Skip to content

Sean Payton Staying In New Orleans

The Browns Board
48 21 2.0k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I wonder how many people here would tell them 'throw in Drew Brees and we've got a deal'

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Would you be against the Browns reaching for Payton. They want a 2nd rounder for him. And Brees might be shipped too. I'm sure Payton will stay and brees will take a cut. But would you be against bringing them in?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Yes. than hell yes. He was here before with Belicheck. You take your 1st rounder than give NO pick 32 which is a 1st round pick that nobody else can. Sashi & scoutmaster will need a qualified HC to make football decisions & Payton is above our dreams. but Payton will end up with Giants with better player personnel. We qualify for the Dan Campbell's of the world from dolphins, maybe..

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #9

    Throw in Drew Brees? The guy that sucks if the team is not operating at 100%? The guy who is too short to see over the line? That guy?

    And put him on, wait for it, this team?

    Along with a coach that doesn't want to be here? That's brilliant!

    WSS

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I doubt Payton will come here.. Were getting someone from the HS ranks I fear.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Only reason the price is low is probably because Payton doesn't wanna cripple his new team.

    That being said I'd say the likely spot would be Indy.

  • Only reason the price is low is probably because Payton doesn't wanna cripple his new team.

    That being said I'd say the likely spot would be Indy.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @bbedward said:

    Only reason the price is low is probably because Payton doesn't wanna cripple his new team.

    That being said I'd say the likely spot would be Indy.

    Or the Giiants.. he has ties there.

  • Only reason the price is low is probably because Payton doesn't wanna cripple his new team.

    That being said I'd say the likely spot would be Indy.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @bbedward said:

    Only reason the price is low is probably because Payton doesn't wanna cripple his new team.

    That being said I'd say the likely spot would be Indy.

    Payton doesn't have any say in his price... but I agree on Indy... dome sweet dome...

    As for Brees... no one will take on his contract as is with a $30MM cap hit in 2016, so step one is restructuring.

  • Throw in Drew Brees? The guy that sucks if the team is not operating at 100%? The guy who is too short to see over the line? That guy?

    And put him on, wait for it, this team?

    Along with a coach that doesn't want to be here? That's brilliant!

    WSS

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @westside-steve said:

    Throw in Drew Brees? The guy that sucks if the team is not operating at 100%? The guy who is too short to see over the line? That guy?

    And put him on, wait for it, this team?

    Along with a coach that doesn't want to be here? That's brilliant!

    WSS

    That guy has a super bowl ring...our midget can't show up when he's supposed to.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I'd give a 2nd and drunk johnnie for Payton and Brees

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Payton would be my first choice if it were possible. He did rebuild the Saints! The down years for New Orleans have little to do with Payton. They have salary cap issues, high priced veterans etc. getting out of there would be the best thing for Payton. Taking the Browns job would be ideal for him. He would chose his quarterback, system, and plenty of cap space.

    Boy oh boy don't get me started because I know we'll never get him. But what a coup that would be.

  • Payton would be my first choice if it were possible. He did rebuild the Saints! The down years for New Orleans have little to do with Payton. They have salary cap issues, high priced veterans etc. getting out of there would be the best thing for Payton. Taking the Browns job would be ideal for him. He would chose his quarterback, system, and plenty of cap space.

    Boy oh boy don't get me started because I know we'll never get him. But what a coup that would be.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @opal312 said:

    Payton would be my first choice if it were possible. He did rebuild the Saints! The down years for New Orleans have little to do with Payton. They have salary cap issues, high priced veterans etc. getting out of there would be the best thing for Payton. Taking the Browns job would be ideal for him. He would chose his quarterback, system, and plenty of cap space.

    Boy oh boy don't get me started because I know we'll never get him. But what a coup that would be.

    I forgot to mention that Drew Bree's is owed 30 million next year. One of the biggest reasons their defense sucks! Cap room and high priced veterans.

    I'm going to say my Rosary and put a word in for Payton

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I'd be okay with Payton, but only if the Rock is unavailable.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Throw in Drew Brees? The guy that sucks if the team is not operating at 100%? The guy who is too short to see over the line? That guy?

    And put him on, wait for it, this team?

    Along with a coach that doesn't want to be here? That's brilliant!

    WSS

    That guy has a super bowl ring...our midget can't show up when he's supposed to.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mark-o said:

    That guy has a super bowl ring...our midget can't show up when he's supposed to.

    Well then I guess everyone bitching about height is wrong.

    WSS

  • @mark-o said:

    That guy has a super bowl ring...our midget can't show up when he's supposed to.

    Well then I guess everyone bitching about height is wrong.

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @westside-steve said:

    Well then I guess everyone bitching about height is wrong.

    WSS

    Everyone bitching about height is saying successful short QBs are the exception, not the rule. Brees and Wilson are those exceptions.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well then I guess everyone bitching about height is wrong.

    WSS

    Everyone bitching about height is saying successful short QBs are the exception, not the rule. Brees and Wilson are those exceptions.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gftchris said:

    Everyone bitching about height is saying successful short QBs are the exception, not the rule. Brees and Wilson are those exceptions.

    I think you may be sugar coating the insults but....

    More often my point is proven that shity teams have unsuccessful quarterbacks no matter how tall they are. I would bet dollars to dog sgit that Drew Brees would suck canal water with Mike Pettineso Browns.

    WSS

  • @gftchris said:

    Everyone bitching about height is saying successful short QBs are the exception, not the rule. Brees and Wilson are those exceptions.

    I think you may be sugar coating the insults but....

    More often my point is proven that shity teams have unsuccessful quarterbacks no matter how tall they are. I would bet dollars to dog sgit that Drew Brees would suck canal water with Mike Pettineso Browns.

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @westside-steve said:

    I think you may be sugar coating the insults but....

    More often my point is proven that shity teams have unsuccessful quarterbacks no matter how tall they are. I would bet dollars to dog sgit that Drew Brees would suck canal water with Mike Pettineso Browns.

    WSS

    You could say that about just about any QB outside of about 3 guys. Put Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Eli Manning or any of a number of guys back there and you have the same issue of being able to repeat the success outside of that bubble.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Exactly true. Yet we obsess.

    WSS

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #24

    If you even have an outside shot at Payton go for it.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Been thinking about Payton. I like this idea a lot. He's a great coach and has won. Also with his ties within the coaching and players and he can shuffle a roster. He took a losing team and took them to the SB. That's what the Browns need.

    Also Payton has a demeamer about himself people enjoy. A school kid approach to football wearing baseball caps in a town eager to win would be awesome. Much better than a wannabe badass.