Lovie Smith Fired
-
At least we aren't the only 2 and done team
-
I guess stats don't mean everything.......
Bucs had the #5 offense in the NFL and the #10 defense
-
Smith just got dismissed by the Buccaneers. You think the brain trust will bring him in to interview?
-
I'd love him. With guys like Gordon, Gilbert, etc I think he'd be great
-
I live down in Tampa Bay and this is the first I heard of it. This came out of nowhere! I listen to sports talk all the time and there weren't even rumours of firing Smith. I bet they lined up Chip Kelly and decided to let Lovie go. Why else? His record stunk but I thought he'd get a pass playing a rookie QB. Anyway, that gives Browns another candidate to interview.
Anyone criticizing the Browns for firing coaches should look to Tampa first. Greg Schiano got 2 years, Lovie 2 yrs and they're the organization that fired Dungy. Gruden took all of Dungy's draft picks and won a Super Bowl.
I liked Lovie. Hope he gets a shot to at least interview with Cleveland!
-
What kills me is Smith was taking the team in the right direction. It was lousy when he came here. They drafted Winston and Ali Marpet and needed pieces for the defense in this years draft. Wow! I can't believe they fired him. There were no signs, no rumours, nothing that even said he was on the hot seat.
I've lived here long enough to know the Glazers are a little tiched in the head. They fire coaches even when the team is starting to improve! Crazy!
We could do worse than Lovie if Gase, Jackson, and Patricia take other jobs. The Bucs loss is definitely someone else's gain. The Glazers screwed Dungy and Imwould not be surprised if they lined up Chip Kelly or someone else and then fired Smith.
Who knows?
-
Wow this is one no one expected. Love pissed somebody off no doubt.
-
So...everyone bitching about firing Pettine after 2 seasons....going from 7 -9 to 3 - 13....that doesn't look so terribly disfunctional now, does it? Lovie Smith was showing progress and Pettine was going in the wrong direction. Sure, a lot of different variables, but it's the bottom line that counts. I would take Lovie Smith here yesterday.
-
So...everyone bitching about firing Pettine after 2 seasons....going from 7 -9 to 3 - 13....that doesn't look so terribly disfunctional now, does it? Lovie Smith was showing progress and Pettine was going in the wrong direction. Sure, a lot of different variables, but it's the bottom line that counts. I would take Lovie Smith here yesterday.
So...everyone bitching about firing Pettine after 2 seasons....going from 7 -9 to 3 - 13....that doesn't look so terribly disfunctional now, does it?
LOL... sorry, but the L. Smith firing doesn't make the Browns look any less dysfunctional.
I'd hire Smith in a heartbeat if the story is true.
-
how in the world? If this is true, Tampa's fixin to become the next Browns.
-
Living in Florida, I have several friends that are diehard Bucs fans, and even though I order the Ticket, I still watch a ton of their games. The prevailing feeling from my friends was that the Bucs managed to win games DESPITE Lovie Smith, and they thought he was a subpar coach. The Bucs must have their eye on someone.
-
Living in Florida, I have several friends that are diehard Bucs fans, and even though I order the Ticket, I still watch a ton of their games. The prevailing feeling from my friends was that the Bucs managed to win games DESPITE Lovie Smith, and they thought he was a subpar coach. The Bucs must have their eye on someone.
Living in Florida, I have several friends that are diehard Bucs fans, and even though I order the Ticket, I still watch a ton of their games. The prevailing feeling from my friends was that the Bucs managed to win games DESPITE Lovie Smith, and they thought he was a subpar coach. The Bucs must have their eye on someone.
you don't fall ass backwards into a win in the NFL. Not very often at least.
-
-
I hear the Bucs are pretty high on the OC, and that he will get the job, but IDK much of the details???
-
people love lovie cuz his name is lovie.
in the same vain as i like patricia cuz she looks tough.
GTFO.
-
Koetter is apparently getting interest from other teams. He did bring the #5 offense to the Bucs. The Bucs have not granted anyone permission to speak with Koetter. The trainwreck was the defense side of the ball, Lovie's supposed forte.. Blowing that huge lead to Washington should have gotten him canned on the spot..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
