Hue Jackson Hired
-
I believe I read that Jackson is currently interviewing with the Giants, and if they like him as much as we do, than I have to believe we're totally screwed. I'm not trying to slam our team anymore than necessary, but put yourself in Jackson's shoes: The Giants had the same coach for many years in a row, they have a QB that has won two freaking Superbowls, they have an electric WR, and the management structure probably looks better than what ours is.
The coaching search is a game of musical chairs, and I get the feeling that we're going to be the team left standing when the music stops.
I believe I read that Jackson is currently interviewing with the Giants, and if they like him as much as we do, than I have to believe we're totally screwed. I'm not trying to slam our team anymore than necessary, but put yourself in Jackson's shoes: The Giants had the same coach for many years in a row, they have a QB that has won two freaking Superbowls, they have an electric WR, and the management structure probably looks better than what ours is.
The coaching search is a game of musical chairs, and I get the feeling that we're going to be the team left standing when the music stops.
That QB is only good for a couple more years though, and was never elite to begin with. Not saying I wouldn't swap Eli for Josh McCown but it's not like he's walking in to Green Bay.
-
I believe I read that Jackson is currently interviewing with the Giants, and if they like him as much as we do, than I have to believe we're totally screwed. I'm not trying to slam our team anymore than necessary, but put yourself in Jackson's shoes: The Giants had the same coach for many years in a row, they have a QB that has won two freaking Superbowls, they have an electric WR, and the management structure probably looks better than what ours is.
The coaching search is a game of musical chairs, and I get the feeling that we're going to be the team left standing when the music stops.
That QB is only good for a couple more years though, and was never elite to begin with. Not saying I wouldn't swap Eli for Josh McCown but it's not like he's walking in to Green Bay.
-
-
Giants also have a GM who is an abject failure who isn't being shown the door.. whereas in Cleveland Hue would get to pick a GM he could work with.
Browns job > Gints job at this point.
-
Giants also have a GM who is an abject failure who isn't being shown the door.. whereas in Cleveland Hue would get to pick a GM he could work with.
Browns job > Gints job at this point.
Browns job > Gints job at this point.
what calculus did you use to come up with that equation?
-
Browns job > Gints job at this point.
what calculus did you use to come up with that equation?
what calculus did you use to come up with that equation?
Well, the browns are in the NFL, and the Gints are presumably a flag football team based in Hicksville Alabama.
-
-
It may look bad....but as far as I am concerned I don't mind.
I am not on board for Hue Jackson. Nothing personal, just a gut feeling that he is not the right person.
I'm the opposite, for the same unknown reasons. I just feel like he's the guy for us, but no idea why.
-
Browns job > Gints job at this point.
what calculus did you use to come up with that equation?
what calculus did you use to come up with that equation?
That's not an equation. It's an inequality. I suppose that's kinda the opposite of an equation.
-
It may look bad....but as far as I am concerned I don't mind.
I am not on board for Hue Jackson. Nothing personal, just a gut feeling that he is not the right person.
I'm the opposite, for the same unknown reasons. I just feel like he's the guy for us, but no idea why.
I'm the opposite, for the same unknown reasons. I just feel like he's the guy for us, but no idea why.
He has a pretty good track record.
He's worked under Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Marvin Lewis, Bobby Petrino, John Harbaugh - which isn't any bad coaching trees for anybody worried about that type of thing.
He was WR coach for Chad Johnson when he was having career year, QB coach for the Ravens when Flacco emerged.
He went 8-8 with a garbage roster in Oakland - every season in Oakland after he left has been a losing season.
He's a good candidate on paper, and he's really familiar with the AFCN - it's not surprising he's the one many people want.
-
what calculus did you use to come up with that equation?
That's not an equation. It's an inequality. I suppose that's kinda the opposite of an equation.
That's not an equation. It's an inequality. I suppose that's kinda the opposite of an equation.
but there's still gotta be some math that went into the postulate that the Browns are a better landing spot than the Giants. I'd like to know that math and what dark nebulous corner of quantum mechanics it came from.
-
Traded for Carson Palmer and went 8-8 at Oakland, showing good judgement along the way.
That person deserves another chance and he knows the AFCN plus it weakens the bengals
I'm going to be very disappointed if it doesn't happen
-
That's not an equation. It's an inequality. I suppose that's kinda the opposite of an equation.
but there's still gotta be some math that went into the postulate that the Browns are a better landing spot than the Giants. I'd like to know that math and what dark nebulous corner of quantum mechanics it came from.
but there's still gotta be some math that went into the postulate that the Browns are a better landing spot than the Giants. I'd like to know that math and what dark nebulous corner of quantum mechanics it came from.
If you'd read all of my actual post, you'd find out. Of course, that would require effort and thought, so you won't bother.
The Giants GM is one of few in the league whose performance over the last few years is actually worse than Farmer. He's hit on ODB and... Yep, keep looking. During Reese's tenure the last 7 years, the Giants have kept exactly 2 players between rounds 3-7. Those two are wide receiver Mario Manningham and linebacker Jacquian Williams. The only Pro Bowler from rounds 3-7 during Reese's time as general manager is long snapper Zak DeOssie, who was drafted in the fourth round in 2007 as a linebacker.
The only other useful player from Reese's tenure was the undrafted Victor Cruz..
As to the test statistic: The number of snaps played [offensive or defensive] by a drafted player on that team.
Browns GMs - crappy though they have been - are better than Reese.
The Browns HC opening is a better place than the Giants HC opening because at least the Browns have a chance to get an average GM. The current Giants GM is putting together one of the all-time worst GM records in the history of the NFL.
Ultimately as a coach, Hue ties himself to the GM who provides him with players. Why would Hue choose a horrific GM over a place that will clearly give him input into the drafting process?
-
but there's still gotta be some math that went into the postulate that the Browns are a better landing spot than the Giants. I'd like to know that math and what dark nebulous corner of quantum mechanics it came from.
If you'd read all of my actual post, you'd find out. Of course, that would require effort and thought, so you won't bother.
The Giants GM is one of few in the league whose performance over the last few years is actually worse than Farmer. He's hit on ODB and... Yep, keep looking. During Reese's tenure the last 7 years, the Giants have kept exactly 2 players between rounds 3-7. Those two are wide receiver Mario Manningham and linebacker Jacquian Williams. The only Pro Bowler from rounds 3-7 during Reese's time as general manager is long snapper Zak DeOssie, who was drafted in the fourth round in 2007 as a linebacker.
The only other useful player from Reese's tenure was the undrafted Victor Cruz..
As to the test statistic: The number of snaps played [offensive or defensive] by a drafted player on that team.
Browns GMs - crappy though they have been - are better than Reese.
The Browns HC opening is a better place than the Giants HC opening because at least the Browns have a chance to get an average GM. The current Giants GM is putting together one of the all-time worst GM records in the history of the NFL.
Ultimately as a coach, Hue ties himself to the GM who provides him with players. Why would Hue choose a horrific GM over a place that will clearly give him input into the drafting process?
Ultimately as a coach, Hue ties himself to the GM who provides him with players. Why would Hue choose a horrific GM over a place that will clearly give him input into the drafting process?
Because the NYG GM's poor track record gives him leverage to have more influence? Plus, you know, he'd still be working with a real GM...
When comparing FOs in their entirety, including ownership, which looks like the more stable organization?
-
but there's still gotta be some math that went into the postulate that the Browns are a better landing spot than the Giants. I'd like to know that math and what dark nebulous corner of quantum mechanics it came from.
If you'd read all of my actual post, you'd find out. Of course, that would require effort and thought, so you won't bother.
The Giants GM is one of few in the league whose performance over the last few years is actually worse than Farmer. He's hit on ODB and... Yep, keep looking. During Reese's tenure the last 7 years, the Giants have kept exactly 2 players between rounds 3-7. Those two are wide receiver Mario Manningham and linebacker Jacquian Williams. The only Pro Bowler from rounds 3-7 during Reese's time as general manager is long snapper Zak DeOssie, who was drafted in the fourth round in 2007 as a linebacker.
The only other useful player from Reese's tenure was the undrafted Victor Cruz..
As to the test statistic: The number of snaps played [offensive or defensive] by a drafted player on that team.
Browns GMs - crappy though they have been - are better than Reese.
The Browns HC opening is a better place than the Giants HC opening because at least the Browns have a chance to get an average GM. The current Giants GM is putting together one of the all-time worst GM records in the history of the NFL.
Ultimately as a coach, Hue ties himself to the GM who provides him with players. Why would Hue choose a horrific GM over a place that will clearly give him input into the drafting process?
If you'd read all of my actual post, you'd find out. Of course, that would require effort and thought, so you won't bother.
The Giants GM is one of few in the league whose performance over the last few years is actually worse than Farmer. He's hit on ODB and... Yep, keep looking. During Reese's tenure the last 7 years, the Giants have kept exactly 2 players between rounds 3-7. Those two are wide receiver Mario Manningham and linebacker Jacquian Williams. The only Pro Bowler from rounds 3-7 during Reese's time as general manager is long snapper Zak DeOssie, who was drafted in the fourth round in 2007 as a linebacker.
The only other useful player from Reese's tenure was the undrafted Victor Cruz..
As to the test statistic: The number of snaps played [offensive or defensive] by a drafted player on that team.
Browns GMs - crappy though they have been - are better than Reese.
The Browns HC opening is a better place than the Giants HC opening because at least the Browns have a chance to get an average GM. The current Giants GM is putting together one of the all-time worst GM records in the history of the NFL.
Ultimately as a coach, Hue ties himself to the GM who provides him with players. Why would Hue choose a horrific GM over a place that will clearly give him input into the drafting process?
Also factor in the fact that our HC will likely have much more say in personnel matters.
-
@SteveDoerschuk
Text we received from Browns just now says: "Can confirm we've completed a 2nd interview with Bengals OC Hue Jackson for our HC position."
-
He'll go to San Fran and we'll hire the Montreal Alouettes' lineman coach skeezax mcbelzar.
-
-
Giants also have a GM who is an abject failure who isn't being shown the door.. whereas in Cleveland Hue would get to pick a GM he could work with.
Browns job > Gints job at this point.
Giants also have a GM who is an abject failure who isn't being shown the door.. whereas in Cleveland Hue would get to pick a GM he could work with.
Browns job > Gints job at this point.
Not only that- regarding the Giants. Rumor has it their GM wants to do a huge push to make one final SB before Manning burns out. With his track record, lotsa luck. They're got Manning, Beckham, nine finger Pierre, Cromartie- and not much else.
He'll go to San Fran and we'll hire the Montreal Alouettes' lineman coach skeezax mcbelzar.
I heard SF is out of the running, (interviewing Coughlin) but with the Browns luck, we'll probably will get some CFL reject.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
