If Goff Is Gone...
-
The obvious answer may be Bosa.
But what do we do with the quarterback position? Does anyone else in this class strike one as being a pretty surefire franchise guy?
I'm not sure there's anyone but Goff here.
-
...because someone mortgaged the farm to get to #1, who is the Browns pick? Bosa, Lynch, or someone else?
If Goff is gone... because someone mortgaged the farm to get to #1, who is the Browns pick? Bosa, Lynch, or someone else?
I just don't know yet... so as of now I'd be inclined to trade down. Besides prospect evaluations yet to be started let alone completed, there are other factors to consider.
How many OL did we lose? Schwartz? Mack? God forbid... Thomas? Tunsil gets in the convo.
Are we a strict 3-4? Not seeing Bosa standing up... is Buckner a better fit?
-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bosa, but I'm pretty sure nobody else in need of a QB can afford to mortgage the farm.
I think Goff is the only QB that'll end up in the top 10, so it wouldn't be worth reaching for Lynch or Wentz at #2.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bosa, but I'm pretty sure nobody else in need of a QB can afford to mortgage the farm.
I think Goff is the only QB that'll end up in the top 10, so it wouldn't be worth reaching for Lynch or Wentz at #2.
I agree on Bosa. But Tour has a point- if Thomas wants out- Tunsil will be sitting there as his replacement.
You don't think Jerrah would try to move up to one if he thought Goff could be the man after Romo calls it a career?
He might try, but it will cost him. As BB said, if the Cowboys are in a win now mode with Romo, they're not mortgaging the future to move up. The only other team that could potentially jump the Browns is the 49ers.
Here's the history of recent first overall pick trades. http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50
I've said before- the Browns have tremendous leverage with the Titans (who don't need a quarterback). Only moving down one slot guarantees them the player they want. Flipping spots with Tennessee should be a cheap proposition if push comes to shove. (Like maybe a fourth next year). If the Titans get greedy, we call their bluff and take BPA should someone jump us.
By all accounts, Goff isn't an Andrew Luck level "can't miss" prospect- so the possibility of a team willing to mortgage the future to move up isn't likely.
-
The only player in this draft anybody is jumping to #1 for is Bosa. Srsly, there's no one else. Titans actually could trade down a couple spots with someone a few picks back, and still get Tunsil.
-
The only player in this draft anybody is jumping to #1 for is Bosa. Srsly, there's no one else. Titans actually could trade down a couple spots with someone a few picks back, and still get Tunsil.
The only player in this draft anybody is jumping to #1 for is Bosa. Srsly, there's no one else.
Give the amount of DE/OLB/DT talent in this draft, I have a hard time seeing this happening.
Bosa may be a higher ranked prospect than the rest (right now) but it's not like he's head and shoulders above everybody else coming out.
-
The only player in this draft anybody is jumping to #1 for is Bosa. Srsly, there's no one else.
Give the amount of DE/OLB/DT talent in this draft, I have a hard time seeing this happening.
Bosa may be a higher ranked prospect than the rest (right now) but it's not like he's head and shoulders above everybody else coming out.
Give the amount of DE/OLB/DT talent in this draft, I have a hard time seeing this happening.
Bosa may be a higher ranked prospect than the rest (right now) but it's not like he's head and shoulders above everybody else coming out.
I would prob agree, just saying if there's "anyone" that warrants a jump...it would be him. Blt may have some talks with the Tits if they think we might take Bosa.
-
Give the amount of DE/OLB/DT talent in this draft, I have a hard time seeing this happening.
Bosa may be a higher ranked prospect than the rest (right now) but it's not like he's head and shoulders above everybody else coming out.
I would prob agree, just saying if there's "anyone" that warrants a jump...it would be him. Blt may have some talks with the Tits if they think we might take Bosa.
I would prob agree, just saying if there's "anyone" that warrants a jump...it would be him. Blt may have some talks with the Tits if they think we might take Bosa.
As it sits now, I don't see Bosa falling past Dallas.
BLT really help with DBs. I see Ramsey/Hargreaves in their future.
-
I would prob agree, just saying if there's "anyone" that warrants a jump...it would be him. Blt may have some talks with the Tits if they think we might take Bosa.
As it sits now, I don't see Bosa falling past Dallas.
BLT really help with DBs. I see Ramsey/Hargreaves in their future.
-
I don't see Blt passing on Bosa. No way. They'll make him their 5 tech. Or I suspect they'll go to a 4-3.
They'd have to trade up for him, and I don't see them doing that. Their secondary needs the most help anyway.
-
Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
-
I don't see Blt passing on Bosa. No way. They'll make him their 5 tech. Or I suspect they'll go to a 4-3.
They'd have to trade up for him, and I don't see them doing that. Their secondary needs the most help anyway.
They'd have to trade up for him, and I don't see them doing that. Their secondary needs the most help anyway.
well no, but the premise is that both the Titans and us are stupid enough to pass on him, to which he will then fall to Blt who picks right behind us no? I don't see them passing on Bosa if he's still on the board. No way no how.
-
Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
yup, this is exactly what's going to transpire.
-
They'd have to trade up for him, and I don't see them doing that. Their secondary needs the most help anyway.
well no, but the premise is that both the Titans and us are stupid enough to pass on him, to which he will then fall to Blt who picks right behind us no? I don't see them passing on Bosa if he's still on the board. No way no how.
well no, but the premise is that both the Titans and us are stupid enough to pass on him, to which he will then fall to Blt who picks right behind us no? I don't see them passing on Bosa if he's still on the board. No way no how.
No, it goes:
1 - Tits
2- CLE
3 - SD
4 - DAL
5 - JAX
6 - BLT
And passing on him won't be stupid as long as we grab the right guy - (IE Jared Football)
-
oh ok, I guess those couple useless wins for them at the end of the season took them to 6. But they did beat the steelers so there's that. Interesting. No idea what SD's needs are, wonder if he fits their D. If not, would Dallas take him seeing as they need Romo's replacement?
-
...because someone mortgaged the farm to get to #1, who is the Browns pick? Bosa, Lynch, or someone else?
...because someone mortgaged the farm to get to #1, who is the Browns pick? Bosa, Lynch, or someone else?
Even if Goff is there I think I would prefer either of those.
-
You don't think Jerrah would try to move up to one if he thought Goff could be the man after Romo calls it a career?
I think they're still set to win now, hoping for a few more out of Romo. It'd probably cost them 2 first rounders and Jerruh doesn't have a history of trading up IIRC.
#1 pick hasn't been traded in the last 15 years or so I believe.
I think they're still set to win now, hoping for a few more out of Romo. It'd probably cost them 2 first rounders and Jerruh doesn't have a history of trading up IIRC.
#1 pick hasn't been traded in the last 15 years or so I believe.
If they think he's a replacement for Romo, is actually that good, they won't get many more chances to make a deal like that. They can also have Johnny for probably nothing.
Quarterback is set for the next 15 years.
WSS
-
Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
Steve,
I see it more likely that Jerrah thinks Romo will live forever... or at least three more years.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
... and maybe check him for Schweddy Balls?
No idea what SD's needs are, wonder if he fits their D.
As would be expected opinions are all over the map. My "buddies" at the Charger forum I joined when I rep'd them in our 2015 draft seem to be fixed on Tunsil or Bosa assuming one of the two fall to them. If not, they scatter some, but lean to Buckner.
-
What I think will be interesting is if Jerrah does in fact give a conditional for JM as his backup and sticks to other positions with their first few picks. That is a possibility though the longer JM sticks with the alcohol, the less likely it is to occur.
-
Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login