Skip to content

Pro Football Hall of Fame Finalists

The Browns Board
7 5 377
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Here are the Finalists that will be eligible to make the Hall of Fame this year.....to be named the day before the Super Bowl:

    Morten Andersen K

    Steve Atwater S

    Don Coryell Coach

    Terrell Davis RB

    Tony Dungy Coach

    Alan Faneca OG

    Brett Favre QB

    Kevin Greene LB/DE

    Marvin Harrison WR

    Joe Jacoby OT

    Edgerrin James RB

    John Lynch FS

    Terrell Owens WR

    Orlando Pace OT

    Kurt Warner QB

    Ken Stabler QB

    Dick Stanfel OG

    Eddie DeBartolo Owner

    Anywhere from 4 to 8 can be elected.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Since a max of 8 can get in....here are my 8 choices:

    Brett Favre

    Orlando Pace

    Alan Faneca

    Ken Stabler

    Dick Stanfel

    Don Coryell

    Marvin Harrison

    Kurt Warner

    Not that the others are not deserving eventually....but I am listing my preferences.

    A few comments:

    I know I have 3 QBs. Favre and Stabler need to go in. Warner could wait.....he was like my 8th pick....but I still think he deserves to go in.

    Dungy is only on the list because he is black and well liked. I do not think for a moment if he were white that he would smell the HOF. Sorry...that is just the truth as I see it.

    T.O. certainly deserves to go in....but we have seen lately that these WRs have to wait their turn. Chris Carter waited, Andre Reed waited, Tim Brown waited. TO can wait. I believe it is Harrison's turn. He has waited a couple of years.

    I am not exactly sure why Kevin Greene keeps making the finals list. I know he was good, but I don't recall him as being that much more outstanding than some of his contemporaries. Maybe someone needs to let me see the numbers.

    Lynch and Atwater, both Bronco DBs. Hard to choose between them.

    Eddie Money probably deserves it as much as any owner....but he had his shady dealings which hurt him.

  • Since a max of 8 can get in....here are my 8 choices:

    Brett Favre

    Orlando Pace

    Alan Faneca

    Ken Stabler

    Dick Stanfel

    Don Coryell

    Marvin Harrison

    Kurt Warner

    Not that the others are not deserving eventually....but I am listing my preferences.

    A few comments:

    I know I have 3 QBs. Favre and Stabler need to go in. Warner could wait.....he was like my 8th pick....but I still think he deserves to go in.

    Dungy is only on the list because he is black and well liked. I do not think for a moment if he were white that he would smell the HOF. Sorry...that is just the truth as I see it.

    T.O. certainly deserves to go in....but we have seen lately that these WRs have to wait their turn. Chris Carter waited, Andre Reed waited, Tim Brown waited. TO can wait. I believe it is Harrison's turn. He has waited a couple of years.

    I am not exactly sure why Kevin Greene keeps making the finals list. I know he was good, but I don't recall him as being that much more outstanding than some of his contemporaries. Maybe someone needs to let me see the numbers.

    Lynch and Atwater, both Bronco DBs. Hard to choose between them.

    Eddie Money probably deserves it as much as any owner....but he had his shady dealings which hurt him.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @the-gipper said:

    Since a max of 8 can get in....here are my 8 choices:

    Brett Favre

    Orlando Pace

    Alan Faneca

    Ken Stabler

    Dick Stanfel

    Don Coryell

    Marvin Harrison

    Kurt Warner

    Not that the others are not deserving eventually....but I am listing my preferences.

    A few comments:

    I know I have 3 QBs. Favre and Stabler need to go in. Warner could wait.....he was like my 8th pick....but I still think he deserves to go in.

    Dungy is only on the list because he is black and well liked. I do not think for a moment if he were white that he would smell the HOF. Sorry...that is just the truth as I see it.

    T.O. certainly deserves to go in....but we have seen lately that these WRs have to wait their turn. Chris Carter waited, Andre Reed waited, Tim Brown waited. TO can wait. I believe it is Harrison's turn. He has waited a couple of years.

    I am not exactly sure why Kevin Greene keeps making the finals list. I know he was good, but I don't recall him as being that much more outstanding than some of his contemporaries. Maybe someone needs to let me see the numbers.

    Lynch and Atwater, both Bronco DBs. Hard to choose between them.

    Eddie Money probably deserves it as much as any owner....but he had his shady dealings which hurt him.

    Not around here. He rested his regulars in week 17 2007, lost to the Titans & Browns were out.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #4

    1.Steve Atwater S ( how is this guy still not in?), 2. Brett Favre QB. 3. Allen Faneca OG (as a jet only). 4. WR Marvin Harrison. 5. Joe Jacoby OT. 6. Orlando Pace OT. 7. John Lynch FS (this bitch could bang) 8. Don "Air" Coryell coach (far better than Dungy), hope Coryell is alive to see it? Morton Andersen K & Dick Stanfel OG my 2 sleepers. MY Halftime entertainment AC/DC!! opening with Who made Who...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Steve Atwater S - "Are you cryin', baby?"

    Don Coryell Coach - great innovator

    Edgerrin James RB - 15,000+ all-purpose yards? Yeah, that'll work

    Alan Faneca OG - long career at very high level

    John Lynch FS - more SS, than FS... made the Tampa 2 work.

    Orlando Pace OT - One of the top three OTs of all-time

    Kurt Warner QB - amazing overachiever

    Favre can eat my shorts...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #6

    OK, you want to talk about analytics?

    A lot of analytics goes into the decisions made about who should go into the HOF.

    The PFR "Career Average" stat is all about statistics and applying analytics to a players career.

    Here is a link to the list:

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_career.htm

    Note that of the Top 75 players in CA....all but 5 that are eligible are in the HOF:

    Jim Marshall

    Ken Anderson

    Zach Thomas

    John Hadl

    Vinny Testaverde.

    In my opinion, the only reason Jim Marshall is not in the HOF is because the voters don't want to put the entire Vikings line in the HOF since Alan Page and Carl Eller are already in. (the same can be said about the Steel Curtain: They didn't want to put LC Greenwood in. Same for Doomsday: Randy White and Bob Lilly in....but not Too Tall Jones. Marshall has a better case. (he has better numbers than Michael Strahan, who was elected last year)

    I think winning no titles hurt both Anderson and Hadl. As for Vinny, I think they see that he had a long long career and accumulated a lot of numbers, but he was rightly not seen as an elite QB. (same for Bledsoe)

    Zach Thomas? Not sure.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #7


    Steve Atwater S


    Terrell Davis RB


    Brett Favre QB


    Joe Jacoby OT


    Terrell Owens WR


    Kurt Warner QB



    Dick Stanfel OG


    Eddie DeBartolo Owner