Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. What's the harm in a QB competition?

What's the harm in a QB competition?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
22 Posts 13 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 4k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #1

    How many QB's do we have on the roster?

    Mangini is an outsider with no say on how the current qb's got here.

    Where is the harm in letting the new coaching staff have a evaluation period in camp?

    I've waivered on the fence hoping for the best case scenario but what if Mangini comes out of camp and says DA is the starter. If we all think Quinn is all that then having him as a backup still deserves merit.

    Both guys are making adequate $$ at what point does either of them demand a trade? Does duability become an issue with either DA or BQ? Curry, Orapko and Crabtree seem to be leading choices at this point, wishful thinking says you can address all your needs this year.

    guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
    hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Gips GipsG
      • 3k Posts
      • 34 Reputation
      GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I see nothing wrong with a competition between bq and da as a matter of fact a new regime should want to see what we have and which best fits the system but if they trade bq off it will prove to be either a fatal mistake or incredible insight(mangenuis) personally i think it will prove fatal to the browns in general to trade bq without giving him a fair shot...

      We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
      hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • GipsG Gips

        I see nothing wrong with a competition between bq and da as a matter of fact a new regime should want to see what we have and which best fits the system but if they trade bq off it will prove to be either a fatal mistake or incredible insight(mangenuis) personally i think it will prove fatal to the browns in general to trade bq without giving him a fair shot...

        hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 4k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @gips said:

        I see nothing wrong with a competition between bq and da as a matter of fact a new regime should want to see what we have and which best fits the system but if they trade bq off it will prove to be either a fatal mistake or incredible insight(mangenuis) personally i think it will prove fatal to the browns in general to trade bq without giving him a fair shot...

        I agree it would be a career defining move on Mangini's part. I guess i'm confused by the fact that the staff is posturing that these 2 qb's are that close in talent.

        If a second coaching staff picks DA you have to wonder what quinns not doing right. It also lend credence to the fact that its a no win call for Mangini, hence just bring in his own qb. At some time or another he better have a lovefest with one of them.

        guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
          #4

          mikeyP72 said:

          They're 'posturing' to trade BQ to raise DA's value.... If everyone thinks DA is worthless and already the #2 QB, is value is chicken sh!t.

          But Kokinis already stated there will be an open competition for QB. With whomever is on the roster come training camp.

          Mikey i'm not that confused 😳

          Was there an actual QB competition last year or did DA start because he pro bowl credentials?

          guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • BrownsKidd BrownsKiddB Very Popular Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 1k Posts
            • 102 Reputation
            BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
            #5

            On one hand I understand the DA hate.

            On the other hand I don't understand why some don't want to give this guy, that has a rocket arm, a better chance. It's not like we had a stellar offense for DA to throw at. It's not like our Offensive Line was made of Tanks. Guy had a good season the prior year.

            Look at BE. The guy could be great. But I think his head was up his arse. He saw the endzone, long before he saw the ball hit is hands or in his case his pads. He made a brilliant catch against the Giants in pre-season last year, and all I could think was, this guy could be great. But then pass after pass was dropped. If we keep BE, I'm willing to give him another chance, he has potential. I think DA does as well, but I think BQ does too.

            I was really suprised with the Draft of BQ. IMO, with the contract given to DA, I though BQ was merely trade bait when they drafted him. Not sure what happened, something fell through that didn't work out for the organization. Now were stuck with two potential starters and all the uncertainties that go with it.

            When September rolls around, I will be a Browns fan, and will root for whoever taps the center on the ass.

            hammertimeH Oldcrow1945O R 3 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd

              On one hand I understand the DA hate.

              On the other hand I don't understand why some don't want to give this guy, that has a rocket arm, a better chance. It's not like we had a stellar offense for DA to throw at. It's not like our Offensive Line was made of Tanks. Guy had a good season the prior year.

              Look at BE. The guy could be great. But I think his head was up his arse. He saw the endzone, long before he saw the ball hit is hands or in his case his pads. He made a brilliant catch against the Giants in pre-season last year, and all I could think was, this guy could be great. But then pass after pass was dropped. If we keep BE, I'm willing to give him another chance, he has potential. I think DA does as well, but I think BQ does too.

              I was really suprised with the Draft of BQ. IMO, with the contract given to DA, I though BQ was merely trade bait when they drafted him. Not sure what happened, something fell through that didn't work out for the organization. Now were stuck with two potential starters and all the uncertainties that go with it.

              When September rolls around, I will be a Browns fan, and will root for whoever taps the center on the ass.

              hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 4k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @brownskidd said:

              On one hand I understand the DA hate.

              On the other hand I don't understand why some don't want to give this guy, that has a rocket arm, a better chance. It's not like we had a stellar offense for DA to throw at. It's not like our Offensive Line was made of Tanks. Guy had a good season the prior year.

              Look at BE. The guy could be great. But I think his head was up his arse. He saw the endzone, long before he saw the ball hit is hands or in his case his pads. He made a brilliant catch against the Giants in pre-season last year, and all I could think was, this guy could be great. But then pass after pass was dropped. If we keep BE, I'm willing to give him another chance, he has potential. I think DA does as well, but I think BQ does too.

              I was really suprised with the Draft of BQ. IMO, with the contract given to DA, I though BQ was merely trade bait when they drafted him. Not sure what happened, something fell through that didn't work out for the organization. Now were stuck with two potential starters and all the uncertainties that go with it.

              When September rolls around, I will be a Browns fan, and will root for whoever taps the center on the ass.

              Please refrain from all ass tapping on this thread.

              guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Bronx Cheer B
                • 36 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                B Bronx Cheer wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Has anything good ever come out of a QB competition?

                Pick a QB, and give him 75% of the snaps in camp with the starters to learn the new offense. Splitting snaps and preseason time just delays learning the new offense.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
                  • 645 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I am not against a competition , but would it not be refreshing to find that ManKok actually came into Cleveland with a plan ..........and whatever that plan consisted of , eliminated this repulsive QB controversy once and for all .

                  Think of it..............no DA , No Brady , no disgruntled fans getting all weepy and frothy when presented with the possibility of it not going his way . Ahhhhhhh...........the stuff dreams are made of . 🙄

                  NewEraDawg
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • BrownsKidd BrownsKiddB Very Popular Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                    • 1k Posts
                    • 102 Reputation
                    BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    mikeyP72 said:

                    Brownskidd-

                    They didnt give DA his big contract till after they drafted BQ.

                    Which brings up an excellent question.

                    Why?

                    Draft Brady Quinn, then extend DA's contract. Who was the trade bait, BQ or DA? Do you extend DA's contract to make him appear more marketable then dish him off to another team and groom BQ. Or was BQ the trade bait. I can see both sides to the coin.

                    The drafting of BQ to me is still a mystery.

                    ClevelandFanForLifeC N 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DTBH DTBHD
                      • 657 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      There's nothing wrong with an honest QB competition, as long as you make your choice early enough to give the starter some exclusive time with the first team. A couple weeks, maybe.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • BrownsKidd BrownsKiddB Very Popular Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 102 Reputation
                        BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        And then again, the Competition is all smoke and mirrors and the decision has already been made.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd

                          mikeyP72 said:

                          Brownskidd-

                          They didnt give DA his big contract till after they drafted BQ.

                          Which brings up an excellent question.

                          Why?

                          Draft Brady Quinn, then extend DA's contract. Who was the trade bait, BQ or DA? Do you extend DA's contract to make him appear more marketable then dish him off to another team and groom BQ. Or was BQ the trade bait. I can see both sides to the coin.

                          The drafting of BQ to me is still a mystery.

                          ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 100 Reputation
                          ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @brownskidd said:

                          Which brings up an excellent question.

                          Why?

                          Draft Brady Quinn, then extend DA's contract. Who was the trade bait, BQ or DA? Do you extend DA's contract to make him appear more marketable then dish him off to another team and groom BQ. Or was BQ the trade bait. I can see both sides to the coin.

                          The drafting of BQ to me is still a mystery.

                          i think that they did it so that they could trade one of them for a lot of talent. they did not expect da to have a bad seaon last year but did expect bq to tom brady-esk already. they did it so that they could trade one of them for a pro-bowler or a high draft pick or two.

                          once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd

                            On one hand I understand the DA hate.

                            On the other hand I don't understand why some don't want to give this guy, that has a rocket arm, a better chance. It's not like we had a stellar offense for DA to throw at. It's not like our Offensive Line was made of Tanks. Guy had a good season the prior year.

                            Look at BE. The guy could be great. But I think his head was up his arse. He saw the endzone, long before he saw the ball hit is hands or in his case his pads. He made a brilliant catch against the Giants in pre-season last year, and all I could think was, this guy could be great. But then pass after pass was dropped. If we keep BE, I'm willing to give him another chance, he has potential. I think DA does as well, but I think BQ does too.

                            I was really suprised with the Draft of BQ. IMO, with the contract given to DA, I though BQ was merely trade bait when they drafted him. Not sure what happened, something fell through that didn't work out for the organization. Now were stuck with two potential starters and all the uncertainties that go with it.

                            When September rolls around, I will be a Browns fan, and will root for whoever taps the center on the ass.

                            Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @brownskidd said:

                            On one hand I understand the DA hate.

                            On the other hand I don't understand why some don't want to give this guy, that has a rocket arm, a better chance.

                            I simply don't like his game and I think teams know how to expose his weaknesses.

                            He cannot throw the short pass. His lack of touch is almost embarrassingly bad.

                            He is immobile. While I don't think it's necessary to have Steve Young back there, in today's game I think it's crucial to have a guy with the ability to escape and put pressure on the defense with his feet.

                            He loves to think his arm can squeeze passes where they do not belong.

                            I was never overly imprssed with his 2007 season due to the fact that this team played absolutely no one that season.

                            I think they beat one team with a record of over .500? I think that's correct.

                            I don't like a QB competition.

                            I don't want my starting Qb looking over his shoulder all the time. Once you name a starter you let him know he's your starter through thick or thin. I don't want my Qb thinking of anything but the defense he is facing on that upcoming play.

                            While it helps to have great instincts as a Qb, the position is still too cerebral to allow him to worry about his job while he's trying to take on so many other responsibilities.

                            Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • glenby73 glenby73G
                              • 184 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              glenby73G glenby73 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Well, a qb competition is what we have. And I'm all for it.

                              Yeah, it sucks to have to worry about your job and you want the guy mentally focused in what he has to do. However, if you can't do it, you better worry because if I'm in charge the footsteps you hear are mine and there's about to be a shoe up your ass while I boot you off the field.

                              You perform, you play. You don't perform, you're gone. That's how it works.

                              Coingate was out of hand. Waiting too long to make a decision is not the best method I agree. But part of the problem there is no one stepped up and took the reins. RAC needed to step up and call it and wasn't comfortable doing it between Frye and DA. 15 minutes was all Savage needed to end his dream of an Akron native running the show and traded Charlie.

                              Was that really just two years ago? Seems like ten with all the DA and BQ positioning.

                              They need to look over their shoulder. That's part of the pressure of being a qb. If I thought for one minute DA couldn't make the necessary throws on the field because he was worried if he would be the starter next week... GONE. You have to be able to put that aside and if he can't, see ya.

                              BQ needs to show me he can handle the pressure and not make a dumb pass because he feels the need to impress the caching staff in order to win the job. Focus, grasshopper! That's what we need!

                              Cutler is destroying Denver because he wants to cry. If I was a Bronco fan I would stand outside his iron gate and throw molotov cocktails. So they considered trading you, it happens. Better hope you don't become a GM in 20 years Jay.

                              Mangini has the unenviable task of choosing between these two (barring any moves) and he will need a few games to do it. However, if in week three of the preseason he's not ready to make a decision and stick with it, he needs slapped.

                              Put me in charge. I would have both of them in Berea right now. I would have worked them both and all ready know who I was staking my career as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns on. .... Then all of you would be letting go of your season tickets because I don't know a cover 2 from a number 2 😆

                              it puts the lotion on it's skin, or it's forced to watch the Browns
                              Oldcrow1945O 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • damajuki D
                                • 475 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                D damajuki wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                The only reason to stage a QB competition at the NFL level is if you truly don't KNOW which QB is the one to lead your team.

                                And if you don't know which QB should lead your team, you have much bigger problems than a QB competition, you have a total organizational failure. See: Savage, Phil and Crennel, Romeo.

                                And I think ManKok clearly understands if you have two QB's, you have none. Remember that Mangini cut Pennington rather than deal with this very scenario. He is not the kind of coach who wants a question mark at the most important position on the field.

                                But also remember that Kokinis was part of the process that drafted Flacco, committed to him early and let him play through the learning curve last year.

                                So I highly doubt this duo is leaning towards holding a QB battle with the history surrounding these two QBs.

                                They are trading one or both of these guys, without a doubt.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • glenby73G glenby73

                                  Well, a qb competition is what we have. And I'm all for it.

                                  Yeah, it sucks to have to worry about your job and you want the guy mentally focused in what he has to do. However, if you can't do it, you better worry because if I'm in charge the footsteps you hear are mine and there's about to be a shoe up your ass while I boot you off the field.

                                  You perform, you play. You don't perform, you're gone. That's how it works.

                                  Coingate was out of hand. Waiting too long to make a decision is not the best method I agree. But part of the problem there is no one stepped up and took the reins. RAC needed to step up and call it and wasn't comfortable doing it between Frye and DA. 15 minutes was all Savage needed to end his dream of an Akron native running the show and traded Charlie.

                                  Was that really just two years ago? Seems like ten with all the DA and BQ positioning.

                                  They need to look over their shoulder. That's part of the pressure of being a qb. If I thought for one minute DA couldn't make the necessary throws on the field because he was worried if he would be the starter next week... GONE. You have to be able to put that aside and if he can't, see ya.

                                  BQ needs to show me he can handle the pressure and not make a dumb pass because he feels the need to impress the caching staff in order to win the job. Focus, grasshopper! That's what we need!

                                  Cutler is destroying Denver because he wants to cry. If I was a Bronco fan I would stand outside his iron gate and throw molotov cocktails. So they considered trading you, it happens. Better hope you don't become a GM in 20 years Jay.

                                  Mangini has the unenviable task of choosing between these two (barring any moves) and he will need a few games to do it. However, if in week three of the preseason he's not ready to make a decision and stick with it, he needs slapped.

                                  Put me in charge. I would have both of them in Berea right now. I would have worked them both and all ready know who I was staking my career as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns on. .... Then all of you would be letting go of your season tickets because I don't know a cover 2 from a number 2 😆

                                  Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by Oldcrow1945
                                  #16

                                  @glenby73 said:

                                  Well, a qb competition is what we have. And I'm all for it.

                                  Yeah, it sucks to have to worry about your job and you want the guy mentally focused in what he has to do. However, if you can't do it, you better worry because if I'm in charge the footsteps you hear are mine and there's about to be a shoe up your ass while I boot you off the field.

                                  You perform, you play. You don't perform, you're gone. That's how it works.

                                  Coingate was out of hand. Waiting too long to make a decision is not the best method I agree. But part of the problem there is no one stepped up and took the reins. RAC needed to step up and call it and wasn't comfortable doing it between Frye and DA. 15 minutes was all Savage needed to end his dream of an Akron native running the show and traded Charlie.

                                  Was that really just two years ago? Seems like ten with all the DA and BQ positioning.

                                  They need to look over their shoulder. That's part of the pressure of being a qb. If I thought for one minute DA couldn't make the necessary throws on the field because he was worried if he would be the starter next week... GONE. You have to be able to put that aside and if he can't, see ya.

                                  BQ needs to show me he can handle the pressure and not make a dumb pass because he feels the need to impress the caching staff in order to win the job. Focus, grasshopper! That's what we need!

                                  Cutler is destroying Denver because he wants to cry. If I was a Bronco fan I would stand outside his iron gate and throw molotov cocktails. So they considered trading you, it happens. Better hope you don't become a GM in 20 years Jay.

                                  Mangini has the unenviable task of choosing between these two (barring any moves) and he will need a few games to do it. However, if in week three of the preseason he's not ready to make a decision and stick with it, he needs slapped.

                                  Put me in charge. I would have both of them in Berea right now. I would have worked them both and all ready know who I was staking my career as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns on. .... Then all of you would be letting go of your season tickets because I don't know a cover 2 from a number 2 😆

                                  This "Fu*k you tough guy" approach sounds good. It's sounds like you are in charge and that's going to be the way it is.

                                  But it doesn't work and never will, except at times in the the miltary. Even then it doesn't usually work because the guy that acts like the tough guy is usually the one that folds when the pressure is on. I saw it three times in Desert Storm.... Guys like you rarely become tough when when they actually have to shut up or put up.

                                  You don't have to be soft when dealing with these guys. But taking a "It's too fu*cking bad" approach does not work.

                                  I suggest you read "You win with PEOPLE"...By Woody Hayes.

                                  Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • hammertimeH hammertime

                                    How many QB's do we have on the roster?

                                    Mangini is an outsider with no say on how the current qb's got here.

                                    Where is the harm in letting the new coaching staff have a evaluation period in camp?

                                    I've waivered on the fence hoping for the best case scenario but what if Mangini comes out of camp and says DA is the starter. If we all think Quinn is all that then having him as a backup still deserves merit.

                                    Both guys are making adequate $$ at what point does either of them demand a trade? Does duability become an issue with either DA or BQ? Curry, Orapko and Crabtree seem to be leading choices at this point, wishful thinking says you can address all your needs this year.

                                    hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @hammertime said:

                                    How many QB's do we have on the roster?

                                    Mangini is an outsider with no say on how the current qb's got here.

                                    Where is the harm in letting the new coaching staff have a evaluation period in camp?

                                    I've waivered on the fence hoping for the best case scenario but what if Mangini comes out of camp and says DA is the starter. If we all think Quinn is all that then having him as a backup still deserves merit.

                                    Both guys are making adequate $$ at what point does either of them demand a trade? Does duability become an issue with either DA or BQ? Curry, Orapko and Crabtree seem to be leading choices at this point, wishful thinking says you can address all your needs this year.

                                    Does anybody have durability concerns with either qb?

                                    guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                                    ? 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • hammertimeH hammertime

                                      @hammertime said:

                                      How many QB's do we have on the roster?

                                      Mangini is an outsider with no say on how the current qb's got here.

                                      Where is the harm in letting the new coaching staff have a evaluation period in camp?

                                      I've waivered on the fence hoping for the best case scenario but what if Mangini comes out of camp and says DA is the starter. If we all think Quinn is all that then having him as a backup still deserves merit.

                                      Both guys are making adequate $$ at what point does either of them demand a trade? Does duability become an issue with either DA or BQ? Curry, Orapko and Crabtree seem to be leading choices at this point, wishful thinking says you can address all your needs this year.

                                      Does anybody have durability concerns with either qb?

                                      AdaM ?
                                      • Posts
                                      • 0 Reputation
                                      ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @hammertime said:

                                      Does anybody have durability concerns with either qb?

                                      DA has a little concussion history.

                                      Thats about it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd

                                        On one hand I understand the DA hate.

                                        On the other hand I don't understand why some don't want to give this guy, that has a rocket arm, a better chance. It's not like we had a stellar offense for DA to throw at. It's not like our Offensive Line was made of Tanks. Guy had a good season the prior year.

                                        Look at BE. The guy could be great. But I think his head was up his arse. He saw the endzone, long before he saw the ball hit is hands or in his case his pads. He made a brilliant catch against the Giants in pre-season last year, and all I could think was, this guy could be great. But then pass after pass was dropped. If we keep BE, I'm willing to give him another chance, he has potential. I think DA does as well, but I think BQ does too.

                                        I was really suprised with the Draft of BQ. IMO, with the contract given to DA, I though BQ was merely trade bait when they drafted him. Not sure what happened, something fell through that didn't work out for the organization. Now were stuck with two potential starters and all the uncertainties that go with it.

                                        When September rolls around, I will be a Browns fan, and will root for whoever taps the center on the ass.

                                        roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 1k Posts
                                        • 80 Reputation
                                        R roach wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @brownskidd said:

                                        When September rolls around, I will be a Browns fan, and will root for whoever taps the center on the ass.

                                        i'm with you Kidd, but we're clearly in the minority. Folks around here root for DA's failure. They cheered when he got injured (just like when Couch got hurt). It's a weird and embarassing element of the new era Browns fan. i've booed my team plenty of times, but i've never cheered when one went down with an injury.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • DTBH DTBHD
                                          • 657 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          People don't root for DA's failure. People weren't cheering DA's injury because they wanted him to get hurt and fail. They cheered it because at that point he'd blown so many damn games that they wanted him out regardless of what it took.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate