Skip to content

If Goff Is Gone...

The Browns Board
196 34 5.3k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So, you don't have a reason to not like it? I'd love to know what makes Goff a better deal than RG3 + whoever we can get at #2.

    As a matter of fact, I'd like to know what makes Goff a better NFL QB prospect than RG3 straight up.

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    @bbedward said:

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    I guess though that I need to be informed about this bad attitude of his. He has been hurt....he may not have an offense designed for him.....but by all accounts he has acted a true professional about his situation.....unlike another Johnny come later.

  • If Goff is gone, I'd be surprised, and I'd take Wentz.

    @mike-h said:

    If Goff is gone, I'd be surprised, and I'd take Wentz.

    Agree... don't see Goff gone. Also don't see Wentz at #2, if that was what you were implying. But this is his week to make his case.

    @wargograw said:

    So that CBS article about how he won the battle against Garrett was true or false? I tried to break it down but Tunsil didn't play every snap (and neither did Garrett) so I didn't feel like trying to figure out when they were facing off.

    Look at the cut-up on DraftBreakdown.

    I don't think they matched up enough to say either "won", but Garrett did gain the edge on Tunsil once and only a necktie takedown prevented a sack. I don't think the hold was called.

    Don't get me wrong... Tunsil was good... in fact he was very good and I will be shocked if I do not think of him as being a strong, 1st rounder... but a #1 overall candidate??? Big difference...

    Good PassPro mechanics, but only a fledgling kick drop... balance is good as is his knee flex and waist bend, but tended to let rusher get to his body.

    Run block he tended to run to not thru blocks... never saw him bury anyone... not even much smaller players. He'd pop them good, but then pause a beat as they separated. He'd often reengage, but any chance of a wipe out were gone. It's possible he just does not have a nasty streak I guess.

    A lot more tape to go.

  • Yeah I like Tunsil a lot. This year I may get more into the tape breakdown. If I can pry myself away from breaking down HS tape for a month.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So, you don't have a reason to not like it? I'd love to know what makes Goff a better deal than RG3 + whoever we can get at #2.

    As a matter of fact, I'd like to know what makes Goff a better NFL QB prospect than RG3 straight up.

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    @bbedward said:

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    When did Goff prove he can play in a pro offense? Must have missed that.

  • TC3PO, did you see my post to you the other day? Email me.

  • @bbedward said:

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    When did Goff prove he can play in a pro offense? Must have missed that.

    @wargograw said:

    When did Goff prove he can play in a pro offense? Must have missed that.

    He hasn't proved that he can't.

  • @bbedward said:

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    I guess though that I need to be informed about this bad attitude of his. He has been hurt....he may not have an offense designed for him.....but by all accounts he has acted a true professional about his situation.....unlike another Johnny come later.

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess though that I need to be informed about this bad attitude of his. He has been hurt....he may not have an offense designed for him.....but by all accounts he has acted a true professional about his situation.....unlike another Johnny come later.

    There were lots of reports that his teammates didn't like him iirc.

  • @mike-h said:

    If Goff is gone, I'd be surprised, and I'd take Wentz.

    Agree... don't see Goff gone. Also don't see Wentz at #2, if that was what you were implying. But this is his week to make his case.

    @wargograw said:

    So that CBS article about how he won the battle against Garrett was true or false? I tried to break it down but Tunsil didn't play every snap (and neither did Garrett) so I didn't feel like trying to figure out when they were facing off.

    Look at the cut-up on DraftBreakdown.

    I don't think they matched up enough to say either "won", but Garrett did gain the edge on Tunsil once and only a necktie takedown prevented a sack. I don't think the hold was called.

    Don't get me wrong... Tunsil was good... in fact he was very good and I will be shocked if I do not think of him as being a strong, 1st rounder... but a #1 overall candidate??? Big difference...

    Good PassPro mechanics, but only a fledgling kick drop... balance is good as is his knee flex and waist bend, but tended to let rusher get to his body.

    Run block he tended to run to not thru blocks... never saw him bury anyone... not even much smaller players. He'd pop them good, but then pause a beat as they separated. He'd often reengage, but any chance of a wipe out were gone. It's possible he just does not have a nasty streak I guess.

    A lot more tape to go.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... don't see Goff gone. Also don't see Wentz at #2, if that was what you were implying. But this is his week to make his case.

    Look at the cut-up on DraftBreakdown.

    I don't think they matched up enough to say either "won", but Garrett did gain the edge on Tunsil once and only a necktie takedown prevented a sack. I don't think the hold was called.

    Don't get me wrong... Tunsil was good... in fact he was very good and I will be shocked if I do not think of him as being a strong, 1st rounder... but a #1 overall candidate??? Big difference...

    Good PassPro mechanics, but only a fledgling kick drop... balance is good as is his knee flex and waist bend, but tended to let rusher get to his body.

    Run block he tended to run to not thru blocks... never saw him bury anyone... not even much smaller players. He'd pop them good, but then pause a beat as they separated. He'd often reengage, but any chance of a wipe out were gone. It's possible he just does not have a nasty streak I guess.

    A lot more tape to go.

    I don't think saying Wentz at 2 is any crazier or acceptable than saying Goff there. Have watched a few of each of their games. I don't think any of them will be available at 32, so they'll probably have to take their guy at 2. Of course I thought that about Carr, Teddy and Manziel, too.

  • @vagitron said:

    I expect a down turn when Ben hangs them up but I will never expect 15 years of losing. The steelers have a well run organization with a ton of continuity and as long as that is maintained I don't ever see them having more than a couple losing seasons in a row. We already had a slight downturn while the offense and defense were retooled. Now we have arguably the best offense in the nfl with a surplus at wr. We won't be able to keep them all and a emerging and very fast defense. Ben and Bell never took a snap this past season together. It's crazy to even think about. The Browns need that continuity.

    The Browns need quality continuity. We could have had continuity....if we had kept the inept people in their place.

    That is the thing about continuity.....it isn't just a matter of keeping the same people in place that lose year after year....as has occurred with some franchises (Cardinals/Lions).

    You have to keep TRYING to put good people in place.

    And FYI....having a quality QB in place helps an awful lot. That mainly has been the difference between the Browns and the Steelers.

    Fucking hell....if Derek Anderson had been what we hoped he would after 2007....both he and Romeo could have still been here.

    He wasn't....and neither was anyone else.

    @the-gipper said:

    Fucking hell....if Derek Anderson had been what we hoped he would after 2007....both he and Romeo could have still been here.

    He wasn't....and neither was anyone else.

    That's because idiots in the stand demand a quarterback who can single-handedly take a shit team to the Super Bowl within 2 seasons. Well one actually. It's not realistic and it doesn't work. Now back to your race baiting.

    🙂

    WSS

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So, you don't have a reason to not like it? I'd love to know what makes Goff a better deal than RG3 + whoever we can get at #2.

    As a matter of fact, I'd like to know what makes Goff a better NFL QB prospect than RG3 straight up.

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    @bbedward said:

    RG3 hasn't proven he can play a pro offense. He has extensive injury history, he couldn't displace Kirk Cousins on a team that mortgaged a fuck ton for him, and he's had reports questioning his locker room presence.

    Also, RG3 isn't so much of a prospect anymore. It's pretty much known what he is.

    RG3 is not going to be the lightning in a bottle that'll end our near 20 year long QB debate - as I see it.

    He's statistically much more sound than any QB we've had in 15 years. From a pure numbers standpoint, there's not much to dislike about him.

    Even at his worst, assuming that his injury had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with his decision making and that his lack of protection had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with his mindset, RG3 didn't exhibit a clear pattern of inability to read NFL defenses. If you think that, I implore you to go back and watch his tape.

    There's a lot of group think on this board. It's few and far between you find someone who actually forms their own opinion based off of what they actually see. I pray you don't end up becoming one of those who regurgitates what they hear on ESPN.

    But if you do believe that RG3 lost a straight up, completely even QB battle with Kirk Cousins, then I have some beautiful oceanfront property in Kansas for ya.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess though that I need to be informed about this bad attitude of his. He has been hurt....he may not have an offense designed for him.....but by all accounts he has acted a true professional about his situation.....unlike another Johnny come later.

    There were lots of reports that his teammates didn't like him iirc.

    @bbedward said:

    There were lots of reports that his teammates didn't like him iirc.

    Many of those were found to be untrue. Most of the reports as of late have been in his favor.

    This is the most recent write up I could find, it's very much the opposite of what you stated.

    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/12/robert-griffin-rg3-washington-tenure-ends-nfl

  • I have formed my own opinion, and I don't like the idea of banking our future on RG3

  • TC3PO, did you see my post to you the other day? Email me.

    @wargograw said:

    TC3PO, did you see my post to you the other day? Email me.

    This isn't Tinder

  • @vagitron said:

    Good juan.

    Cleveland and Ohio in general has a lot of catching up to do. I see more racist, Confederate flag flying rednecks in Ohio than I ever do in PA by a large margin. Looks like a pretty entertaining family reunion tho.

    I'm very pro-Confederate flag (and I'm not racist at all), but why would people in Ohio and PA fly it?

    @wargograw said:

    I'm very pro-Confederate flag (and I'm not racist at all), but why would people in Ohio and PA fly it?

    Racism. I also don't understand the pro Confederate flag movement. The south lost the war. Robert E. Lee himself said fold them up and put them in a drawer.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! 😆

    Try one of these.

    B6ab6is6u.jpeg

    what are those, $10 ea. at a retail store?

    GTFO. for 3 of those beers you could buy a nice bottle of booze and be happy the whole weekend, or in a lot of your cases, a month.

    craft beer, imported beer? sure it's fine for a taste changer but you aren't drinking those all day unless you want to walk around look like a balloon AND be broke......

    @miktoxic said:

    what are those, $10 ea. at a retail store?

    GTFO. for 3 of those beers you could buy a nice bottle of booze and be happy the whole weekend, or in a lot of your cases, a month.

    craft beer, imported beer? sure it's fine for a taste changer but you aren't drinking those all day unless you want to walk around look like a balloon AND be broke......

    Throw one of those down and you are prob done, very high alcohol content most of the time. They are also most certainly more than 10 per. I'd say around 12-15. I only drink micro brews unless it's scotch or jack and coke.

  • @richiswhere said:

    I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?

    The dude makes impact plays all over the field, wherever his coaches put him, and he has a motor that has no off switch. The downside for most coaches will be they won't know what to do with him because he is a tweener.

    Bad NFL coaches will insist he adds weight to fit their scheme, but if he's lucky enough to get with a good coach who knows how to use him, the skies the limit for Myles in the NFL.

    Did I mention he has a psychotic motor?? 😎

    @d-bone said:

    The dude makes impact plays all over the field, wherever his coaches put him, and he has a motor that has no off switch. The downside for most coaches will be they won't know what to do with him because he is a tweener.

    Bad NFL coaches will insist he adds weight to fit their scheme, but if he's lucky enough to get with a good coach who knows how to use him, the skies the limit for Myles in the NFL.

    Did I mention he has a psychotic motor?? 😎

    We need more psychotic...JM anyone?

  • TC3PO, did you see my post to you the other day? Email me.

    @wargograw said:

    TC3PO, did you see my post to you the other day? Email me.

    Nope, what's up?

  • @wargograw said:

    I'm very pro-Confederate flag (and I'm not racist at all), but why would people in Ohio and PA fly it?

    Racism. I also don't understand the pro Confederate flag movement. The south lost the war. Robert E. Lee himself said fold them up and put them in a drawer.

    @vagitron said:

    Racism. I also don't understand the pro Confederate flag movement. The south lost the war. Robert E. Lee himself said fold them up and put them in a drawer.

    Well I have some original Confederate States of America cash money I had tastefully framed and placed on my library wall. It's just history.

    And besides it was given to me one Christmas by my thievin' Yankee in-laws from Rhode Island. 😆

    But in all fairness they also gave me an 1876 American flag. Custer would be proud in was made the same year he bit the dust. I hang it up in the entryway every July 4th.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! 😆

    Try one of these.

    B6ab6is6u.jpeg

    what are those, $10 ea. at a retail store?

    GTFO. for 3 of those beers you could buy a nice bottle of booze and be happy the whole weekend, or in a lot of your cases, a month.

    craft beer, imported beer? sure it's fine for a taste changer but you aren't drinking those all day unless you want to walk around look like a balloon AND be broke......

    @miktoxic said:

    what are those, $10 ea. at a retail store?

    GTFO. for 3 of those beers you could buy a nice bottle of booze and be happy the whole weekend, or in a lot of your cases, a month.

    craft beer, imported beer? sure it's fine for a taste changer but you aren't drinking those all day unless you want to walk around look like a balloon AND be broke......

    As they say Mik- "wine is fine, but liquor is quicker." If you're talking buzz for the buck- shit, you can get a 1.75 of Kamchatka (maybe two) for the same price as 3 of those beers. Liver failure is not far off. 🙂 The liquor equivalents of those beers are Patron, VSOP cognac, and single malt scotches.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Micro brews

    Pussy brews

    Depends on your POV. Pussy brews are any American "Lite" beer. I still am amazed guys will shell out $8 bucks at the stadium for a bottle of that watered down crap. Try this stuff if you can find it- it's the closest thing you're going to find to a babbling brook in a can.

    PEARL-LIGHT-LAGER.jpg

    @vagitron said:

    Throw one of those down and you are prob done, very high alcohol content most of the time. They are also most certainly more than 10 per. I'd say around 12-15. I only drink micro brews unless it's scotch or jack and coke.

    Exactly Vag. I'm not beneath tossing down a Labatts or Coors after I've just gotten done cutting the grass on a 95 degree day, but that's the difference. Craft beers are meant to be savored, not just casually tossed back. I'd bet even Mik would have a royal buzz on if he drank a six pack of my St. Bernardus Abbot 12. Fact: our local Tap room will cut you off after you've had 3 of them. 🙂

  • Micro brews

    Pussy brews

    "One said:

    Micro brews

    Pussy brews

    Sounds like you're the kind of guy who will slug bud lite all night long not realizing that water is free.

    Old people stuck in their ways and rubes who can't think their way past mass marketing are the only two reasons bud lite is even a thing any more.