Skip to content

Panthers Vs. Seahawks/ Broncos Vs. Steelers

The Browns Board
105 18 2.2k
  • @mark-o said:

    apparently based on that rule is there's no penalty for fumbling a punt if you recover it in your own end zone

    I get that literally, but if that's the actual rule that is beyond stupid. That is benefiting a team who muffs a punt which is just baffling, that would be the same as allowing someone to fumble into the endzone for a TD

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @jrb12711 said:

    I get that literally, but if that's the actual rule that is beyond stupid. That is benefiting a team who muffs a punt which is just baffling, that would be the same as allowing someone to fumble into the endzone for a TD

    I agree with you...

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Finally...... Denver up 7 with 3:00 to go. Hopefully their defense can finish these fuckers off.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Denver is a shadow of what they were at the beginning of the season. THey should lose this game on principle, yeah i know who they're playing but seriously this team is shit. NE is going to rape either one of them

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Basically Seattle would have shit down both of these teams necks, and they got housed today by Carolina. NE is the only team in the AFC that has a chance in the SB and they need Ariz to beat up Carolina next week. If the Panthers are near 100% for the SB it's a done deal.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I get that literally, but if that's the actual rule that is beyond stupid. That is benefiting a team who muffs a punt which is just baffling, that would be the same as allowing someone to fumble into the endzone for a TD

    I agree with you...

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #62

    @mark-o said:

    I agree with you...

    yeah sorry wasn't calling out out but that's a really misguided rule. At least the Broncos weren't punished for it.

  • @mark-o said:

    I agree with you...

    yeah sorry wasn't calling out out but that's a really misguided rule. At least the Broncos weren't punished for it.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @jrb12711 said:

    yeah sorry wasn't calling out out but that's a really misguided rue. At least the Broncos weren't punished for it.

    I know you weren't. It is a really lame rule.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #64

    Lol.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #65

    I don't see how Ben was down there either

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Big gay Ben wasn't down that was a fumble.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    yeah sorry wasn't calling out out but that's a really misguided rue. At least the Broncos weren't punished for it.

    I know you weren't. It is a really lame rule.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @mark-o said:

    I know you weren't. It is a really lame rule.

    My thing is I would get that rule if you caught the ball in the endzone, muffed it and then recovered. But how there can be a rule that you can muff it and gain yards is just really confusing to me. I don't understand in the slightest why that's on the books but hopefully it comes up.

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #68

    Interesting no flag when the squeeler touched the ball too soon

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Seeing as how this game went, how big now was that hit by Burfict on Brown? Look how much trouble the Broncos secondary had keeping tabs on Bryant. WIth Brown there it's conceivable Pgh wins this game.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #70

    In any case, next week is going to be a sad sad end to Mannings career. That's going to be a house beating next week.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #71

    I like it more that Pittsburgh led for most of the game, gave them false hope while the rest of us knew what was going down.

    And Ben did fumble into a TD at the end, and the onside kick was touched before 10 yards - but neither mattered.

  • In any case, next week is going to be a sad sad end to Mannings career. That's going to be a house beating next week.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @clevfan4life said:

    In any case, next week is going to be a sad sad end to Mannings career. That's going to be a house beating next week.

    The only hope I have is that Denver's defense will play better next week. I think they underestimated Ben and it showed, but it's hard not to agree as of this second.

  • I like it more that Pittsburgh led for most of the game, gave them false hope while the rest of us knew what was going down.

    And Ben did fumble into a TD at the end, and the onside kick was touched before 10 yards - but neither mattered.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @bbedward said:

    And Ben did fumble into a TD at the end, and the onside kick was touched before 10 yards - but neither mattered.

    Yes, but the Stooler faithful will tell you that the refs never rule in their favor.

  • I like it more that Pittsburgh led for most of the game, gave them false hope while the rest of us knew what was going down.

    And Ben did fumble into a TD at the end, and the onside kick was touched before 10 yards - but neither mattered.

    P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @bbedward said:

    I like it more that Pittsburgh led for most of the game, gave them false hope while the rest of us knew what was going down.

    And Ben did fumble into a TD at the end, and the onside kick was touched before 10 yards - but neither mattered.

    The officials can't win them all for you

  • I don't see how Ben was down there either

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #75

    I will say one thing... The Steeler D did improve through the season. They really played well down the stretch. If they had a running threat they have been tougher to beat... if they had all their starters they'd be damn near unbeatable.

    Can't see AZ beating CAR...

    Can't see DVR beating NE...

    Going to be a helluva SB 50...

    @bbedward said:

    I don't see how Ben was down there either

    Agree... looked like a lateral. Turn him around and it's very likely called an incomplete pass.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Yikes. Glad to be wrong about my prediction for this one. I can't see Denver defeating New England and I'm a bit less sure about the NFC. That could go either way in my opinion.

    ...

    I hope New England Wins the SB.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #77

    If New England doesn't win I hope it's the Panthers that do. To be frank I'm just glad to be rid of the seahawks and steelers. Those were two teams I absolutely couldn't stomach winning again. Both have absolutely insufferable fanbases and I take no pity on the Ohioans that frontrun for the Steelers.