Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
60 21 2.2k
  • B BrownsDawgPound wrote on last edited by BrownsDawgPound
    #1

    Hi, Browns fans! 🙂 Our 3-12 Cleveland Browns conclude their very disappointing 2015 NFL regular season as they host the 9-6 Pittsburgh Steelers in both the battle of original NFL teams. Browns will play spoilers, and with a season ending win, will thwart and prevent the Steelers out of playoff contention. However, a Browns loss to the Steelers all but assures Cleveland with the #1 overall pick over Tennessee in the upcoming 2016 NFL Draft.

    Cleveland will definitely finish below their 2014 NFL regular season record at 7-9, and the new uniforms, and improvements at FirstEnergy Stadium, did not help with the record...so far. Mike Pettine and his Coaching staff may be out of Cleveland come Black Monday. Many players, including possibly Johnny Manziel, may also play their last game in Cleveland Browns, and a shakeup in management and the front office is expected as early as this week, with the consent and authorization of Browns owner Jimmy Haslem.

    Steelers defeated the Browns 30-9 at Heinz Field before their bye week back on November 19. Manziel started that game before his transgression at Austin, Texas during the bye week. This time around Austin Davis is starting the season finale for Cleveland, while Johnny Football is on concussion protocol from the last game in Kansas City, thus his season is done.

    This year's Cleveland Browns team, have a long way to go if they are a playoff team, as they were at their peak 30 years ago, during the Bernie Kosar era in Cleveland.

    Cloudy and windy skies at 37 degrees, feels like 27 degrees, is the game forecast for this afternoon's season and home finale at FirstEnergy Stadium for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 15% precipitaion, 62% humidity, and west/northwestern winds at 12 miles per hour.

    Steelers are wearing their black helmets, white jerseys, and gold pants, while the host Browns are wearing their orange helmets, brown jerseys, and orange pants.

    Win one more with pride in front of your home fans at FirstEnergy Stadium. Go for four, Believeland, and GO BROWNS!!!!! 🙂😎😄😉

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'll be heading down there soon. Hopefully we won't be leaving at halftime and the game is competitive.

    Going to stop at the Casino first. Got some free slot play and a couple of free buffet coupons. Plus beers there are only $4

  • I'll be heading down there soon. Hopefully we won't be leaving at halftime and the game is competitive.

    Going to stop at the Casino first. Got some free slot play and a couple of free buffet coupons. Plus beers there are only $4

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @browns149 said:

    I'll be heading down there soon. Hopefully we won't be leaving at halftime and the game is competitive.

    Going to stop at the Casino first. Got some free slot play and a couple of free buffet coupons. Plus beers there are only $4

    I hope for your sake it's a good game but to be honest I would rather see the Steelers up 42-0 at half where the entire stadium empties so Jimmah has to sit in hid box and watch this shitstorm he created.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #4

    InActives-- $Bowe$--JM (active in Vegas only), Charles (can't cover YET) Gaines, Tramon (am slowing) Williams, Glen (will I ever play) Winston & M. Moore(??) & Armonty (got guns) Bryant..

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by Richiswhere
    #5

    2 the over and under for "Fire Haslem" signs.

    I'll take the over

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Austin Davis throws 6TDs today

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I dvrd this. The browns have reached the depths where I'm not willing to watch the 1:00 games live anymore. If they win I'll review it in fast forward. Most likely I'll just quietly delete it.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Ha....and now....Gaines is out too....(along with Tramon)

    So...todays starting CB's are........Jordan Poyer and Pierre Desir.....

    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA.......this oughta be good....

    I predict Big Ben tosses 7 TD passes and gets close to 500 yds passing......

    A nice parting shot from Pettine........take that Jimmy!

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #9

    If I were Coach Pettine I'd say "fuck it" and play to kill.

  • Ha....and now....Gaines is out too....(along with Tramon)

    So...todays starting CB's are........Jordan Poyer and Pierre Desir.....

    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA.......this oughta be good....

    I predict Big Ben tosses 7 TD passes and gets close to 500 yds passing......

    A nice parting shot from Pettine........take that Jimmy!

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #10

    @mudfly said:

    Ha....and now....Gaines is out too....(along with Tramon)

    So...todays starting CB's are........Jordan Poyer and Pierre Desir.....

    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA.......this oughta be good....

    I predict Big Ben tosses 7 TD passes and gets close to 500 yds passing......

    A nice parting shot from Pettine........take that Jimmy!

    Well, Ka'Wann Williams will be in, so that makes it a bit more interesting. But overall, we have no CBs and I would blitz Ben all day.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Don't worry we have Justin Gilbert.

    Unless he's a healthy scratch again

  • Ha....and now....Gaines is out too....(along with Tramon)

    So...todays starting CB's are........Jordan Poyer and Pierre Desir.....

    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA.......this oughta be good....

    I predict Big Ben tosses 7 TD passes and gets close to 500 yds passing......

    A nice parting shot from Pettine........take that Jimmy!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mudfly said:

    Ha....and now....Gaines is out too....(along with Tramon)

    So...todays starting CB's are........Jordan Poyer and Pierre Desir.....

    To borrow a phrase... HA!

    Moved Gip to corner and started Poyer at FS...

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Wow. I bet Urban Meyer can't wait to coach these Browns!

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Steelers score 1st with a pass Miller after gains by Brown. Well, let's see what the response will be...

  • Wow. I bet Urban Meyer can't wait to coach these Browns!

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #15

    @baconhound said:

    Wow. I bet Urban Meyer can't wait to coach these Browns!

    He gave about 3 or 4 reason why he wont coach in the NFL. For one, he likes coaching the Buckeyes, and his kids are very comfortable in Columbus, Oh or wherever they live.

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #16

    ...nice return

  • @baconhound said:

    Wow. I bet Urban Meyer can't wait to coach these Browns!

    He gave about 3 or 4 reason why he wont coach in the NFL. For one, he likes coaching the Buckeyes, and his kids are very comfortable in Columbus, Oh or wherever they live.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dawg2fan said:

    He gave about 3 or 4 reason why he wont coach in the NFL. For one, he likes coaching the Buckeyes, and his kids are very comfortable in Columbus, Oh.

    Sorry hard for sarcasm to come through on the internet. I wouldn't want Meyer. What scares me with all the jobs coming open the Browns are the worst so why would anyone want the Browns.

  • ...nice return

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tinythinker said:

    ...nice return

    flag

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #19

    and it gets called back. No surprise, there.

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Oh c'mon, why not go for it on 4th and 26. Be bold and think outside of the box 😄