Sean Payton Staying In New Orleans
-
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14515792/sean-payton-remain-head-coach-new-orleans-saints
Pagano staying in Indy.
Payton staying in NOLA
That reduces the field of teams looking for HCs.......though a major surprise came up in Tampa....though it seems they have their man in mind to promote from within. They just need to do the token thing under the Rooney rule.
-
I guess that means the Saints are going to the Superbowl this year.
WSS
nope. but at least they won a superbowl.. more than what this fucking shitass team has done. we havn't even been to a superbowl.
-
If so maybe he can do it for his own fucking Tim instead of getting fired or run out of town.
NaturallySpeaking?
-
If so maybe he can do it for his own fucking Tim instead of getting fired or run out of town.
NaturallySpeaking?
-
-
As a theater major I minored in speech and speech therapy. Our dialect in Ohio is known as general American which is the one that newscasters in just about every part of the country strive for.lol... Must be your Ohio accent...
But my eyesight is shitty and I'm too lazy to proofread!

WSS
-
-
Sean Payton needs to find him a badass defensive coordinator, that's the bottom line. This guy won a freaking Superbowl. It's so strange to me that teams will fire coaches that won a damn SUPER BOWL. Tom Coughlin? Yeah, that guy won TWO. Sure they underperformed this year, but they lost about 7 games in the fourth quarter, some at the very end. I guess you could say they could be the coach's fault, but the players might disagree. I'd take Tom Coughlin in a skinny second, although a guy like that wouldn't come to Cleveland in a million years, and who could blame him. From what I understand, Tom is an asshole to work for, but he gets results. He works the players VERY hard in practice, and that's something we need. The impression I got when he "retired" was that the players were extremely sad and felt they failed him. That's respect.
The Saints made the right move. Suppose they fired Payton...who would they replace him with? Another coach that won a Superbowl? I doubt it. But again, a coach needs excellent coordinators, and last year he had Rob Ryan. Several people on this board disagree with me, but I feel (and several analysts feel the same way) that the Rex Ryan defense is outdated and overly complicated. Yes, I realize there are differences between Rex, Rob, and Pettine, but there are also similarities. The biggest similarity is, they give up a shitload of points and yards. I think their schemes could work if you have the right level of talent on board, but that's not the case. I think Brees still has a few years left in the tank, and if the Saints can grab a stud DC, they'll be back in the playoffs next year. Not just because they're a talented group, but mainly because their division is very weak.
-
Not going to claim this as gospel, but going back to his Cleveland days through his NOLA, I've never felt Rob's D was close to Rex's.
Always felt Rob could make due with a lot less talent on D so long as the players were smart enough. Lack of talent was certainly a feature of the NOLA D.
Thought just hit me that the CBA's practice limitations may have made it nearly impossible to install and maintain a complex D today...
-
Not going to claim this as gospel, but going back to his Cleveland days through his NOLA, I've never felt Rob's D was close to Rex's.
Always felt Rob could make due with a lot less talent on D so long as the players were smart enough. Lack of talent was certainly a feature of the NOLA D.
Thought just hit me that the CBA's practice limitations may have made it nearly impossible to install and maintain a complex D today...
Thought just hit me that the CBA's practice limitations may have made it nearly impossible to install and maintain a complex D today...
Yep....definitely diminishes what you can practice and prepare for......just a few reps are allowed. so most stuff is learned in the class room and only gets applied during games....
Notice how new coach speak always refers to "the room", instead of anything else.....
The QB room is blah blah....the LB room blah blah....
That cause thats where they live now.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login