Skip to content

Pettine & Farmer fired what's next?

The Browns Board
214 50 8.8k
  • DeputyDawgD DeputyDawg wrote on last edited by

    I'm hoping we go for Jackson and we make a decision soon before they all get appointed elsewhere.

  • DeputyDawgD DeputyDawg wrote on last edited by

    Unless of course they let Lewis go.

  • I'm hoping we go for Jackson and we make a decision soon before they all get appointed elsewhere.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @deputydawg said:

    I'm hoping we go for Jackson and we make a decision soon before they all get appointed elsewhere.

    Jackson has his interview with the Browns in about 1/2 hour. Had a 5 hour interview with San Francisco this morning.

  • DeputyDawgD DeputyDawg wrote on last edited by

    Does that imply the 49ers are his first choice? Or is it normal to interview twice on the same day?

  • Does that imply the 49ers are his first choice? Or is it normal to interview twice on the same day?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @deputydawg said:

    Does that imply the 49ers are his first choice? Or is it normal to interview twice on the same day?

    It's not abnormal. You could only speculate on his first choice - I suspect 49ers are because he's a bay area native I think.

  • DeputyDawgD DeputyDawg wrote on last edited by

    Bummer if so he knows the North well and might attract some of their players in FA.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    I prefer big hue. I would not be disappointed with that hire.

  • @deputydawg said:

    I'm hoping we go for Jackson and we make a decision soon before they all get appointed elsewhere.

    Jackson has his interview with the Browns in about 1/2 hour. Had a 5 hour interview with San Francisco this morning.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Jackson has his interview with the Browns in about 1/2 hour. Had a 5 hour interview with San Francisco this morning.

    I trust we both traveled to him??? Interviewing is exhausting enough without sandwiching in a 3/4 transcontinental flight...

  • I prefer big hue. I would not be disappointed with that hire.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @lbc-mike said:

    I prefer big hue. I would not be disappointed with that hire.

    Me too Mike! I'm a work in progress with what we need most so I'll share what I like about him above others at this point. His length of NFL experience gives me the impression he'll be able to hire the best group of assistants. And what did we learn about out last coaching staff? Many fans and players seemed unhappy with the group of defensive assistants hired here when it was all said and done.

    Next, how long will the assistant coaches that can help our next Head Coach be around/available for the hiring? Hue's season is over today while Patricia's season could go a few more weeks.

    Okay so how about a little pep talk about how doable Hue is for Cleveland? What UT booster intercepted a family tradition of Mannings going to Ole Miss with a private jet? Look, Jimmy's made mistakes but this guy LOVES football with a burning desire for his teams to compete or there is simply no such thing as him being THE reason why Peyton Manning chose UT. Now he can sell Hue with the reality that the pick of the litter at QB will be on our doorstep to be protected by the best blind side tackle in football.

  • I think the name "Morocco Brown" would be an excellent handle for a professional wrestler.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I think the name "Morocco Brown" would be an excellent handle for a professional wrestler.

    There used to be a Morocco Mole on TV.

    He hung out with Secret Squirrel

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    After 3.5 hours with Hue Jackson no offer was made. Now the truth should come out on Marvin Lewis gone or Hue's goes home to 49ers?

  • After 3.5 hours with Hue Jackson no offer was made. Now the truth should come out on Marvin Lewis gone or Hue's goes home to 49ers?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    After 3.5 hours with Hue Jackson no offer was made. Now the truth should come out on Marvin Lewis gone or Hue's goes home to 49ers?

    Reports are that Lewis is not being fired. Hue received no offer from either the Browns or the 49ers.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Mark O--My gut tells me Natty & players our better with Hue than Marvin Lewis. Time will tell..

  • Mark O--My gut tells me Natty & players our better with Hue than Marvin Lewis. Time will tell..

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Mark O--My gut tells me Natty & players our better with Hue than Marvin Lewis. Time will tell..

    Could be right...but all reports are that Lewis isn't being fired.

    Also this just came out..

    Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 6m6 minutes ago

    Michael Silver@MikeSilver
    I'm told the Giants are expected to request permission to talk to Hue Jackson tomorrow. But Browns, Niners may decide on 1st choice by then.

    I'm told the Giants are expected to request permission to talk to Hue Jackson tomorrow. But Browns, Niners may decide on 1st choice by then.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    So, you guys want old school Marvin Lewis? Remember how long it took him to make the Bengals respectable. And keep in mind that Andy Dalton was drafted in 2011.

    And for those of you who want to choir boys wasn't it under his leadership that the Bengals led the league in felons?

    WSS

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    Hummmm

  • DeputyDawgD DeputyDawg wrote on last edited by

    Come on Haslam offer it to Hue!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Oakland was behind us and Cinci was way behind us in accepting analytics... and that was before we went "all in".

    Would not seem to make those franchises the most fertile ground for our next HC.

  • Come on Haslam offer it to Hue!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @deputydawg said:

    Come on Haslam offer it to Hue!

    Why? He doesn't excite me that much....for whatever reason.

  • So, you guys want old school Marvin Lewis? Remember how long it took him to make the Bengals respectable. And keep in mind that Andy Dalton was drafted in 2011.

    And for those of you who want to choir boys wasn't it under his leadership that the Bengals led the league in felons?

    WSS

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    So, you guys want old school Marvin Lewis?

    Why would anybody want Lewis? Dude hasnt won anything and hes had great players and great teams. A proven loser. And before you tell me he's won more then the Browns. I dont care. One and out every year would be more frustrating then just being bad. At least I know whats coming.