Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Haslam Presser

Haslam Presser

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
50 Posts 30 Posters 2.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • C Clevfan4life

    This is what you guys wanted. You scream every year for a new staff. The AFC north teams thank the Cleveland fan base for keeping 2 easy outs on their schedule every year. Good job guys. Now don't disappoint me this time next year, i wanna hear full violin play about why this next cunt we hire needs fired immediately before the season is even over. I wanna hear it.

    Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 6k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @clevfan4life said:

    This is what you guys wanted. You scream every year for a new staff. The AFC north teams thank the Cleveland fan base for keeping 2 easy outs on their schedule every year. Good job guys. Now don't disappoint me this time next year, i wanna hear full violin play about why this next cunt we hire needs fired immediately before the season is even over. I wanna hear it.

    Can't wait....It will happen by November of this year.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • stillmotion stillmotionS Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 453 Reputation
      stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
      #22

      and Pettine is laughing and drinking right now.....

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
        #23

        I'm fucking distraught. I've rooted for some bad teams before, but l refuse to be that guy who tries to dissuade people from going to games or buying merchandise or whatever because l always felt like someone at the top was really really trying.

        They might be stupid, or inept, or a fucking dumbass, but at least they're trying.

        What the hell is going on with their ownership? There are no dumbass millionaires. What the fuck is Haslam really up to?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Z Zombo

          A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

          Holy Fuck!

          None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

          Please fucking shoot me.

          I having given 47 years to this franchise.

          I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

          Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

          Please ... fucking shoot me.

          Zombo

          Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 30k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
          #24

          Zombo said:

          A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

          Holy Fuck!

          None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

          Please fucking shoot me.

          I having given 47 years to this franchise.

          I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

          Sorry, brah... only got one bullet...

          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • BrownPile B Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 103 Posts
            • 18 Reputation
            B BrownPile wrote on last edited by
            #25

            I agree with a lot of what Haslam had to say in his press conference about structuring a business.

            I'm not sure this is possible in today's world though, particularly the NFL.

            It does appear as if he's going to make the 'modern' mistake of letting the data analyst make the final decisions.

            Data analytics should be a tool for decision making - not the final authority.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • AussieBacon A
              • 2 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              A AussieBacon wrote on last edited by
              #26

              Very disappointing season, We can only hope some of what he promised comes to fruition.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Manzier ManzierM
                • 853 Posts
                • 125 Reputation
                ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
                #27

                Im just happy Haslem didnt use the word candidly before every answer

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • darubes D One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 247 Posts
                  • 11 Reputation
                  D darubes wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

                  Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

                  Kool Aid???

                  T 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • D darubes

                    Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

                    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

                    Kool Aid???

                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 23k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                    #29

                    @darubes said:

                    Just when you had a GLIMMER of hope Haslam announces

                    Dee Haslam is on the search committee??? Where's the

                    Kool Aid???

                    No worries. I hear she raises chickens so the picks are in good .......................beaks? 😛

                    And a New Years present for Z too, the newest Magic 8 Ball

                    • 61pWUGpo7qL._SS40_.jpg
                    • 81yFDu273wL._SX522_.jpg
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Z Zombo

                      A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

                      Holy Fuck!

                      None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

                      Please fucking shoot me.

                      I having given 47 years to this franchise.

                      I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

                      Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

                      Please ... fucking shoot me.

                      Zombo

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #30

                      Zombo said:

                      A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

                      Holy Fuck!

                      None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

                      Please fucking shoot me.

                      I having given 47 years to this franchise.

                      I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

                      Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

                      Please ... fucking shoot me.

                      Zombo

                      As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

                      gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                        Zombo said:

                        A search committee of Brown, Haslam, Haslam's wife Dee and Jed Hughes of Korn/Ferry will hire the next coach before bringing in a new GM who will report directly to Brown while lacking control of the 53-man roster.

                        Holy Fuck!

                        None of these guys are football people, one is a housewife, and the GM has no roster control.

                        Please fucking shoot me.

                        I having given 47 years to this franchise.

                        I run a major Browns fan website, I am president of a 260 member Browns Backer fan club, with weekly Browns parties, charity donations and travels, I make at least two expensive trips to Cleveland each year to see the Browns and enjoy the city ... and I am BEGGING somebody to shoot me in the head right now.

                        Jimmy , Sashi, Dee and "Jed" are going to pick a coach and THEN hire an emasculated GM with no roster power?

                        Please ... fucking shoot me.

                        Zombo

                        As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

                        gftChris gftChrisG
                        • 13k Posts
                        • 428 Reputation
                        gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                        #31

                        @the-gipper said:

                        As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

                        If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • gftChrisG gftChris

                          @the-gipper said:

                          As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

                          If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #32

                          @gftchris said:

                          If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

                          Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

                          W The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • gftChris gftChrisG
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 428 Reputation
                            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                            #33

                            I tell you something, I don't expect a big name GM. You may be right about HC, but I'll file that one under 'believe it when I see it'

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 918 Reputation
                              L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
                              #34

                              They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

                              bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • L LondonBrown

                                They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

                                bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                #35

                                @londonbrown said:

                                They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

                                Gase is a big name HC candidate.

                                The GipperT Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • bbedwardB bbedward

                                  @londonbrown said:

                                  They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

                                  Gase is a big name HC candidate.

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  @bbedward said:

                                  Gase is a big name HC candidate.

                                  True......but of course, those are just the first two names to come out of the woodwork. Who knows who else will show up.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • bbedwardB bbedward

                                    @londonbrown said:

                                    They're interviewing Gase and Marrone, that doesn't sound like a big name coach to me

                                    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

                                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                                    #37

                                    @bbedward said:

                                    Gase is a big name HC candidate.

                                    Why?

                                    @brownpile said:

                                    It does appear as if he's going to make the 'modern' mistake of letting the data analyst make the final decisions. Data analytics should be a tool for decision making - not the final authority.

                                    Did I miss a mention of sabermetrics by Haslam?

                                    @manzier said:

                                    Im just happy Haslem didnt use the word candidly before every answer

                                    lol... I'd forgotten about that... good catch.

                                    I will say Jimmah looked tanned and trim... must be spending a lot of time in Bratenahl.

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 9k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                      #38

                                      I guess it depends on how you classify big name candidate. I was never particularly impressed with his Gase because like many, I attributed almost all of his success to the high level of talent the Broncos had and Peyton Manning.

                                      But Gase has been a buzzing name for an HC-gig for awhile, and lined up 3 interviews this week already - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

                                      MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 30k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                        #39

                                        P. Manning was exactly where I was coming from bb....

                                        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • bbedwardB bbedward

                                          I guess it depends on how you classify big name candidate. I was never particularly impressed with his Gase because like many, I attributed almost all of his success to the high level of talent the Broncos had and Peyton Manning.

                                          But Gase has been a buzzing name for an HC-gig for awhile, and lined up 3 interviews this week already - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

                                          Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 7k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                                          #40

                                          @bbedward said:

                                          - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

                                          Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....

                                          Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....

                                          Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......

                                          bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate