Zip Lining
-
Not me. You have to be somewhat crazy to allow your body to be in a position to die. Parachuting is the same notion.
-
zip lining is crap next to skydiving. Ive been skydiving on several different occasions and it's...well...it's fucking awesome.
-
Would like to sky dive at some point, seems like fun. I've not done big zip lines, only little ones (from tops of trees to the ground etc), it's good fun, though a little scary when you end up going backwards.
-
I went on "the world's largest zip line course" in Haiti and while it was fun it didn't compare.
-
I can imagine. Freefalling just seems like such a thrill comparatively.
-
You guys are crazy.
-
Nah skydiving is pretty safe, statistically. Conversely I'm much more likely to die somewhere in my daily commute where I drive 70 miles to work and then another 70 miles home.
-
Nah skydiving is pretty safe, statistically. Conversely I'm much more likely to die somewhere in my daily commute where I drive 70 miles to work and then another 70 miles home.
Ya I guess you're right but if I died in a parachuting accident everybody would say, "well he always was scared of heights".Nah skydiving is pretty safe, statistically. Conversely I'm much more likely to die somewhere in my daily commute where I drive 70 miles to work and then another 70 miles home.
-
I have been parasailing a couple of times and that is awesome. Seems to me it would be better than zip lining....but not as fearsome as sky diving.
-
Parasailing is alright. It's not very scary to me because even if your line broke you'd just gently drop into the ocean. The appeal of that is mainly enjoying the sights of the ocean.
-
Parasailing is alright. It's not very scary to me because even if your line broke you'd just gently drop into the ocean. The appeal of that is mainly enjoying the sights of the ocean.
Parasailing is alright. It's not very scary to me because even if your line broke you'd just gently drop into the ocean. The appeal of that is mainly enjoying the sights of the ocean.
Well, isn't the appeal of parchuting that you will just gently drop to earth.
When I parasailed, once I landed on the back of a boat. The other time I landed on the beach.
-
The appeal of parachuting (to me) is the massive free falling, followed by gently gliding to earth and taking in the sights.
-
The point I was trying to make is you never have that one second 'holy shit' parasailing when your chute opens and you're suddenly yanked upwards and figure out you're not going to die. You start with an open chute.
-
The point I was trying to make is you never have that one second 'holy shit' parasailing when your chute opens and you're suddenly yanked upwards and figure out you're not going to die. You start with an open chute.
The point I was trying to make is you never have that one second 'holy shit' parasailing when your chute opens and you're suddenly yanked upwards and figure out you're not going to die. You start with an open chute.
Yes, I got that. That is why I said that Parasailing is like parchuting....but taking the Fear Factor out of it. Fair to say?
-
Well, I zip lined in Costa Rica.. They put me in a bright orange vest (No one else had to wear one) and then double harnessing. It took them about 15 minutes to find a pair of gloves to fit me.. There were numerous holy shit moments during the course.. Considering I KNEW the reason they had me in that vest is so they could find me down in the rain forest after they dropped my ass.. Let's just say OSHA had never been anywhere near that place..
Had a BLAST!! Would do it again tomorrow..
-
Well, I zip lined in Costa Rica.. They put me in a bright orange vest (No one else had to wear one) and then double harnessing. It took them about 15 minutes to find a pair of gloves to fit me.. There were numerous holy shit moments during the course.. Considering I KNEW the reason they had me in that vest is so they could find me down in the rain forest after they dropped my ass.. Let's just say OSHA had never been anywhere near that place..
Had a BLAST!! Would do it again tomorrow..
Well, I zip lined in Costa Rica.. They put me in a bright orange vest (No one else had to wear one) and then double harnessing. It took them about 15 minutes to find a pair of gloves to fit me.. There were numerous holy shit moments during the course.. Considering I KNEW the reason they had me in that vest is so they could find me down in the rain forest after they dropped my ass.. Let's just say OSHA had never been anywhere near that place..
Had a BLAST!! Would do it again tomorrow..
How much do you weigh?
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
