Hue Jackson Hired
-
Logic I never got the vibe that "Pettine was beloved by the players." But that's just my opinion.
-
Last one on this list of potential HCs has an interesting side comment next to the name.
-
We'll never know for sure, but I too got the impression that the players liked him as well. Pettine appeared to be generous on things like days off and veteran excused practice days. But who really knows? Perhaps the players just don't want to learn an entirely new system, and who could blame them? That has to be exhausting, and for a few of our veterans, they've gone through this how many times?
The aforementioned stats on Marrone are impressive to me...ESPECIALLY the red zone stats. I don't need to remind anyone here just how awful our red zone offense was. It was completely infuriating, and it cost us severely. For me, I felt like every time we got the ball in the red zone, it was a FG attempt. Even if we got the ball to the five yard line, I still felt like we had little chance for 6. I don't know if it was poor play calling, poor execution, dismal talent...or a combination, but I DO know our red zone offense completely sucks, and I'm sick of it. For one, we don't have a reliable "fade route WR", and every damn week I see multiple TD's with that toss. Gary can make the grab, but he's not a WR. We need to be able to throw that route to either side of the field so the defense can't cheat. Is Benji going up for that ball? Marlan Moore? Hawkins? Gabriel? Hartline? Not so much, although out of those people I guess Hartline MIGHT be the closest thing we have. Other than that, I could see Terrell Pryor going up to snatch the ball, but I don't see him on the roster in 2016 (I might be wrong, but doubt it).
If we lock up Hue Jackson, does anyone have information on who his coordinators might be?
-
Did we interview Chip Kelly this year?
-
Did we interview Chip Kelly this year?
Did we interview Chip Kelly this year?
I don't know if anybody did yet. I think he reached out to SF and Miami with interest but they didn't seem to care.
-
Lets play Pattycake.
-
The veterans defended Pett on several occasions.
That's what veterans are supposed to do.
-
WHAT? Link?
-
I don't have a link, but I can get it in a second. I got the update on my phone, "Jason La Canfora reporting that Hue Jackson is the next head coach for the Browns." Hue Jackson stated, "They just made me feel comfortable."
-
Early word is we got him
-
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns are "finalizing" a deal to make Bengals OC Hue Jackson their new head coach.
Cleveland isn't expected to let Jackson leave town for his interview with the Giants. Odd to say, but the Browns are making a heck of a decision here. Jackson is one of the brighter offensive minds and a nose-to-the-grindstone coach who has the ability to turn this team around. Jackson is expected to have control of the 53-man roster in Cleveland. First order of business: finding a quarterback. Josh McCown could be a stopgap option after a strong 2015, but he was injured too much, so Jackson will need to find another reliable option if McCown is brought back.
-
Being reported on 92.3 the fan right now
-
Apparently there will be a formal announcement this afternoon
-
This is really great news for us. This was the top guy on my board anyway. Now we've gotta get him players and give him time
-
-
Love it
-
His first name is Huey.
We need a Lewis.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login