Skip to content

Haslam Presser

The Browns Board
50 30 2.2k
  • I agree with a lot of what Haslam had to say in his press conference about structuring a business.

    I'm not sure this is possible in today's world though, particularly the NFL.

    It does appear as if he's going to make the 'modern' mistake of letting the data analyst make the final decisions.

    Data analytics should be a tool for decision making - not the final authority.

  • Very disappointing season, We can only hope some of what he promised comes to fruition.

  • Im just happy Haslem didnt use the word candidly before every answer

  • Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

    Kool Aid???

  • Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

    Kool Aid???

    @darubes said:

    Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

    Kool Aid???

    No worries. I hear she raises chickens so the picks are in good .......................beaks? 😛

    And a New Years present for Z too, the newest Magic 8 Ball

    • 61pWUGpo7qL._SS40_.jpg
    • 81yFDu273wL._SX522_.jpg
  • A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

    Please ... fucking shoot me.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

    Please ... fucking shoot me.

    Zombo

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

  • Zombo said:

    A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

    Holy Fuck!

    None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

    Please fucking shoot me.

    I having given 47 years to this franchise.

    I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

    Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

    Please ... fucking shoot me.

    Zombo

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

    @the-gipper said:

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

    If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

  • @the-gipper said:

    As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

    If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

    @gftchris said:

    If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

    Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

  • I tell you something, I don't expect a big name GM. You may be right about HC, but I'll file that one under 'believe it when I see it'

  • They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

  • They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    @londonbrown said:

    They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

  • @londonbrown said:

    They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    @bbedward said:

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    True......but of course, those are just the first two names to come out of the woodwork. Who knows who else will show up.

  • @londonbrown said:

    They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    @bbedward said:

    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

    Why?

    @brownpile said:

    It does appear as if he's going to make the 'modern' mistake of letting the data analyst make the final decisions. Data analytics should be a tool for decision making - not the final authority.

    Did I miss a mention of sabermetrics by Haslam?

    @manzier said:

    Im just happy Haslem didnt use the word candidly before every answer

    lol... I'd forgotten about that... good catch.

    I will say Jimmah looked tanned and trim... must be spending a lot of time in Bratenahl.

  • I guess it depends on how you classify big name candidate. I was never particularly impressed with his Gase because like many, I attributed almost all of his success to the high level of talent the Broncos had and Peyton Manning.

    But Gase has been a buzzing name for an HC-gig for awhile, and lined up 3 interviews this week already - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

  • P. Manning was exactly where I was coming from bb....

  • I guess it depends on how you classify big name candidate. I was never particularly impressed with his Gase because like many, I attributed almost all of his success to the high level of talent the Broncos had and Peyton Manning.

    But Gase has been a buzzing name for an HC-gig for awhile, and lined up 3 interviews this week already - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

    @bbedward said:

    - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

    Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....

    Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....

    Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......

  • @bbedward said:

    - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

    Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....

    Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....

    Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......

    @mudfly said:

    Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....

    Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....

    Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......

    Maybe not big name, but "hot name"

    Regardless we don't get the flavor of the year guys either, except for maybe Mangini I don't remember if he was considered a hot name then or not.

  • @gftchris said:

    If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

    Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

    Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.

    He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

    Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.

    He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.

    @wargograw said:

    Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.

    He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.

    Not bad for a 26 y.o. war. I think you got it right, but that is not how it's done in the Cleveland Carousel. First, find a coordinator and make him a HC. Second, hire a GM with no brain. Third, draft a QB instead of BPA. Forth, repeat every two years or less. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

  • The Haslam de-Presser. The only ray of hope I see is that maybe using analytics it will help this organization get better evaluating talent and make better draft picks. Maybe Haslam will use analytics to help him select the next coach and GM. It wouldn't hurt.

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2016/01/04/the-cleveland-browns-analytics-and-sashi-brown/