Skip to content

Hue Jackson Hired

The Browns Board
263 66 12.6k
  • @canton-dawg said:

    I'm hearing that Hue likes Jared Goff, saying that Andy Dalton played in a similar college offense.

    GOT-excitement.jpg

    @bbedward said:

    GOT-excitement.jpg

    I figured that would make your day bb. 🙂

  • Hue Gotta Believe Cleveland, The Football Gods are smiling at Us. Finally!! Jimmy You Got One Right!! Go Browns!!!

  • So....the Browns have take HUGE ACTION figure by hiring Hue Jackson

    He was not my favorite for the job. It was just a gut feeling on my part.

    Maybe it is a good sign for him that I didn't want him.

    More power to him.

    I hope that the huge action that he is is a Transformer......Transform this losing team to a championship level team.

    ultimate-optimus-figure.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    So....the Browns have take HUGE ACTION figure by hiring Hue Jackson

    I just hope that in the span of a year we're not all calling him a Hue Jasso!

  • @the-gipper said:

    So....the Browns have take HUGE ACTION figure by hiring Hue Jackson

    I just hope that in the span of a year we're not all calling him a Hue Jasso!

    @canton-dawg said:

    I just hope that in the span of a year we're not all calling him a Hue Jasso!

    Yea, good one.

  • Live stream with Jimmy Donovan & Josh Cribbs covering Hue Jackson's presser. . .

    http://www.wkyc.com/videos/news/local/2013/11/05/3311833/

  • Very impressive!

  • time will tell how he does but im liking what im hearing

  • I missed most of the presser, did anybody ask if he planned to keep any of the previous coaches?

  • Just woke up to this news!

    Makes for a great start to the day.

    Now for the DC to get sorted out.

  • Ok....that went fairly well.....liked what I heard(which I figured I would)......he seems reasonable enough.

    The 3 things I liked best were:

    1) He has a 147 text messages from "great coaches" who want to join his staff..(hope this is true, cause we need em)

    2) He likes a challenge....which is what I wanted.....a guy who has the balls to tackle tough tasks....(even when he has the option to take an easier path)

    3) He believes you need integrity...accountability.....and a strong work ethic to be on this team....(so JFF is out for sure)....

    So....those who think "just talent" is all you need.....we have another coach who disagrees.....yay!

  • Ok....that went fairly well.....liked what I heard(which I figured I would)......he seems reasonable enough.

    The 3 things I liked best were:

    1) He has a 147 text messages from "great coaches" who want to join his staff..(hope this is true, cause we need em)

    2) He likes a challenge....which is what I wanted.....a guy who has the balls to tackle tough tasks....(even when he has the option to take an easier path)

    3) He believes you need integrity...accountability.....and a strong work ethic to be on this team....(so JFF is out for sure)....

    So....those who think "just talent" is all you need.....we have another coach who disagrees.....yay!

    @mudfly said:

    Ok....that went fairly well.....liked what I heard(which I figured I would)......he seems reasonable enough.

    The 3 things I liked best were:

    1) He has a 147 text messages from "great coaches" who want to join his staff..(hope this is true, cause we need em)

    2) He likes a challenge....which is what I wanted.....a guy who has the balls to tackle tough tasks....(even when he has the option to take an easier path)

    3) He believes you need integrity...accountability.....and a strong work ethic to be on this team....(so JFF is out for sure)....

    So....those who think "just talent" is all you need.....we have another coach who disagrees.....yay!

    Agree on all points. Really hoping he can get the coordinators lined out ASAP.

  • Meh, another year another coach. Ill comment next year after 5 games.

    C'mon, its not like we havent done this so many times. Ill get excited when I see improvement.

    I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

    Seems like a good guy, hope it works out for him. Marv Lewis had some great things to say about him when he lost him.

  • Meh, another year another coach. Ill comment next year after 5 games.

    C'mon, its not like we havent done this so many times. Ill get excited when I see improvement.

    I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

    Seems like a good guy, hope it works out for him. Marv Lewis had some great things to say about him when he lost him.

    @kvoethe said:

    I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

    Yeah....that one question they were asked and then answered was way WAY outta line......shoulda just said no Dee questions allowed....

    Though, NOW that she was mentioned......Im fairly certain she will be the new GM.....

  • I like what I heard from Hue and again hoping he does the job we so desperately want him to. The broken record from me, the Cleveland Browns need more talent and until they get better players I don't see success.

  • Saw where Bengals players love the guy, saw a video clip of

    Tom Brady laughing and talking with Hue when he was the Raider's coach. 😁

    The Browns have finally gotten themselves a blue chippie HC, that is respected

    around the league, Huegly !

    HIP HIP HUE-RAH !

    GLORY, GLORY HaleHUEia !!!

    Brilliant, classy, driven players coach who also is a displinarian, creative on offense,

    and uses his players to bring out the best in their abilities.

    What a wonderful breath of fresh football air in Brownstown

  • @tour2ma said:

    From PFR and Wiki...

    Oakland Raiders 2011 staff

    Coach: Hue Jackson (8-8-0)

    Offensive Coordinator: Al Saunders Offensive Scheme West Coast

    Defensive Coordinator: Chuck Bresnahan Defensive Alignment 4-3

    WCO does at least give Flip a shot and the 4-3 might put Schwartz in the running for the DC.

    @tour2ma said:

    WCO does at least give Flip a shot and the 4-3 might put Schwartz in the running for the DC.

    Most important question is do they have the same agent? 🙂

  • Presser Notes

    General Impressions:

    - Hue has "presence"; can sense a fire below the surface, yet comes across very warm... unusual combo...

    (contrast with Jimmah where fire is obvious, but warmth not so much..)

    - great, relaxed command of the stage... sense of ease... liked the flashes of humor... especially those directed at, or at least involving, the Big Boss...

    - Love to know the story behind that right-eye scar...

    - Needs a new tailor...

    Hue's Comments:

    - the volume of good to great coaches texting him to get interviewed... sweet...

    - surprised he did not seem more into the ScoutMaster search; seemed to be barely interested let alone excited by the opportunity... odd...

    - deftly side-stepped any player evaluation probes...

    - reasonable summary of success recipe near end...

    - shocked that he could impress after a nite game, no sleep and a morning interview with another team.

    Jimmah's:

    - Alignment? Benchmarked sports orgs and the thing he came away with was how important it was to align? Jesus... that's Org Dev 101 shit.

    Here's a heads up JH... alignment is not a one-off, check-the-box thing... Be ready this time to assess and address.

    Sashi:

    - a tad nerdy, but decent first impression

  • @tour2ma said:

    WCO does at least give Flip a shot and the 4-3 might put Schwartz in the running for the DC.

    Most important question is do they have the same agent? 🙂

    "prepare to take Goff."

    Well done, h...

    @mike-h said:

    Most important question is do they have the same agent? 🙂

    lol... good memory...

  • Really enjoyed the presser

  • 2 presser highlights with media.. #1. At 21:00 when Pat Mcmanass asked "That JM was never discussed during interview process" Hue slammed it down his throat with "You never heard that from me & I Never Said That" Pat was never heard from again 🙂 #2. The 1 lady you were very polite 2 to get her question in cause she was trying so hard to get in is Mary Kay Cabot. You will learn MKC throat is always wide open so feel free to slam it down hers anytime you like 🙂..