Skip to content

If Goff Is Gone...

The Browns Board
196 34 5.4k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.

  • @miktoxic said:

    beer snobs, wine snobs.....whatever. hey if that's your thing fine. if you're outside in the hot sun for more than 2 hours i doubt if you're pulling watney's out the cooler, rather a can of ice cold bud (MMMmmmm) cuz you can always pour yourself a sidecar to up the level without getting all fuggin bloated and having to find a port-a-potty to take a shit in.

    but the young euro-fag hipsters with long gnarley beards who wear a beanie with a suit (like on men's wearhouse comm's) and skinny jeans with 3 inch rolled up cuffs and skateboard around their hipster-fag blog office...............uh, no. they're not in it (the drinking on tailgate day) for the long haul anyways. they just want to make an appearance and walk away thinking "man i'm cool" mean while as soon as they leave ear shot people are calling them douchebags.

    i think between a redneck or a euro-fag hipster if i had to swerve off the road to avoid hitting a dog and instead hit one of them?????? wait maybe i could hit one and do a 360 and hit the other one too?

    ok, cool.

    Lol, won't argue that BUT there are more heat accessible micros like Belgian wheats for example. You know what my ass is drinking after a hot ass day of cutting the grass? Ice cold water or iced tea. Beer just dehydrates and I don't like fucking headaches 🙂
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Lol, won't argue that BUT there are more heat accessible micros like Belgian wheats for example. You know what my ass is drinking after a hot ass day of cutting the grass? Ice cold water or iced tea. Beer just dehydrates and I don't like fucking headaches 🙂

    love belgian whites. but there is a limit of how much i can drink of any craft beer.....i guess any beer nowadays. agree on the dehydration. but be around a sand pit volleyball pit playing playing all in with sand in your face and then try and pick up a hot blonde out of a gaggle of 10 in the tempe sun who is drinking a coors and you have iced tea.

    just sayin. you might live to tell the tale but if they're drinkin they want you to be drinkin too.

    man those were the days!

  • @the-gipper said:

    So? You think that Budweiser and PBR and Coors are the best brews around?

    Even I, a non beer lover know better than that.

    and if you've ever been in europe (germany) it's just the opposite. they crave american beer and cigs.

    you might think i'm lying (i'm not) the biggest crowd ever in a german beergarten i had ever been to in my 3 years there was the 'imported american beer' night, specifically stroh's (yeah, i know). they tweak imports there like they do here. there is no 'green label' heineken over there. it's got a red label. there aren't cases sold there are racks in milk crates. anyhoo, even i enjoyed that imported stroh's that night on tap.

    meanwhile before joining the army you couldn't pay me to drink that swill. (still can't....hell do they even make that anymore?)

    bud is bud. don't like it? don't drink it. meanwhile i'll go home with money in my pocket while everyone else is breaking out their credit cards to pay for their tab of 4 duvels.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    and if you've ever been in europe (germany) it's just the opposite. they crave american beer and cigs.

    you might think i'm lying (i'm not) the biggest crowd ever in a german beergarten i had ever been to in my 3 years there was the 'imported american beer' night, specifically stroh's (yeah, i know). they tweak imports there like they do here. there is no 'green label' heineken over there. it's got a red label. there aren't cases sold there are racks in milk crates. anyhoo, even i enjoyed that imported stroh's that night on tap.

    meanwhile before joining the army you couldn't pay me to drink that swill. (still can't....hell do they even make that anymore?)

    bud is bud. don't like it? don't drink it. meanwhile i'll go home with money in my pocket while everyone else is breaking out their credit cards to pay for their tab of 4 duvels.

    If you are after a buzz you drink a whole hell of a lot less micro than domestic. It's all a matter of preference. I don't look down on people that throw back the piss water. If its what you like you've certainly earned the money to spend it as you please. I do encourage people to try new stuff though as people really are missing out. The beer I linked in here for example is so fucking good. Great winter beer too and it's not outrageous expensive or maybe my micro brew place is just reasonable in good ol Delaware Ohio. Speaking of Delaware where the hell has slowburn been?

  • mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.

    thanks chris but i like my beer chilled. 😄

  • mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.

    Been there, done that. Like drinking warm piss. That's why they have to dilute it with lemonade.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So? You think that Budweiser and PBR and Coors are the best brews around?

    Even I, a non beer lover know better than that.

    and if you've ever been in europe (germany) it's just the opposite. they crave american beer and cigs.

    you might think i'm lying (i'm not) the biggest crowd ever in a german beergarten i had ever been to in my 3 years there was the 'imported american beer' night, specifically stroh's (yeah, i know). they tweak imports there like they do here. there is no 'green label' heineken over there. it's got a red label. there aren't cases sold there are racks in milk crates. anyhoo, even i enjoyed that imported stroh's that night on tap.

    meanwhile before joining the army you couldn't pay me to drink that swill. (still can't....hell do they even make that anymore?)

    bud is bud. don't like it? don't drink it. meanwhile i'll go home with money in my pocket while everyone else is breaking out their credit cards to pay for their tab of 4 duvels.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @miktoxic said:

    and if you've ever been in europe (germany) it's just the opposite. they crave american beer and cigs.

    When I was in Austria and Germany they all made fun of American beer and joked about how great it must be for me to be having a real beer.

    They had good beer - since it was summer they were drinking a lot of hefeweizens.

    I didn't see any american beers on the shelves where I went (though being in Germany I wasn't particularly looking for it) - they did have American liquors though.

    Even though they make American beer jokes, the daily grind there seemed to be mostly Heineken/Becks. The fancier stuff was pretty much like it is here - not the everyman beer. Heineken and Becks aren't that great, certainly not much better than much of the cheaper American beers - but they didn't seem to think so.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    You guys are too kind..!

  • @miktoxic said:

    and if you've ever been in europe (germany) it's just the opposite. they crave american beer and cigs.

    you might think i'm lying (i'm not) the biggest crowd ever in a german beergarten i had ever been to in my 3 years there was the 'imported american beer' night, specifically stroh's (yeah, i know). they tweak imports there like they do here. there is no 'green label' heineken over there. it's got a red label. there aren't cases sold there are racks in milk crates. anyhoo, even i enjoyed that imported stroh's that night on tap.

    meanwhile before joining the army you couldn't pay me to drink that swill. (still can't....hell do they even make that anymore?)

    bud is bud. don't like it? don't drink it. meanwhile i'll go home with money in my pocket while everyone else is breaking out their credit cards to pay for their tab of 4 duvels.

    If you are after a buzz you drink a whole hell of a lot less micro than domestic. It's all a matter of preference. I don't look down on people that throw back the piss water. If its what you like you've certainly earned the money to spend it as you please. I do encourage people to try new stuff though as people really are missing out. The beer I linked in here for example is so fucking good. Great winter beer too and it's not outrageous expensive or maybe my micro brew place is just reasonable in good ol Delaware Ohio. Speaking of Delaware where the hell has slowburn been?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    If you are after a buzz you drink a whole hell of a lot less micro than domestic. It's all a matter of preference. I don't look down on people that throw back the piss water. If its what you like you've certainly earned the money to spend it as you please. I do encourage people to try new stuff though as people really are missing out. The beer I linked in here for example is so fucking good. Great winter beer too and it's not outrageous expensive or maybe my micro brew place is just reasonable in good ol Delaware Ohio. Speaking of Delaware where the hell has slowburn been?

    Are you operating a microbrew?

    They are about to open one up here in Wadsworth.....come June I believe.

  • @westside-steve said:

    That's because idiots in the stand demand a quarterback who can single-handedly take a shit team to the Super Bowl within 2 seasons. Well one actually. It's not realistic and it doesn't work. Now back to your race baiting.

    🙂

    WSS

    The problem has not been that the teams around them have been that bad....the problem is that these QBs have been that bad.

    And what? You think if we let these QBs display a Confederate Flag on their ass that they would play better? (Even I would be in favor of that if it worked...but how do you think it would go down in a locker room)

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    The problem has not been that the teams around them have been that bad....the problem is that these QBs have been that bad.

    ☆? I really don't think the Cleveland Browns have fielded great teams with only the quarterback as the weak link.☆

    And what? You think if we let these QBs display a Confederate Flag on their ass that they would play better? (Even I would be in favor of that if it worked...but how do you think it would go down in a locker room)

    ☆ it's hard to describe how small a fuck I might possibly give about the Confederate flag. I probably care more about the release of the next beanie baby.☆

    WSS

  • @erie-dawg said:

    The only thing worse than hipsters is a craft beer hipster.

    There so annoying you want to rip out their dumb fucking beards and take a shit in their dumb fucking hats. 90% of craft beer sucks, it really does. But they are so douechey they don't realize it.

    Ha, you definitely haven't drank many micro brews if that's the case and I'm not talking about the random one or two on tap at Buffalo wild wings. I much prefer a micro brew but will still drink a bud or similar if I'm at a party. I won't drink that piss water everyone is happy to throw down tho. Bud light, Miller lite etc. It's not fucking hipster to enjoy better tasting beer and some of it is just a matter of adjusting your palate. Micro brews most of the time have so much more flavor than the watered down piss most drink its a shock to the mouth and you must adjust. Is someone a steak snob if they would rather eat filet mignon? Lol
    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by Erie Dawg

    @vagitron said:

    Ha, you definitely haven't drank many micro brews if that's the case and I'm not talking about the random one or two on tap at Buffalo wild wings. I much prefer a micro brew but will still drink a bud or similar if I'm at a party. I won't drink that piss water everyone is happy to throw down tho. Bud light, Miller lite etc. It's not fucking hipster to enjoy better tasting beer and some of it is just a matter of adjusting your palate. Micro brews most of the time have so much more flavor than the watered down piss most drink its a shock to the mouth and you must adjust. Is someone a steak snob if they would rather eat filet mignon? Lol

    It figures you would be that "Guy" Hey roll up your skinny jeans and tell me a good craft beer story.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    If you're not drinking Ballast Point yet, you're doing it wrong

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by

  • @the-gipper said:

    The problem has not been that the teams around them have been that bad....the problem is that these QBs have been that bad.

    ☆? I really don't think the Cleveland Browns have fielded great teams with only the quarterback as the weak link.☆

    And what? You think if we let these QBs display a Confederate Flag on their ass that they would play better? (Even I would be in favor of that if it worked...but how do you think it would go down in a locker room)

    ☆ it's hard to describe how small a fuck I might possibly give about the Confederate flag. I probably care more about the release of the next beanie baby.☆

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    ☆ it's hard to describe how small a fuck I might possibly give about the Confederate flag. I probably care more about the release of the next beanie baby.☆

    WSS

    I see that you like stars though. ttfn.

  • @miktoxic said:

    and if you've ever been in europe (germany) it's just the opposite. they crave american beer and cigs.

    When I was in Austria and Germany they all made fun of American beer and joked about how great it must be for me to be having a real beer.

    They had good beer - since it was summer they were drinking a lot of hefeweizens.

    I didn't see any american beers on the shelves where I went (though being in Germany I wasn't particularly looking for it) - they did have American liquors though.

    Even though they make American beer jokes, the daily grind there seemed to be mostly Heineken/Becks. The fancier stuff was pretty much like it is here - not the everyman beer. Heineken and Becks aren't that great, certainly not much better than much of the cheaper American beers - but they didn't seem to think so.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    When I was in Austria and Germany they all made fun of American beer and joked about how great it must be for me to be having a real beer.

    They had good beer - since it was summer they were drinking a lot of hefeweizens.

    I didn't see any american beers on the shelves where I went (though being in Germany I wasn't particularly looking for it) - they did have American liquors though.

    Even though they make American beer jokes, the daily grind there seemed to be mostly Heineken/Becks. The fancier stuff was pretty much like it is here - not the everyman beer. Heineken and Becks aren't that great, certainly not much better than much of the cheaper American beers - but they didn't seem to think so.

    thing about germany was than every town no matter how bug or small had their own beer, usually brewed by monks.

    drinking wurzburg hofbrau where i was, to them, was like drinking bud here.

    i mean talk about a nation who loves beer.....when have you ever seen a beer machine that you could put a couple of deutsch marks (then) in and a bottle of beer would come out. and that was on the outside on sidewalks where there was no monitor of who bought it.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    they had a Strohs night in Germany? I didn't even know they still brewed that toilet water.

  • @vagitron said:

    Lol, won't argue that BUT there are more heat accessible micros like Belgian wheats for example. You know what my ass is drinking after a hot ass day of cutting the grass? Ice cold water or iced tea. Beer just dehydrates and I don't like fucking headaches 🙂

    love belgian whites. but there is a limit of how much i can drink of any craft beer.....i guess any beer nowadays. agree on the dehydration. but be around a sand pit volleyball pit playing playing all in with sand in your face and then try and pick up a hot blonde out of a gaggle of 10 in the tempe sun who is drinking a coors and you have iced tea.

    just sayin. you might live to tell the tale but if they're drinkin they want you to be drinkin too.

    man those were the days!

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @miktoxic said:

    love belgian whites. but there is a limit of how much i can drink of any craft beer.....i guess any beer nowadays. agree on the dehydration. but be around a sand pit volleyball pit playing playing all in with sand in your face and then try and pick up a hot blonde out of a gaggle of 10 in the tempe sun who is drinking a coors and you have iced tea.

    just sayin. you might live to tell the tale but if they're drinkin they want you to be drinkin too.

    man those were the days!

    Get your old ass in the gym, you're never too old. It's a state of mind
  • @vagitron said:

    If you are after a buzz you drink a whole hell of a lot less micro than domestic. It's all a matter of preference. I don't look down on people that throw back the piss water. If its what you like you've certainly earned the money to spend it as you please. I do encourage people to try new stuff though as people really are missing out. The beer I linked in here for example is so fucking good. Great winter beer too and it's not outrageous expensive or maybe my micro brew place is just reasonable in good ol Delaware Ohio. Speaking of Delaware where the hell has slowburn been?

    Are you operating a microbrew?

    They are about to open one up here in Wadsworth.....come June I believe.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you operating a microbrew?

    They are about to open one up here in Wadsworth.....come June I believe.

    No, we have a food business but its not a microbrew joint. We have one that I always go to which is why I said "my micro brew place". It's called barley hopsters, located on the corner of sandusky and William Street in Delaware. (Ohio)

  • @miktoxic said:

    what are those, $10 ea. at a retail store?

    GTFO. for 3 of those beers you could buy a nice bottle of booze and be happy the whole weekend, or in a lot of your cases, a month.

    craft beer, imported beer? sure it's fine for a taste changer but you aren't drinking those all day unless you want to walk around look like a balloon AND be broke......

    As they say Mik- "wine is fine, but liquor is quicker." If you're talking buzz for the buck- shit, you can get a 1.75 of Kamchatka (maybe two) for the same price as 3 of those beers. Liver failure is not far off. 🙂 The liquor equivalents of those beers are Patron, VSOP cognac, and single malt scotches.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Micro brews

    Pussy brews

    Depends on your POV. Pussy brews are any American "Lite" beer. I still am amazed guys will shell out $8 bucks at the stadium for a bottle of that watered down crap. Try this stuff if you can find it- it's the closest thing you're going to find to a babbling brook in a can.

    PEARL-LIGHT-LAGER.jpg

    @vagitron said:

    Throw one of those down and you are prob done, very high alcohol content most of the time. They are also most certainly more than 10 per. I'd say around 12-15. I only drink micro brews unless it's scotch or jack and coke.

    Exactly Vag. I'm not beneath tossing down a Labatts or Coors after I've just gotten done cutting the grass on a 95 degree day, but that's the difference. Craft beers are meant to be savored, not just casually tossed back. I'd bet even Mik would have a royal buzz on if he drank a six pack of my St. Bernardus Abbot 12. Fact: our local Tap room will cut you off after you've had 3 of them. 🙂

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Original Stroh's was pretty damn good, then they diluted their brand when they bought Schlitz trying to become a big boy brand.

    @hoorta said:

    PEARL-LIGHT-LAGER.jpg

    lol... Pearl Light... the only beer I have ever had freeze in my fridge.

    @gftchris said:

    mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.

    Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.

    @bbedward said:

    When I was in Austria and Germany they all made fun of American beer and joked about how great it must be for me to be having a real beer.

    Drank Stiegl with some locals in a Salzburg bar once. They loved telling me repeatedly that their brewery was older than my country.

  • Original Stroh's was pretty damn good, then they diluted their brand when they bought Schlitz trying to become a big boy brand.

    @hoorta said:

    PEARL-LIGHT-LAGER.jpg

    lol... Pearl Light... the only beer I have ever had freeze in my fridge.

    @gftchris said:

    mik, Gipper, come to London and I'll give you some proper beer.

    Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.

    @bbedward said:

    When I was in Austria and Germany they all made fun of American beer and joked about how great it must be for me to be having a real beer.

    Drank Stiegl with some locals in a Salzburg bar once. They loved telling me repeatedly that their brewery was older than my country.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Around 2000-2001 when I was doing a year and a half of course work at Warwick, there was a Budweiser invasion... could not believe what I was seeing.

    I think the bud we get here is closer to the czech original. It's still marketed as american though, so I'm not sure. Either way, it's piss water. Fizzy flavourless piss.

  • If you're not drinking Ballast Point yet, you're doing it wrong

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    If you're not drinking Ballast Point yet, you're doing it wrong

    Victory at Sea is quite possibly the best porter I've had.