Skip to content

Lovie Smith Fired

The Browns Board
26 20 1.4k
  • I hear the Bucs are pretty high on the OC, and that he will get the job, but IDK much of the details???

  • So...everyone bitching about firing Pettine after 2 seasons....going from 7 -9 to 3 - 13....that doesn't look so terribly disfunctional now, does it? Lovie Smith was showing progress and Pettine was going in the wrong direction. Sure, a lot of different variables, but it's the bottom line that counts. I would take Lovie Smith here yesterday.

  • So...everyone bitching about firing Pettine after 2 seasons....going from 7 -9 to 3 - 13....that doesn't look so terribly disfunctional now, does it? Lovie Smith was showing progress and Pettine was going in the wrong direction. Sure, a lot of different variables, but it's the bottom line that counts. I would take Lovie Smith here yesterday.

    @lodilobo said:

    So...everyone bitching about firing Pettine after 2 seasons....going from 7 -9 to 3 - 13....that doesn't look so terribly disfunctional now, does it?

    LOL... sorry, but the L. Smith firing doesn't make the Browns look any less dysfunctional.

    I'd hire Smith in a heartbeat if the story is true.

  • how in the world? If this is true, Tampa's fixin to become the next Browns.

  • Living in Florida, I have several friends that are diehard Bucs fans, and even though I order the Ticket, I still watch a ton of their games. The prevailing feeling from my friends was that the Bucs managed to win games DESPITE Lovie Smith, and they thought he was a subpar coach. The Bucs must have their eye on someone.

  • This came out of the blue.. No one saw it coming..

    It's got to be Koetter

  • Living in Florida, I have several friends that are diehard Bucs fans, and even though I order the Ticket, I still watch a ton of their games. The prevailing feeling from my friends was that the Bucs managed to win games DESPITE Lovie Smith, and they thought he was a subpar coach. The Bucs must have their eye on someone.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Living in Florida, I have several friends that are diehard Bucs fans, and even though I order the Ticket, I still watch a ton of their games. The prevailing feeling from my friends was that the Bucs managed to win games DESPITE Lovie Smith, and they thought he was a subpar coach. The Bucs must have their eye on someone.

    you don't fall ass backwards into a win in the NFL. Not very often at least.

  • AxeA Axe

    This came out of the blue.. No one saw it coming..

    It's got to be Koetter

    @axe said:

    This came out of the blue.. No one saw it coming..

    It's got to be Koetter

    It is the Porn Star Dirk Diggler.....err Koetter.

    boogie-nights-end-scene.jpg?w=650

  • Chip Kelly...

  • I hear the Bucs are pretty high on the OC, and that he will get the job, but IDK much of the details???

    Whoever told Mark Wahlberg he could act?

    @bammer said:

    I hear the Bucs are pretty high on the OC, and that he will get the job, but IDK much of the details???

    Only way that makes sense is if the OC was poised to go somewhere else...

  • people love lovie cuz his name is lovie.

    in the same vain as i like patricia cuz she looks tough.

    GTFO.

  • Koetter is apparently getting interest from other teams. He did bring the #5 offense to the Bucs. The Bucs have not granted anyone permission to speak with Koetter. The trainwreck was the defense side of the ball, Lovie's supposed forte.. Blowing that huge lead to Washington should have gotten him canned on the spot..

  • I live down in Tampa Bay and this is the first I heard of it. This came out of nowhere! I listen to sports talk all the time and there weren't even rumours of firing Smith. I bet they lined up Chip Kelly and decided to let Lovie go. Why else? His record stunk but I thought he'd get a pass playing a rookie QB. Anyway, that gives Browns another candidate to interview.

    Anyone criticizing the Browns for firing coaches should look to Tampa first. Greg Schiano got 2 years, Lovie 2 yrs and they're the organization that fired Dungy. Gruden took all of Dungy's draft picks and won a Super Bowl.

    I liked Lovie. Hope he gets a shot to at least interview with Cleveland!

    @opal312 said:

    I live down in Tampa Bay and this is the first I heard of it. This came out of nowhere! I listen to sports talk all the time and there weren't even rumours of firing Smith. I bet they lined up Chip Kelly and decided to let Lovie go. Why else? His record stunk but I thought he'd get a pass playing a rookie QB. Anyway, that gives Browns another candidate to interview.

    Anyone criticizing the Browns for firing coaches should look to Tampa first. Greg Schiano got 2 years, Lovie 2 yrs and they're the organization that fired Dungy. Gruden took all of Dungy's draft picks and won a Super Bowl.

    I liked Lovie. Hope he gets a shot to at least interview with Cleveland!

    this is my last shot at rooting for this team the since 1962. there is nothing out there better than lovie right now...i think he is a very good coach and if we don't go after him and end up with some shitass coordinator with no experience, thats it for me....screw this piece of shit stinko organization...GO AFTER LOVIE SMITH AND LAND HIM. SOMEHOW...

  • Colin Cowherd had a great rant about how teams can spend millions on everything but quality coaching and they just keep recycling the same stiffs over and over.

    His quote was..any loser team that doesnt pay Saban or some of these other amazing college coaches 10mil to come coach are stupid. Why they go cheap on these guys is amazing.

  • Colin Cowherd had a great rant about how teams can spend millions on everything but quality coaching and they just keep recycling the same stiffs over and over.

    His quote was..any loser team that doesnt pay Saban or some of these other amazing college coaches 10mil to come coach are stupid. Why they go cheap on these guys is amazing.

    @kvoethe said:

    Colin Cowherd had a great rant about how teams can spend millions on everything but ...they just keep recycling the same stiffs over and over.

    HA!....Colin Coward..... Id say the same about the radio and sports talk in general....😉

  • AxeA Axe

    Koetter is apparently getting interest from other teams. He did bring the #5 offense to the Bucs. The Bucs have not granted anyone permission to speak with Koetter. The trainwreck was the defense side of the ball, Lovie's supposed forte.. Blowing that huge lead to Washington should have gotten him canned on the spot..

    @axe said:

    1. Koetter is apparently getting interest from other teams. He did bring the #5 offense to the Bucs. The Bucs have not granted anyone permission to speak with Koetter.

    2. The trainwreck was the defense side of the ball, Lovie's supposed forte.. Blowing that huge lead to Washington should have gotten him canned on the spot..

    1. There it is...

    2. Sounds familiar...