Skip to content

Browns Board Mock Draft

The Browns Board
856 22 20.5k
  • Trade between pats and Bears sends Pats 4th rounder to Bears and Bears 6th rounder plus TE Martellus Bennett (Michael's brother) goes to the Pats. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645101/article/martellus-bennett-traded-by-bears-to-patriots

    derren you will need to make the changes to those rounds.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Trade between pats and Bears sends Pats 4th rounder to Bears and Bears 6th rounder plus TE Martellus Bennett (Michael's brother) goes to the Pats. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645101/article/martellus-bennett-traded-by-bears-to-patriots

    derren you will need to make the changes to those rounds.

    OK thanks .........watch for it in case I forget 🙂

  • Well with so many holes to fill I was unsure whether to go O line, Wide Receiver or Linebacker so I after much deliberation went for another piece on the defense ....we have Bosa rushing the QB from the end and this guy rushing the QB from the OLB position

    With the 32nd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select - Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia

    @darren15 said:

    Well with so many holes to fill I was unsure whether to go O line, Wide Receiver or Linebacker so I after much deliberation went for another piece on the defense ....we have Bosa rushing the QB from the end and this guy rushing the QB from the OLB position

    With the 32nd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select - Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia

    Mingo V2.0 ?

    BOTTOM LINE

    Floyd is painfully thin and will struggle to matchup with the strength of NFL players, but he is rangy in space, plays with a good motor and has traits as a pass rusher that would be a mistake to ignore. Floyds ability to cover close to five yards in three strides is rare for edge rushers. Add to that his inside counter and ability to play in space and you have a prospect who will be heavily scrutinized. Floyds lack of functionality could limit him to sub­-packages unless he proves he can add more beef to his frame.

  • @darren15 said:

    Well with so many holes to fill I was unsure whether to go O line, Wide Receiver or Linebacker so I after much deliberation went for another piece on the defense ....we have Bosa rushing the QB from the end and this guy rushing the QB from the OLB position

    With the 32nd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select - Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia

    Mingo V2.0 ?

    BOTTOM LINE

    Floyd is painfully thin and will struggle to matchup with the strength of NFL players, but he is rangy in space, plays with a good motor and has traits as a pass rusher that would be a mistake to ignore. Floyds ability to cover close to five yards in three strides is rare for edge rushers. Add to that his inside counter and ability to play in space and you have a prospect who will be heavily scrutinized. Floyds lack of functionality could limit him to sub­-packages unless he proves he can add more beef to his frame.

    @tour2ma said:

    Mingo V2.0 ?

    BOTTOM LINE

    Floyd is painfully thin and will struggle to matchup with the strength of NFL players, but he is rangy in space, plays with a good motor and has traits as a pass rusher that would be a mistake to ignore. Floyds ability to cover close to five yards in three strides is rare for edge rushers. Add to that his inside counter and ability to play in space and you have a prospect who will be heavily scrutinized. Floyds lack of functionality could limit him to sub­-packages unless he proves he can add more beef to his frame.

    The dreaded tweener.
  • Lots of drafts do not have him going outside the top 15 .....so to get him at 32 makes sense analytically 🙂

  • Who's gonna do it? The COWBOYS gonna do it!

    Cowboys select Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame

    Someone had to arrest that slide, and even if he's never 100%, his instincts and football IQ make him a solid player from round 2.

  • Panthers almost did it with Thomas Davis aging & contract up in 18 & JJ Klien up in 17. Dallas LB's can't stay on the field now with injuries..Good Luck, Good Pick, they will need him in 17.

  • Who's gonna do it? The COWBOYS gonna do it!

    Cowboys select Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame

    Someone had to arrest that slide, and even if he's never 100%, his instincts and football IQ make him a solid player from round 2.

    @gftchris said:

    Who's gonna do it? The COWBOYS gonna do it!

    Cowboys select Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame

    Someone had to arrest that slide, and even if he's never 100%, his instincts and football IQ make him a solid player from round 2.

    I thought long and hard about taking him, but the MD reports look pretty bleak toward permanent nerve damage to the point he may never do more that walk fast, Damage is far worse than the guy we took late last year. However, there is this.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639790/article/nfl-clubs-on-jaylon-smiths-knee-injury-its-bad

    Medical recheck in early April.

  • Yeah...it's a mock draft 😉

  • With the 35th pick in the 2016 NFL draft the San Diego Chargers select Michael Thomas WR THE Ohio State University

    CD15 and the Purple Homos are on the clock

  • Yeah...it's a mock draft 😉

    @gftchris said:

    Yeah...it's a mock draft 😉

    LOL. I came within a coin flip of taking him myself, but I could here Farmer in the background saying something about lack of receivers killing his career. 😁

  • I messaged CD but he did not pick in round one and we gave him 2 days......not sure if he is away and has been on the website in a while .......

    We are making good time tho....starting the draft 3 weeks earlier and we got through round 1 quite quickly ...we should easily get all 7 rounds in.

  • Well with so many holes to fill I was unsure whether to go O line, Wide Receiver or Linebacker so I after much deliberation went for another piece on the defense ....we have Bosa rushing the QB from the end and this guy rushing the QB from the OLB position

    With the 32nd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select - Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia

    @darren15 said:

    Well with so many holes to fill I was unsure whether to go O line, Wide Receiver or Linebacker so I after much deliberation went for another piece on the defense ....we have Bosa rushing the QB from the end and this guy rushing the QB from the OLB position

    With the 32nd pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select - Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia

    Since we picked up 2 LBs in FA, plus the edge rusher in round 1, I may have gone for the WR. But, I understand.....get a killer defense, and offense will come along.

  • Best Available, per CBS Sports:

    1. Corey Coleman WR Baylor

    2. Ryan Kelly OC Alabama

    3. Jason Spriggs OT Indiana

    4. Vernon Butler DT La. Tech

    5. Kenny Clark DT UCLA

    6. Cody Whitehair OG Kansas St.

    7. Connor Cook QB Mich. St.

    8. Jonathan Bulliard DE Florida

    9. Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M

    10. Tyler Boyd WR Pitt

    9. Austin Johnson DT Penn St.

    10. Kendell Fuller CB Va. Tech

  • darren-if cdl15 hasn't shown by 1pm est, just go ahead. Would anyone else like to take over 1 or both for cdl15 from now on? Does not appear to be checking in for some reason.

    His last post was Mar 11 and the one prior to that was Feb 9. He's just not coming on.

  • darren-if cdl15 hasn't shown by 1pm est, just go ahead. Would anyone else like to take over 1 or both for cdl15 from now on? Does not appear to be checking in for some reason.

    His last post was Mar 11 and the one prior to that was Feb 9. He's just not coming on.

    @texasag1969 said:

    darren-if cdl15 hasn't shown by 1pm est, just go ahead. Would anyone else like to take over 1 or both for cdl15 from now on? Does not appear to be checking in for some reason.

    His last post was Mar 11 and the one prior to that was Feb 9. He's just not coming on.

    Yes anyone with one pick can add a second one....let me know and I will change it .....if nobody replies soon I will pick and then see if I can get takers for round 3

  • With it falling like this I could see a Kenny Clark or Cody Whitehair going there (Osmeli replacement).

  • OK lets move on.....I will take your pick of Whitehair for the Ravens and then I will make a pick for 49rs.

    Baltimore Ravens select Cody Whitehair - OG - Kansas State

    San Francisco need help on the O line, a pass rusher and at linebacker as well as at WR.

    San Francisco 49rs select Jonathan Bullard - DE - Florida

  • Jacksonville need a center and I am taking who is in my opinion the best center in the draft ....and it is not the guy from Alabama

    Jacksonville Jaguars Select - Nick Martin - C - Notre Dame

  • Quiet in here today then I realized it is the day everyone becomes Irish for the day ......my great great grandfather had a Guinness in Dublin in 1904 so that makes me Irish 🙂

  • Quiet in here today then I realized it is the day everyone becomes Irish for the day ......my great great grandfather had a Guinness in Dublin in 1904 so that makes me Irish 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    Quiet in here today then I realized it is the day everyone becomes Irish for the day ......my great great grandfather had a Guinness in Dublin in 1904 so that makes me Irish 🙂

    That and the whole tournament thing.