Skip to content

Teams In Competition For A Qb

The Browns Board
36 17 1.1k
  • He did have that bad game and I didn't get to watch that so I definitely need to check it out, but Goff would have been benched in that 5 int game if had a player like Barrett behind him. I like Goff and I would be OK if we got him, but I don't feel like he's head and shoulders the best QB in the draft.

    I don't see any glaring issues with Cardales mechanics. Quick release but it's a little low. Feet look pretty good and he steps into the pocket with pressure. Rarely throws off his back foot. He does give up on the play and take off, but he's shown the ability to keep his eyes down field.

    I'm not an Ohio state fan so I was expecting there to be a lot more chatter on him in these forums.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I'm not an Ohio state fan so I was expecting there to be a lot more chatter on him in these forums.

    There was... a year ago.

    VesnaKociper said:

    Personally, I think Lynch goes before Goff.

    Perfect!

  • We dont need a QB this year.

    @kvoethe said:

    We dont need a QB this year.

    Absolutely not.

    We have a 37 year old journeyman, a drunk midget about to be cut, and two absolute nobodies with third string skills.

    Why even discuss the position this year?

    Z

  • Why is no one on the boards talking about Cardale Jones? Is there a personality issue? Is he dumb or lazy? I've watched all of these guys play and he is by far the most talented. All of these guys are raw and probably won't show much until year 2, but if Cardale is willing to put the time in in the film room, he should be our guy.

    I like Goff but I'm concerned about his arm strength and that system he was in.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Why is no one on the boards talking about Cardale Jones? Is there a personality issue? Is he dumb or lazy? I've watched all of these guys play and he is by far the most talented. All of these guys are raw and probably won't show much until year 2, but if Cardale is willing to put the time in in the film room, he should be our guy.

    I like Goff but I'm concerned about his arm strength and that system he was in.

    Because Cardale is now slotted to go in the third round. Yeah, he's got all the physical traits you could ask for, the question is- does he have the smarts?

  • VesnaKociper said:

    The talk on TN Sports talk radio is that the Titans are looking to trade their #1 #1 to one of the teams wanting a QB.

    Goff or Lynch may be off the table by the time the Browns pick. If the Browns are fine with eiither Lynch or Goff then they can pick at #.

    However, if they are sold on one of them, then they need to trade up, or be happy with not getting the guy they want. If I am TN, I am shopping the hell out of the #1 #1 for someone who needs a QB, knowing that it also will pressure the Browns.

    Personally, I think Lynch goes before Goff.

    They're hoping for an RG III windfall- and they're not going to get it. If someone jumps us and takes the qb we really want, and we don't think the other one is worth the #2 overall- I say screw it, take Bosa and draft Cardale (or the equivalent) @ #32.

    🙂 The only two qb needy teams who could possibly jump us are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7. Texas Ag thinks the Cowboys will pick up our drunk midget to back up Romo, & the 49ers would probably have to give up too much. Just saw a Niners fan say with Kelley coaching- he'll probably go with Kap, and pick a different position.

    IMHO the Titans will not trade any lower than the 49ers pick, and lose out on a premier LT. The Dolphins and Bucs, next in line both need OL help.

    Of course the Titans #1 need is a left tackle, so you'd probably LOVE it if we traded them Joe Thomas to move up one slot. In reality, with the Titans in a rebuild mode, they're not going to want to trade for a quick fix LT that's on the high side of 30.

  • If I didn't think it would be too poisonous to this team, I would suggest that we keep Manziel and start him next year and don't WASTE a number two pick on a QB in a draft where there aren't any franchise QBs available and your defensive needs are greater.

    But given our new HC and Haslam's statements, we will waste this pick on a QB.

    Even so, you DON'T draft a QB and be stupid enough to start him from day one.

    To develop ANY QB requires time, which I thought they were doing correctly with Manziel, until it became clear that he thought he'd 'made it' just by being drafted, then partied and gambled instead of working at learning a professional system.

    So, you start Manziel and let him take the pounding while you teach your new guy a professional system.

    Johnny might show enough to make him more valuable to other teams, so i say start him... as long as he doesn't show up drunk, hung over or having gone to Vegas and bet his salary against the Browns in any one week.

    You bring in your protege when you're down by 20+ points and get him some valuable snaps.

    By the end of his first year he could get some starts.

    By year two he should be ready to be your starting 'franchise' QB.

  • On the chargers, I feel sure Rivers made it clear that he would not be moving to LA, so if the team does, they'll need a new QB.

  • Also, look for RG3 to end up in SF backing up/competing with Kaepernick.

  • Were gonna draft one of the big guys. Count on it. It will be Lynch, Wentz or Jones.

  • Were gonna draft one of the big guys. Count on it. It will be Lynch, Wentz or Jones.

    @flyin-j said:

    Were gonna draft one of the big guys. Count on it. It will be Lynch, Wentz or Jones.

    If that's your criteria, then you need to add Coker and Sudfeld... maybe even Johnson and Gustafson, if they declare...

  • There is also the potential "Chip Kelly Cog In The Wheel" again this year. After he was hired by San Francisco I read two articles on Fan Sided that predicted Chip would draft Goff. Now it's way too early to speculate but here we go with Kelly in position to trade up for another QB he desires. So just like last year everyone will be wondering what this faux master mind has up his sleeve. Could be nothing but smoke like last year. I hope he stays far away from the Browns FO. Makes me glad they hired these analytical guys! Maybe they'll break the tradition of trading down and taking crap at number 22

    @opal312 said:

    There is also the potential "Chip Kelly Cog In The Wheel" again this year. After he was hired by San Francisco I read two articles on Fan Sided that predicted Chip would draft Goff. Now it's way too early to speculate but here we go with Kelly in position to trade up for another QB he desires. So just like last year everyone will be wondering what this faux master mind has up his sleeve. Could be nothing but smoke like last year. I hope he stays far away from the Browns FO. Makes me glad they hired these analytical guys! Maybe they'll break the tradition of trading down and taking crap at number 22

    Chip Kelly is not in control of the roster....or the trading or drafting of players in SF. So, whatever he may want to cook up....can have that fire dashed out right now by the Niners GM.

  • On the chargers, I feel sure Rivers made it clear that he would not be moving to LA, so if the team does, they'll need a new QB.

    @gftchris said:

    On the chargers, I feel sure Rivers made it clear that he would not be moving to LA, so if the team does, they'll need a new QB.

    Except, he signed an extension to stay with the Chargers....knowing they were looking to move. I think he "I don't want to go to LA" talk was all just leverage to get a new deal....which he got. In other words...it was all BS.