Skip to content

What other coaches have left the Browns ?

The Browns Board
9 9 419
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I can't seem to find anything on O'Neil, Flip etc

    Are they still here for now?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #2

    That'll come out in the wash. Haslam said last night some would stay some would not, but he hasn't spoken to them yet so wouldn't give specifics.

    I suspect the D staff will be mostly gone, if not all, while the O staff remains somewhat intact.

    Which then lends itself to a D minded head coach - so not Kelly or Peyton, for a start.

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Tabor will probably stay.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #4

    The entire staff is still with the team.

    After the new coach and GM come in they will interview everybody on down - which is usually more of a courtesy than anything.

    Then they'll all get the can since everybody already has "their own guys" in mind for the staff.

    Except Tabor, because nobody seems to care about special teams. Some position coaches may also stay - but that'd depend on how they line up with whoever the coordinators are.

    I could see Flip staying, but it's likely a long shot. I'd like to see that continuity since we over achieved by all metrics on offense given the circumstances - but usually the HC always picks his own guys.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Agree with the new HC adding the coordinators first... who then get involved with picking their respective staffs.

    If we hire an offensive minded HC, Flip's chances are not good...

    ... even though having worked for a defensive minded HC our inability to score was all the HC's fault.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Marty Schottenheimer left the Browns once.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I predicted three days ago Marrone would be HC, Shwartz would be defensive coordinator.

  • The entire staff is still with the team.

    After the new coach and GM come in they will interview everybody on down - which is usually more of a courtesy than anything.

    Then they'll all get the can since everybody already has "their own guys" in mind for the staff.

    Except Tabor, because nobody seems to care about special teams. Some position coaches may also stay - but that'd depend on how they line up with whoever the coordinators are.

    I could see Flip staying, but it's likely a long shot. I'd like to see that continuity since we over achieved by all metrics on offense given the circumstances - but usually the HC always picks his own guys.

    J Johnny Fingers Farmer wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @bbedward said:

    The entire staff is still with the team.

    After the new coach and GM come in they will interview everybody on down - which is usually more of a courtesy than anything.

    Then they'll all get the can since everybody already has "their own guys" in mind for the staff.

    Except Tabor, because nobody seems to care about special teams. Some position coaches may also stay - but that'd depend on how they line up with whoever the coordinators are.

    I could see Flip staying, but it's likely a long shot. I'd like to see that continuity since we over achieved by all metrics on offense given the circumstances - but usually the HC always picks his own guys.

    I guess we'll have to wait until these guys check their email

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Brian Schottenheimer just left Georgia.