Skip to content

RUMORS - browns locked down CHIP KELLY.....

The Browns Board
26 20 1.6k
  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #1

    A few diehard Browns fan friends just sent me a bunch of links to sports sources citing that it's a "done deal" that we're going to sign Chip Kelly as head coach. I hope to god that's not true....

    Not sure how inside these Sports cites are (AC KARMA SPORTS), but it better be bullshit.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Nothing concrete I have read.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Pro Football Talk rumors as well

    ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk
    Plugged-in source just said to keep an eye on Chip Kelly to the Browns.
  • A few diehard Browns fan friends just sent me a bunch of links to sports sources citing that it's a "done deal" that we're going to sign Chip Kelly as head coach. I hope to god that's not true....

    Not sure how inside these Sports cites are (AC KARMA SPORTS), but it better be bullshit.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @stillmotion said:

    A few diehard Browns fan friends just sent me a bunch of links to sports sources citing that it's a "done deal" that we're going to sign Chip Kelly as head coach. I hope to god that's not true....

    Not sure how inside these Sports cites are (AC KARMA SPORTS), but it better be bullshit.

    But didn't you hear Bill Bellichick thinks he's "a great coach"? The way he ran talent out of Philly was worse than Farmer here in Cleveland. I want no part of the guy making personnel moves.

  • @stillmotion said:

    A few diehard Browns fan friends just sent me a bunch of links to sports sources citing that it's a "done deal" that we're going to sign Chip Kelly as head coach. I hope to god that's not true....

    Not sure how inside these Sports cites are (AC KARMA SPORTS), but it better be bullshit.

    But didn't you hear Bill Bellichick thinks he's "a great coach"? The way he ran talent out of Philly was worse than Farmer here in Cleveland. I want no part of the guy making personnel moves.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @hoorta said:

    But didn't you hear Bill Bellichick thinks he's "a great coach"? The way he ran talent out of Philly was worse than Farmer here in Cleveland. I want no part of the guy making personnel moves.

    IF he comes here i'm sure he'll answer to Jed and Dee

  • J Johnny Fingers Farmer wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I guess if you're going to be a shit show be the best shit show you can be. The only thing more awesome than a Chip hire would be if he wore a white hood and robe on the sidelines

  • I guess if you're going to be a shit show be the best shit show you can be. The only thing more awesome than a Chip hire would be if he wore a white hood and robe on the sidelines

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @johnny-fingers-farmer said:

    I guess if you're going to be a shit show be the best shit show you can be. The only thing more awesome than a Chip hire would be if he wore a white hood and robe on the sidelines

    I was with you until the end there. KKK reference? I get the irony, but is there something about Chip Kelly being a racist?

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Yea it was in the news early this year

  • @johnny-fingers-farmer said:

    I guess if you're going to be a shit show be the best shit show you can be. The only thing more awesome than a Chip hire would be if he wore a white hood and robe on the sidelines

    I was with you until the end there. KKK reference? I get the irony, but is there something about Chip Kelly being a racist?

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I was with you until the end there. KKK reference? I get the irony, but is there something about Chip Kelly being a racist?

    There are some rumors...

  • J Johnny Fingers Farmer wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Yeah he had one or more players with the Eagles call him racist. More importantly no players came out in support to deny the accusations. I don't know if he is or not

  • Yeah he had one or more players with the Eagles call him racist. More importantly no players came out in support to deny the accusations. I don't know if he is or not

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @johnny-fingers-farmer said:

    Yeah he had one or more players with the Eagles call him racist. More importantly no players came out in support to deny the accusations. I don't know if he is or not

    Ohh, gotcha. Missed all that. Good lookin out.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Not that I put much stock in it, but there was also the whole "Riley Cooper Goes to a C&W Concert" bit.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Sounds to me like he wants to go to frisco... Thank God!

  • Sounds to me like he wants to go to frisco... Thank God!

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Sounds to me like he wants to go to frisco...

    wouldn't you want to too if you were chip? i mean better weather, better city and all the swingin meat he can handle.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Sounds to me like he wants to go to frisco...

    wouldn't you want to too if you were chip? i mean better weather, better city and all the swingin meat he can handle.

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @miktoxic said:

    wouldn't you want to too if you were chip? i mean better weather, better city and all the swingin meat he can handle.

    Swinging meat! Hahaha

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I think Kylie was right this morning, the next coach in an interim "teaching" coach. Meaning some dude who, I guess, can teach players certain fundamentals they were supposed to have coming out of college. That was my take on what interim teaching cunt meant. In any case, I agree it's some dude to get us to the next dude. Dark ages.

  • I guess if you're going to be a shit show be the best shit show you can be. The only thing more awesome than a Chip hire would be if he wore a white hood and robe on the sidelines

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #17

    @johnny-fingers-farmer said:

    I guess if you're going to be a shit show be the best shit show you can be. The only thing more awesome than a Chip hire would be if he wore a white hood and robe on the sidelines

    I wouldn't call him a racist, don't forget he came from Oregon. But he doesn't understand the politics of coaching in the NFL. In time I'm sure he will. In saying that, I don't want him either. Besides, last I heard (this morning), he was talking with the 49ers.

  • I think Kylie was right this morning, the next coach in an interim "teaching" coach. Meaning some dude who, I guess, can teach players certain fundamentals they were supposed to have coming out of college. That was my take on what interim teaching cunt meant. In any case, I agree it's some dude to get us to the next dude. Dark ages.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @clevfan4life said:

    I think Kylie was right this morning, the next coach in an interim "teaching" coach. Meaning some dude who, I guess, can teach players certain fundamentals they were supposed to have coming out of college. That was my take on what interim teaching cunt meant. In any case, I agree it's some dude to get us to the next dude. Dark ages.

    We've been in the dark ages for 20 years

    Regardless, when you hire a coach you try to get the guy who can do it for 10+ years successfully. There's no interim-guy, it just happens that we haven't found the guy yet or we've already fired him.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I think Kylie was right this morning, the next coach in an interim "teaching" coach. Meaning some dude who, I guess, can teach players certain fundamentals they were supposed to have coming out of college. That was my take on what interim teaching cunt meant. In any case, I agree it's some dude to get us to the next dude. Dark ages.

    We've been in the dark ages for 20 years

    Regardless, when you hire a coach you try to get the guy who can do it for 10+ years successfully. There's no interim-guy, it just happens that we haven't found the guy yet or we've already fired him.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @bbedward said:

    We've been in the dark ages for 20 years

    Regardless, when you hire a coach you try to get the guy who can do it for 10+ years successfully. There's no interim-guy, it just happens that we haven't found the guy yet or we've already fired him.

    I see Pat Shurmur is interviewing in Philadelphia...

  • I think Kylie was right this morning, the next coach in an interim "teaching" coach. Meaning some dude who, I guess, can teach players certain fundamentals they were supposed to have coming out of college. That was my take on what interim teaching cunt meant. In any case, I agree it's some dude to get us to the next dude. Dark ages.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @clevfan4life said:

    I think Kylie was right this morning, the next coach in an interim "teaching" coach. Meaning some dude who, I guess, can teach players certain fundamentals they were supposed to have coming out of college.

    There's already name for those coaches... they are called Position Coaches.