Skip to content

Texans

The Browns Board
46 21 2.2k
  • @hoorta said:

    Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.

    What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)

    I would take the Cowboys out of that list, they might take a QB at #4 if they really like one, but with the few years left of Romo they are in no position to give away draft picks.

    The 49ers definitely have the ammunition - 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and possibly 4 6th rounders...

    @andeftw said:

    I would take the Cowboys out of that list, they might take a QB at #4 if they really like one, but with the few years left of Romo they are in no position to give away draft picks.

    The 49ers definitely have the ammunition - 2 4th rounders, 3 5th rounders and possibly 4 6th rounders...

    good point. 49ers 1st, 2nd, 4th, and a second next year might do it.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    I would go after a QB every freaking draft until we hit pay dirt. Nothing else will work.

    ... and once we hit paydirt every other to every third year... just not on Day One.

  • @richiswhere said:

    Why would the Texans trade for Manziel when they could give the Titans and offer they couldn't refuse for the number 1 pick and take God err Goff

    Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?

    O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...

    @andeftw said:

    Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?

    O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...

    Good point.....Was Hackenberg an O'Brien recruit? Or was that Joe Paterno? Either way, O'Brien coached him at Penn St. And Hack did better under O'Brien.

  • I'm not even a texans fan but after the 3rd int i couldn't even look at Hoyers face. I felt so bad for Watt.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'm not even a texans fan but after the 3rd int i couldn't even look at Hoyers face. I felt so bad for Watt.

    I was looking for Weeden's face....but it never showed up.

  • @richiswhere said:

    Why would the Texans trade for Manziel when they could give the Titans and offer they couldn't refuse for the number 1 pick and take God err Goff

    Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.

    @andeftw said:

    Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?

    O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...

    What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)

    @hoorta said:

    Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.

    Texas maybe able to get RGIII himself.....and maybe should do so.

    What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)

    Let them.....none of these QBs are #1 quality. Let someone trade for Goff/Lynch....and the Browns get Bosa.

    That is what the analytics would say, No? 😉

  • RG3 played it cool. I have respect for him now. He showed professionalism a la Alex Smith.