Skip to content

Told You He Was Fast

The Browns Board
50 16 1.7k
  • It worked out well for OSU

    They can still claim they're the best without risking a head to head matchup that says differently

    @mld-woody said:

    It worked out well for OSU

    They can still claim they're the best without risking a head to head matchup that says differently

    I get your Michigan homerism, but you're dead wrong. I heard that same argument last year and how did that work out? Face it, you guys are still the little brother to OSU getting beat up on every year. Sucks to suck, as we all know.

  • BTW off-topic, but I waited on some Michigan fans the other day and when I presented them with the bill the one guy reached for it. I told him I would hate to see him fumble it away so I'll just set it safely on the table. Still got a 20% tip even tho he wrote go blue on the receipt.

  • @andeftw said:

    The guy is fast once he goes untouched for 10 yards. Where's the burst? You expect him to have those kind of running lanes in the NFL? Clemson shut him out the entire game except for a few plays where he ran through 5 foot holes.

    Take him at #32 with all the talent in this draft? Nonsense...

    Yeah, people told me my favorite do it all receiver last year was nonsense too. How'd Tyler Lockett work out for Seattle BTW?

    Some team will be happy they have a power back like this who opens up the rest off the offense when a D keys on him and can block for his QB when required. Just sayin. Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too. But he could finish a power run like few can for the tough inside yardage every team has to make if they want to compete.

    I will be happy to entertain "I told you so's" after next season I he fails in the NFL. So he is my "Tyler Lockett" pick this year. "Yeah well, gives me somethin' to do" 😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah, people told me my favorite do it all receiver last year was nonsense too. How'd Tyler Lockett work out for Seattle BTW?

    Some team will be happy they have a power back like this who opens up the rest off the offense when a D keys on him and can block for his QB when required. Just sayin. Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too. But he could finish a power run like few can for the tough inside yardage every team has to make if they want to compete.

    You are joking about Lockett, right? The guy ran 4.4 at the combine, posted back-to-back 1,000 yard 10 TD seasons as a junior and senior with a bunch of nobodies throwing him the ball, plus 4 punt/kickoff return TDs in college. Plenty of people thought he could have immediate impact as a punt/kick returner and as a slot receiver. The amounts of pick the Seahawks gave up to trade up for him amounts to a late first round pick...

    With regards to Henry - Tough inside yardage? Use your fullback. Block for you QB? Plenty of running backs capable of doing that.

    You would take a guy like that, who is basically useless as a receiver, at 32 with all of the talent that will be left on the board? What a waste of a first round pick...

  • Go for the WR at #32. Can Derrick Henry be any better really that Crowell? I don't think much.

  • @andeftw said:

    The guy is fast once he goes untouched for 10 yards. Where's the burst? You expect him to have those kind of running lanes in the NFL? Clemson shut him out the entire game except for a few plays where he ran through 5 foot holes.

    Take him at #32 with all the talent in this draft? Nonsense...

    Yeah, people told me my favorite do it all receiver last year was nonsense too. How'd Tyler Lockett work out for Seattle BTW?

    Some team will be happy they have a power back like this who opens up the rest off the offense when a D keys on him and can block for his QB when required. Just sayin. Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too. But he could finish a power run like few can for the tough inside yardage every team has to make if they want to compete.

    I will be happy to entertain "I told you so's" after next season I he fails in the NFL. So he is my "Tyler Lockett" pick this year. "Yeah well, gives me somethin' to do" 😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah, people told me my favorite do it all receiver last year was nonsense too. How'd Tyler Lockett work out for Seattle BTW?

    Some team will be happy they have a power back like this who opens up the rest off the offense when a D keys on him and can block for his QB when required. Just sayin. Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too. But he could finish a power run like few can for the tough inside yardage every team has to make if they want to compete.

    I will be happy to entertain "I told you so's" after next season I he fails in the NFL. So he is my "Tyler Lockett" pick this year. "Yeah well, gives me somethin' to do" 😛

    There's no comparing Henry to Campbell. Earl could literally run over defenders, and bounce off of them when he took shots that knocked Henry 2 yards backwards.

    Hell, from what I saw on a power level, give me Ron Dayne or Christian Okoye.

    The other poster's comment about no burst looks to be accurate. Wonder how he'll do in the agility drills, if he decides to show up for the combine.

    @the-gipper said:

    Go for the WR at #32. Can Derrick Henry be any better really that Crowell? I don't think much.

    I agree Gip, Zeke Elliott would be an upgrade, Henry, not so much.

  • Henry doesnt look that good to me either. Not fast enough or strong enough for the NFL. Slow to accelerate or cut. Would take him late, but no way in the early rounds.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lmao and smh... try it... it's not easy to do both at the same time...

    tried. it's a fail every time.

    like my tiypin skllz.

    @miktoxic said:

    like my tiypin skllz.

    Never used a tie-pin... used to use tie-tacs, however...

    @the-gipper said:

    Does AJ McCarron count?

    Leave my AJ alone...

    @texasag1969 said:

    Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too.

    Earl was slow? Ran a sub 4.5, but he was slow?

  • A year from now I will get my revenge on all of you naysayers. I'll bring JM back to Cleveland with me. 😁

    Don't let me down Derrick.

  • lol...

    If I tell you I love Derrick, will you keep Manziel away?

  • lol...

    If I tell you I love Derrick, will you keep Manziel away?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol...

    If I tell you I love Derrick, will you keep Manziel away?

    Only if you'll say you'd draft him too. 😛

  • Richardson was better in college.

  • Richardson was better in college.

    @wargograw said:

    Richardson was better in college.

    You could be a Browns owner. You just met qualification #1. 😉