Skip to content

Flashback....who would you pick?

The Browns Board
17 11 490
  • 2014:

    • Turn down the trade and take Khalil Mack at #4...
    • I do not trade up to #22 and likely take Xavier Su'a-Filo (OG) at 26 as I am concerned he will not fall to us in Rnd 2 (and he did not).
    • Conversely Bito was not on my radar, and I miss him, but I already have my OG. Carr is still there one pick ahead of Oakland, but I doubt they'd have stayed there if we hadn't yet drafted a QB. But fooled them as I had little interest in Carr with AJ McCarron still a couple rounds away. So...
    • My 2nd Rnd pick is likely Jordan Mathews (WR)... last of the very promising WRs I see and a great value at #35 overall.

    2015:

    • I take Shelton and have no Bills Rnd 1 pick.
    • In Rnd 2 I likely stay at #43 overall and take either Eric Rowe (CB), Eric Kendricks (ILB) or Ali Marpet (OG). Given our O-line issues in 2014 I likely go Marpet.
  • Tour, I was all over Allen Robinson at 35 in 2014, I think he's done at least as well as Jordan Matthews.

  • 2014 No Trades-- #4-K. Mack or A. Donald. #26- J. Bitonio. # 35- Derek Carr. #71- Tre Mason or Chris Borland. #106- Martavis Bryant. #127- Took Desir with Tom Savage & L. Taliaferro on board. #145-to Minn. with CB Bene Benwikere, AJ McCarron, Zach Mettenberger on board. #180- to 49ers- with Alfred Blue & Boom Herron on board. #218-to Balt.-they took WR Mike Campanaro (like him), Will Smith & M. Sams still on board.****************2015----#12- Shelton (with K. Mack behind him 🙂). Got no issues with pick but CB's Kevin Johnson & Marcus Peters were on board. #19-Erving(OL not imo) my pick was Shane Ray than Bud Dupree. #43 Nate Orchard & I like it & if Mud turns down GM, Tia was all over this one 😁..

  • Tour, I was all over Allen Robinson at 35 in 2014, I think he's done at least as well as Jordan Matthews.

    @gftchris said:

    Tour, I was all over Allen Robinson at 35 in 2014, I think he's done at least as well as Jordan Matthews.

    Certainly has turned out that way, Chris. Robinson was just not on my radar at the time.

  • Where on earth would AD fit in this defense?

  • My picks prolly would have been Mosley and Ted Bridgewater in 2014.

    Hindsight I probably agree with your picks

  • Where on earth would AD fit in this defense?

    @wargograw said:

    Where on earth would AD fit in this defense?

    Wherever he wants to?

    Seriously as either DE inside Kruger or Orchard works on early downs and pick a spot in pass rush situations.

  • I would have taken Aaron Rodgers over Braylon

  • Wow, so many why did we pick him that it is hard to think about. 2014 I have to admit that I was happy with our first pick (just not happy how he turned out); but, I was screaming for Carr with our second first round pick. Looking back, I would liked to have picked a receiver instead of our cornerback and still wish we would have picked up Carr. The one I really wanted (and you will all hate me for this) is Ben Rothlesburger instead of Cam Wimbley. I thought and still think Wimbley was a wasted pick.

  • Who I wanted then?

    Mack

    Roby

    Filo'

    Hyde

    Allen Robinson

    Were all my top picks in their respective rounds.

  • 2015 Bud Dupree & Shane Rey

    2014 Aaron Donald & Dee Ford

    At least one side of the ball would be good