that's 240 at that height? Or Fig Newton ditto? It's all about pocket pocket presence and learning when to duck. Brady has 15 pounds on him, Manning an inch and the same, Alex Smith- near identical. FWIW, Rodgers is 6'2" 225.

    @justajagsfan said:

    I am he-LThomp5490.

    Zombo has a better memory than I do. Welcome back to posting.

    @hoorta said:

    6'4" 210 Shiite, I wish I was 6'4" 210. You want a Benjamite (Rothlisbooger) that's 240 at that height? Or Fig Newton ditto? It's all about pocket pocket presence and learning when to duck. Brady has 15 pounds on him, Manning an inch and the same, Alex Smith- near identical. FWIW, Rodgers is 6'2" 225.

    Goff played AF. P. Lynch finally played a decent defense in Auburn. Now the doors swing open on the Big Boys. Can Connor Cook 6' 4" 220 & a 4 year senior with QB smarts between the ears play well on the big boys? I think Cook & Cardale is our best option in our division at QB. Now let the Round & the chips fall where they may. (RD.1 imo is Bosa, Cook or Goff with early lead, or WR Theadwell)

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's easier to add weight than it is height...

    Goff is 6'4'', is that not tall enough for you? Actually, there's a school of thought that you can be to tall to play QB as scanning the defense is easier to see by defenders.

    Actually, here's a pretty good article about it: http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/1108254/will-brock-osweiler-another-bad-tall-quarterback-gallery

    @jrb12711 said:

    Goff is 6'4'', is that not tall enough for you?

    Obviously you missed my point which was about Goff's weight...

  • Goff is extremely talented and to me,is a very natural thrower. The ball comes out of his hand super hot, and his delivery is compact and quick. He can throw a tremendous fade route, isn't afraid to go over the middle, and has near perfect size.

    The only drawbacks are that he takes virtually every snap from the shotgun, and spread quarterbacks generally require a bit more time to develop. As previously mentioned, he could stand to gain a bit of muscle, but that's nitpicking. This guy can flat out throw the football, and reminds me quite a bit of Derek Carr.

    Now, if we take a quarterback early, we have to be sure to provide him with weapons. I hope BEYOND hope that Gordon returns, but we know better than to get our hopes up. We need offensive playmakers, and we need a defense that can keep our young qb in the game.

    Obviously, we all know that highlight reels can make anyone look good, but Goff's highlights are stupid amazing. Lynch has a chance to be special, but I believe he'll take more time to develop. Time we don't have.

  • By all rights people are saying that Goff and Lynch should be 2d/3rd rounders....but because they are QBs they are vastly overvalued.

    Could this be the second coming of the Christian Ponder/Blaine Gabbert/Jake Locker draft?

  • I'm starting to lean toward Connor Cook, but I don't think he's top 5 draft material.

  • Goff is extremely talented and to me,is a very natural thrower. The ball comes out of his hand super hot, and his delivery is compact and quick. He can throw a tremendous fade route, isn't afraid to go over the middle, and has near perfect size.

    The only drawbacks are that he takes virtually every snap from the shotgun, and spread quarterbacks generally require a bit more time to develop. As previously mentioned, he could stand to gain a bit of muscle, but that's nitpicking. This guy can flat out throw the football, and reminds me quite a bit of Derek Carr.

    Now, if we take a quarterback early, we have to be sure to provide him with weapons. I hope BEYOND hope that Gordon returns, but we know better than to get our hopes up. We need offensive playmakers, and we need a defense that can keep our young qb in the game.

    Obviously, we all know that highlight reels can make anyone look good, but Goff's highlights are stupid amazing. Lynch has a chance to be special, but I believe he'll take more time to develop. Time we don't have.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Lynch has a chance to be special, but I believe he'll take more time to develop. Time we don't have.

    We have McC under contract for two more years. We have time...

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Lynch has a chance to be special, but I believe he'll take more time to develop. Time we don't have.

    We have McC under contract for two more years. We have time...

    @tour2ma said:

    We have McC under contract for two more years. We have time...

    So you are officially advocating taking a flyer on a project with the second pick of the draft? Bold move.

    WSS

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Goff is 6'4'', is that not tall enough for you?

    Obviously you missed my point which was about Goff's weight...

    @tour2ma said:

    Obviously you missed my point which was about Goff's weight...

    OK Tour- I did a little looking, and Goff is a tad light (210) for his height 6'4". You insinuating an NFL linebacker is gonna bust him in half? Carr's height\weight are statistically the same, ditto Alex Smith. You trying to tell me he can't put on another 10 pounds to equal Brady or Mariotta?

    Bridgewater 6'2" 215

    Carr 6'3" 214

    Brady 6'4" 225

    Mariotta 6'4" 222

    A. Smith 6'4" 217

  • @tour2ma said:

    Obviously you missed my point which was about Goff's weight...

    OK Tour- I did a little looking, and Goff is a tad light (210) for his height 6'4". You insinuating an NFL linebacker is gonna bust him in half? Carr's height\weight are statistically the same, ditto Alex Smith. You trying to tell me he can't put on another 10 pounds to equal Brady or Mariotta?

    Bridgewater 6'2" 215

    Carr 6'3" 214

    Brady 6'4" 225

    Mariotta 6'4" 222

    A. Smith 6'4" 217

    @hoorta said:

    OK Tour- I did a little looking, and Goff is a tad light (210) for his height 6'4". You insinuating an NFL linebacker is gonna bust him in half? Carr's height\weight are statistically the same, ditto Alex Smith. You trying to tell me he can't put on another 10 pounds to equal Brady or Mariotta?

    Bridgewater 6'2" 215

    Carr 6'3" 214

    Brady 6'4" 225

    Mariotta 6'4" 222

    A. Smith 6'4" 217

    Goff will be fine.

    Brees is small and had a fine career. Didn't BIG BEN just get injured recently?

    Hate that mentality of just because they aren't huge they'll get killed.

  • regarding Michigan States Connor Cook -

    Isn't he a four year starter at quarterback?

    As a senior, and a long time quarterback what does it say when a long term senior quarterback is passed over when his teammates vote for Team Captains?

  • @tour2ma said:

    We have McC under contract for two more years. We have time...

    So you are officially advocating taking a flyer on a project with the second pick of the draft? Bold move.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So you are officially advocating taking a flyer on a project with the second pick of the draft? Bold move.

    Nope... just saying time is not a reason to pass on him if, unlike JM, he has franchise potential...

    @hoorta said:

    OK Tour- I did a little looking, and Goff is a tad light (210) for his height 6'4". You insinuating an NFL linebacker is gonna bust him in half?

    No... insinuating nothing.

    Stating that:

    @tour2ma said:

    It's easier to add weight than it is height...

  • regarding Michigan States Connor Cook -

    Isn't he a four year starter at quarterback?

    As a senior, and a long time quarterback what does it say when a long term senior quarterback is passed over when his teammates vote for Team Captains?

    @mohican said:

    regarding Michigan States Connor Cook -

    Isn't he a four year starter at quarterback?

    As a senior, and a long time quarterback what does it say when a long term senior quarterback is passed over when his teammates vote for Team Captains?

    Well so far the NFL Jr team is kind of educating him about the game in the league he is about to enter. 24-0 at the moment.

    Edit: 31-0 after manhandling his passes last possession.

  • I still want Cardale. He's got the durable body frame, a rifle arm and can make the throws. He needs coaching that's all. All the other quarterbacks I've seen so far haven't beat anybody. Watching Lynch against a mediocre Auburn team was painful. If we were drafting today I would take Cardale, Goff, or Hogan.

  • Goff's weight isn't a concern to me at all. How old is the kid? 20? I didn't gain my muscle bulk until I was around 23, and I CERTAINLY wasn't a pro athlete. In two years, he'll be 6'4 and 220ish.

  • Some bodies simply don't add mass...

    Try picturing Mike "Icabod" Glennon with "a build".

  • Hehehe...funny.