Skip to content

looking like were out on 2

The Browns Board
42 18 1.9k
  • We had no shot at either of those guys. They are writing their own tickets.

    We need a guy that is into analytics, doesn't mind having three or more bosses and is ok with no franchise QB in place.

    He's going to be a position coach that our headhunting firm will like the cut of his jib.

    Z

  • Don't worry, I'm all in for Patricia.

    The other guys are Rooney rule requirements and to make us look objective.

    Patty is our guy though - I get the feeling we already know that.

  • We had no shot at either of those guys. They are writing their own tickets.

    We need a guy that is into analytics, doesn't mind having three or more bosses and is ok with no franchise QB in place.

    He's going to be a position coach that our headhunting firm will like the cut of his jib.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We had no shot at either of those guys. They are writing their own tickets.

    We need a guy that is into analytics, doesn't mind having three or more bosses and is ok with no franchise QB in place.

    He's going to be a position coach that our headhunting firm will like the cut of his jib.

    Z

    Ive been lol'ing for minutes. Cause it's so true, these last couple coaches...i never really liked the cut of their jibs. Really didn't.

  • Oh well. Still good candidates out there.

  • Don't worry, I'm all in for Patricia.

    The other guys are Rooney rule requirements and to make us look objective.

    Patty is our guy though - I get the feeling we already know that.

    @bbedward said:

    Don't worry, I'm all in for Patricia.

    The other guys are Rooney rule requirements and to make us look objective.

    Patty is our guy though - I get the feeling we already know that.

    Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

    Hue has the right hue if you get my drift to get around the Rooney rule.

    Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

  • @bbedward said:

    Don't worry, I'm all in for Patricia.

    The other guys are Rooney rule requirements and to make us look objective.

    Patty is our guy though - I get the feeling we already know that.

    Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

    Hue has the right hue if you get my drift to get around the Rooney rule.

    Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

    @hoorta said:

    Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

    Hue has the right hue if you get my drift to get around the Rooney rule.

    Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

    Can we get Barry Bonds as QB

  • IM hoping its a offensive coach the defensive coach just hasnt worked out for us the whole play like a brown kick field goals crap.

  • @bbedward said:

    Don't worry, I'm all in for Patricia.

    The other guys are Rooney rule requirements and to make us look objective.

    Patty is our guy though - I get the feeling we already know that.

    Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

    Hue has the right hue if you get my drift to get around the Rooney rule.

    Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

    @hoorta said:

    Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

    Hue has the right hue if you get my drift to get around the Rooney rule.

    Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

    I don't think it matters much - there's successful defensive head coaches and successful offensive ones.

    Just gotta get the right guy. Patty is the analytical guy they're looking for I suspect.

    Hue is probably the top candidate period, he'll pick wherever he wants and it won't be Cleveland I suspect.

  • @hoorta said:

    Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

    Hue has the right hue if you get my drift to get around the Rooney rule.

    Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

    Can we get Barry Bonds as QB

    @darren15 said:

    Can we get Barry Bonds as QB

    I don't think we could find a helmet big enough to fit his head literally and figuratively.

  • Gase confirmed in Miami

  • Have the Browns interviewed Hue Jackson as of today? I heard he was interviewing with San Francisco. I also heard he likes Kaepernick.

  • Hue is interviewing today with the Browns, but I think he's going to be the 9ers' next head coach.... Dude liked his time in the Bay area, and is going back.

  • Hue is interviewing today with the Browns, but I think he's going to be the 9ers' next head coach.... Dude liked his time in the Bay area, and is going back.

    @d-bone said:

    Hue is interviewing today with the Browns, but I think he's going to be the 9ers' next head coach.... Dude liked his time in the Bay area, and is going back.

    What was the reaction with 9ers media out their after C. Kelly interview?

  • Based on reports, seems like Hue to SF is a done deal.

  • @d-bone said:

    Hue is interviewing today with the Browns, but I think he's going to be the 9ers' next head coach.... Dude liked his time in the Bay area, and is going back.

    What was the reaction with 9ers media out their after C. Kelly interview?

    @gumby73 said:

    What was the reaction with 9ers media out their after C. Kelly interview?

    I'm not sure gumby as I'm in SoCal.

  • Here we go again. I remember after the Chud firing the laundry list of great coaches to pick from but unfortunately almost all of them either went to other teams or told the Browns they weren't interested. I would have liked to see us give Pet another year, fire Farmer and O'neil and just start from there.

  • Here we go again. I remember after the Chud firing the laundry list of great coaches to pick from but unfortunately almost all of them either went to other teams or told the Browns they weren't interested. I would have liked to see us give Pet another year, fire Farmer and O'neil and just start from there.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Here we go again. I remember after the Chud firing the laundry list of great coaches to pick from but unfortunately almost all of them either went to other teams or told the Browns they weren't interested. I would have liked to see us give Pet another year, fire Farmer and O'neil and just start from there.

    As far as I can tell, all of our top candidates are still available

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    Here we go again. I remember after the Chud firing the laundry list of great coaches to pick from but unfortunately almost all of them either went to other teams or told the Browns they weren't interested. I would have liked to see us give Pet another year, fire Farmer and O'neil and just start from there.

    As far as I can tell, all of our top candidates are still available

    @bbedward said:

    As far as I can tell, all of our top candidates are still available

    I thought Gase and Jackson were on that upper list?

    Top 5 Browns head coaching candidates

    http://fansided.com/2016/01/03/top-5-browns-head-coaching-candidates/2/

  • @bbedward said:

    As far as I can tell, all of our top candidates are still available

    I thought Gase and Jackson were on that upper list?

    Top 5 Browns head coaching candidates

    http://fansided.com/2016/01/03/top-5-browns-head-coaching-candidates/2/

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I thought Gase and Jackson were on that upper list?

    Top 5 Browns head coaching candidates

    http://fansided.com/2016/01/03/top-5-browns-head-coaching-candidates/2/

    Well I guess nobody really knows who the top Browns candidates were/are. But Gase is the only one they've interviewed who's off the board (only one that matters, the cowboys secondary coach who cares).

    IMO I think Gase is a very overrated candidate anyway.

    Jackson is probably the best on paper and we interviewed him yesterday and he's still meeting with the Giants. But there'll still be some other good candidates for us to pick from after the dust settles (probably Patricia)

  • I don't really know WHO we want to hire. I get the feeling like we want Patricia, but I haven't heard word one about who our "top desired candidate" is.