Skip to content

Hue Jackson Hired

The Browns Board
263 66 12.6k
  • Meh, another year another coach. Ill comment next year after 5 games.

    C'mon, its not like we havent done this so many times. Ill get excited when I see improvement.

    I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

    Seems like a good guy, hope it works out for him. Marv Lewis had some great things to say about him when he lost him.

    @kvoethe said:

    I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

    Yeah....that one question they were asked and then answered was way WAY outta line......shoulda just said no Dee questions allowed....

    Though, NOW that she was mentioned......Im fairly certain she will be the new GM.....

  • I like what I heard from Hue and again hoping he does the job we so desperately want him to. The broken record from me, the Cleveland Browns need more talent and until they get better players I don't see success.

  • Saw where Bengals players love the guy, saw a video clip of

    Tom Brady laughing and talking with Hue when he was the Raider's coach. 😁

    The Browns have finally gotten themselves a blue chippie HC, that is respected

    around the league, Huegly !

    HIP HIP HUE-RAH !

    GLORY, GLORY HaleHUEia !!!

    Brilliant, classy, driven players coach who also is a displinarian, creative on offense,

    and uses his players to bring out the best in their abilities.

    What a wonderful breath of fresh football air in Brownstown

  • @tour2ma said:

    From PFR and Wiki...

    Oakland Raiders 2011 staff

    Coach: Hue Jackson (8-8-0)

    Offensive Coordinator: Al Saunders Offensive Scheme West Coast

    Defensive Coordinator: Chuck Bresnahan Defensive Alignment 4-3

    WCO does at least give Flip a shot and the 4-3 might put Schwartz in the running for the DC.

    @tour2ma said:

    WCO does at least give Flip a shot and the 4-3 might put Schwartz in the running for the DC.

    Most important question is do they have the same agent? 🙂

  • Presser Notes

    General Impressions:

    - Hue has "presence"; can sense a fire below the surface, yet comes across very warm... unusual combo...

    (contrast with Jimmah where fire is obvious, but warmth not so much..)

    - great, relaxed command of the stage... sense of ease... liked the flashes of humor... especially those directed at, or at least involving, the Big Boss...

    - Love to know the story behind that right-eye scar...

    - Needs a new tailor...

    Hue's Comments:

    - the volume of good to great coaches texting him to get interviewed... sweet...

    - surprised he did not seem more into the ScoutMaster search; seemed to be barely interested let alone excited by the opportunity... odd...

    - deftly side-stepped any player evaluation probes...

    - reasonable summary of success recipe near end...

    - shocked that he could impress after a nite game, no sleep and a morning interview with another team.

    Jimmah's:

    - Alignment? Benchmarked sports orgs and the thing he came away with was how important it was to align? Jesus... that's Org Dev 101 shit.

    Here's a heads up JH... alignment is not a one-off, check-the-box thing... Be ready this time to assess and address.

    Sashi:

    - a tad nerdy, but decent first impression

  • @tour2ma said:

    WCO does at least give Flip a shot and the 4-3 might put Schwartz in the running for the DC.

    Most important question is do they have the same agent? 🙂

    "prepare to take Goff."

    Well done, h...

    @mike-h said:

    Most important question is do they have the same agent? 🙂

    lol... good memory...

  • Really enjoyed the presser

  • 2 presser highlights with media.. #1. At 21:00 when Pat Mcmanass asked "That JM was never discussed during interview process" Hue slammed it down his throat with "You never heard that from me & I Never Said That" Pat was never heard from again 🙂 #2. The 1 lady you were very polite 2 to get her question in cause she was trying so hard to get in is Mary Kay Cabot. You will learn MKC throat is always wide open so feel free to slam it down hers anytime you like 🙂..

  • McAdoo promoted to giants head coach.

  • Meh, another year another coach. Ill comment next year after 5 games.

    C'mon, its not like we havent done this so many times. Ill get excited when I see improvement.

    I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

    Seems like a good guy, hope it works out for him. Marv Lewis had some great things to say about him when he lost him.

    @kvoethe said:

    Meh, another year another coach. Ill comment next year after 5 games.

    C'mon, its not like we havent done this so many times. Ill get excited when I see improvement.

    I listened to the presser and there was way too much talk about DEE.

    Seems like a good guy, hope it works out for him. Marv Lewis had some great things to say about him when he lost him.

    yep, i agree totally, they said last yr that pettine was da man...he wuz duh guy...i'm with you...however i'm giving him a few more games than 5. i will say this, i feel a little better with the hiring of hue compared to what we had the last several yrs...we shall see....

  • McAdoo promoted to giants head coach.

    @chimpy07 said:

    McAdoo promoted to giants head coach.

    Enjoy Mr. Magoo.. We got you..

  • Ok....that went fairly well.....liked what I heard(which I figured I would)......he seems reasonable enough.

    The 3 things I liked best were:

    1) He has a 147 text messages from "great coaches" who want to join his staff..(hope this is true, cause we need em)

    2) He likes a challenge....which is what I wanted.....a guy who has the balls to tackle tough tasks....(even when he has the option to take an easier path)

    3) He believes you need integrity...accountability.....and a strong work ethic to be on this team....(so JFF is out for sure)....

    So....those who think "just talent" is all you need.....we have another coach who disagrees.....yay!

    @mudfly said:

    Ok....that went fairly well.....liked what I heard(which I figured I would)......he seems reasonable enough.

    The 3 things I liked best were:

    1) He has a 147 text messages from "great coaches" who want to join his staff..(hope this is true, cause we need em)

    2) He likes a challenge....which is what I wanted.....a guy who has the balls to tackle tough tasks....(even when he has the option to take an easier path)

    3) He believes you need integrity...accountability.....and a strong work ethic to be on this team....(so JFF is out for sure)....

    So....those who think "just talent" is all you need.....we have another coach who disagrees.....yay!

    Re the coaches ... the best thing that happened to us was the Bungle meltdown (thanks for calling that Jeremy Hill handoff, Hue!) because now we have our coach in place and he can start hiring the cream of the crop of whats out there while other teams Giants, Eagles, Bucs etc. are yet to pull the trigger and may have to wait until after conference championships.

    Things seem to be leaning our way for a change ...

    Z

  • I missed most of the presser, did anybody ask if he planned to keep any of the previous coaches?

    @hx214 said:

    I missed most of the presser, did anybody ask if he planned to keep any of the previous coaches?

    Said he'll sit down and talk to all of them and see if they fit his criteria. If they don't, it's adios. BTW, said he'll sit down with Joe Thomas and try to sell him on what he plans to accomplish.

    Considering his phone was ringing off the hook with top coaching prospects, (supposedly 140+ texts) I don't think Hue will have any problems finding people he wants.

    Another plus of getting the HC in place pronto, we won't be scraping the bottom of the barrel for assistant coaching leftovers this time around.

  • More often than not l don't know a damn thing about our new coaches, but living near Cincyland l actually know this one. I have an opinion guys!

    I'm pleased as punch, got a real high opinion of Jackson. A lot of you have pointed out many of the positives, good offensive mind and such, but he also has a real reputation as a people person. A networker of sorts. One of those magnetic personalities that is able to get people to gravitate to the common goal.

    Strikes me as an ideal trait in this odd dynamic the Browns have him in with moneyball guy, and salary cap guy, and Mr and Mrs Jimmy in this wierd ass mix of people at the top of the Browns' food chain.

  • @darkside5 said:

    Great hire, I can here the chant already, " Hue Dey Hue Dey Hue Dey says he gonna beat those Bengals.

    Not sure he's gonna draft a QB though. I feel more a trade deal or free agent acquisition on the horizon. Have to wait and see.

    GO BROWNS !!!!

    Dat's funny. Shame you'll never a chance to sing it!

    @london-bengal said:

    Dat's funny. Shame you'll never a chance to sing it!

    Shouldn't you still be hiding under a rock with the rest of the mouth-breathing bengals fans?

  • Happy.

    On the other hand, when he was asked about the players he was looking forward to working with - JT, Haden and Paul Kruger. Hmmm...less happy now 😉

  • Happy.

    On the other hand, when he was asked about the players he was looking forward to working with - JT, Haden and Paul Kruger. Hmmm...less happy now 😉

    @gftchris said:

    Happy.

    On the other hand, when he was asked about the players he was looking forward to working with - JT, Haden and Paul Kruger. Hmmm...less happy now 😉

    Likely hoping he is a viable option as a 4-3 DE.

  • I think he'd be decent in the role. No coverage duties! Same with Orchard, Bryant & Bosa(?)

  • I really hope Jackson brings in a DC who prefers the 4-3. I think the defensive talent on the team is better geared for it.

  • We will see. New coach. New year. New system. New qb. New personnel.

    Sounds familiar?