If Goff Is Gone...
-
You don't think Jerrah would try to move up to one if he thought Goff could be the man after Romo calls it a career?
I think they're still set to win now, hoping for a few more out of Romo. It'd probably cost them 2 first rounders and Jerruh doesn't have a history of trading up IIRC.
#1 pick hasn't been traded in the last 15 years or so I believe.
I think they're still set to win now, hoping for a few more out of Romo. It'd probably cost them 2 first rounders and Jerruh doesn't have a history of trading up IIRC.
#1 pick hasn't been traded in the last 15 years or so I believe.
If they think he's a replacement for Romo, is actually that good, they won't get many more chances to make a deal like that. They can also have Johnny for probably nothing.
Quarterback is set for the next 15 years.
WSS
-
Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
Steve,
I see it more likely that Jerrah thinks Romo will live forever... or at least three more years.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
... and maybe check him for Schweddy Balls?
No idea what SD's needs are, wonder if he fits their D.
As would be expected opinions are all over the map. My "buddies" at the Charger forum I joined when I rep'd them in our 2015 draft seem to be fixed on Tunsil or Bosa assuming one of the two fall to them. If not, they scatter some, but lean to Buckner.
-
What I think will be interesting is if Jerrah does in fact give a conditional for JM as his backup and sticks to other positions with their first few picks. That is a possibility though the longer JM sticks with the alcohol, the less likely it is to occur.
-
Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
-
I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?
I actually started my film reviews with Myles this year because I did not know the name. I've watched three games so far... vs. UVA, UNLV and BYU.
While I think he may well take this whole LB/SS hybrid trend to a new level, I know I'm not smart enough to see how to use him. But it is a hoot seeing him cover a quicker, smaller slot WRs one-on-one like a blanket as he did vs. UNLV in particular.
What I have seen from him trying to set an edge or rush a passer has been unimpressive. But Lord... can he wreck a bubble screen.
I see weights listed for him everywhere from 225 to 245... certainly looks much closer to the former.
-
I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?
I actually started my film reviews with Myles this year because I did not know the name. I've watched three games so far... vs. UVA, UNLV and BYU.
While I think he may well take this whole LB/SS hybrid trend to a new level, I know I'm not smart enough to see how to use him. But it is a hoot seeing him cover a quicker, smaller slot WRs one-on-one like a blanket as he did vs. UNLV in particular.
What I have seen from him trying to set an edge or rush a passer has been unimpressive. But Lord... can he wreck a bubble screen.
I see weights listed for him everywhere from 225 to 245... certainly looks much closer to the former.
I actually started my film reviews with Myles this year because I did not know the name. I've watched three games so far... vs. UVA, UNLV and BYU.
While I think he may well take this whole LB/SS hybrid trend to a new level, I know I'm not smart enough to see how to use him. But it is a hoot seeing him cover a quicker, smaller slot WRs one-on-one like a blanket as he did vs. UNLV in particular.
What I have seen from him trying to set an edge or rush a passer has been unimpressive. But Lord... can he wreck a bubble screen.
I see weights listed for him everywhere from 225 to 245... certainly looks much closer to the former.
Good!.....give him Krugers job.....

-
Just to alleviate some of your concerns, but I'm pretty sure we won't trade up for Goff. Odds are, Jason Garrett, who is coaching Carson Wentz during the senior bowl, is going to want him. Now if Wentz bombs during the senior bowl and Lynch fails during the pre-draft period, that *could* change, but I think we'd pass on a QB in that situation, just don't see us trading up.
-
Just to alleviate some of your concerns, but I'm pretty sure we won't trade up for Goff. Odds are, Jason Garrett, who is coaching Carson Wentz during the senior bowl, is going to want him. Now if Wentz bombs during the senior bowl and Lynch fails during the pre-draft period, that *could* change, but I think we'd pass on a QB in that situation, just don't see us trading up.
Just to alleviate some of your concerns, but I'm pretty sure we won't trade up for Goff. Odds are, Jason Garrett, who is coaching Carson Wentz during the senior bowl, is going to want him. Now if Wentz bombs during the senior bowl and Lynch fails during the pre-draft period, that *could* change, but I think we'd pass on a QB in that situation, just don't see us trading up.
And that may be a good thing, because no one else besides the Cowboys possibly has enough ammunition to move up to #1.
-
I'm just on the record.
If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.
But he will work out, it's an easy prediction.
-
Just to alleviate some of your concerns, but I'm pretty sure we won't trade up for Goff. Odds are, Jason Garrett, who is coaching Carson Wentz during the senior bowl, is going to want him. Now if Wentz bombs during the senior bowl and Lynch fails during the pre-draft period, that *could* change, but I think we'd pass on a QB in that situation, just don't see us trading up.
Just to alleviate some of your concerns, but I'm pretty sure we won't trade up for Goff.
Sweet... just so you know you are now on the hook for this happening...
We have your IP... we know where you live!
I'm just on the record.
If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.
And bb... as a show of solidarity I want you to know I will be there with you...
Asking, "Who is the poof in the Pink pink?"
-
I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...
If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.
-
Chargers and Titans want to protect Rivers and Mariotta. Dallas wants to replace Greg Hardy with someone who isn't a scumbag.
-
Chargers and Titans want to protect Rivers and Mariotta. Dallas wants to replace Greg Hardy with someone who isn't a scumbag.
-
"One said:
I think the Browns have been stung too badly with their first round qb's in recent past.
But we haven't drafted one in the top 20 since 1999
-
"One said:
I think the Browns have been stung too badly with their first round qb's in recent past.
But we haven't drafted one in the top 20 since 1999
-
I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...
If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.
One Post From the Truth said:
I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...
If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.
Ah yes- paranoia of failure. Let's look at it this way. We (at least on paper) already have a studly offensive line. This isn't going to be a Tim Couch\ David Carr scenario where the quarterback is going to get immediately pounded into oblivion. Speaking of the Texans- they already have a quite studly defensive line. AND a so-so quarterback. They're missing that one critical piece to get them over the top, unless they pull a Russell Wilson out of their ass in the third round, they're going to be stuck drafting in the 20s with no hope of ever getting any better.. The Colts would have been in the basement for years- if they hadn't "sucked for Luck" after Manning left. Didn't hear them talking about building up the trenches first. The ONLY time that's ever worked is when the Steelers had all the pieces in place and managed to suck enough to get Rothlisberger. We're not even going to have to pull an RG III deal to get our guy. The low hanging fruit is right there for the taking- it's time to pick it.
Chargers and Titans want to protect Rivers and Mariotta. Dallas wants to replace Greg Hardy with someone who isn't a scumbag.
I hear ya.
-
One Post From the Truth said:
I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...
If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.
Ah yes- paranoia of failure. Let's look at it this way. We (at least on paper) already have a studly offensive line. This isn't going to be a Tim Couch\ David Carr scenario where the quarterback is going to get immediately pounded into oblivion. Speaking of the Texans- they already have a quite studly defensive line. AND a so-so quarterback. They're missing that one critical piece to get them over the top, unless they pull a Russell Wilson out of their ass in the third round, they're going to be stuck drafting in the 20s with no hope of ever getting any better.. The Colts would have been in the basement for years- if they hadn't "sucked for Luck" after Manning left. Didn't hear them talking about building up the trenches first. The ONLY time that's ever worked is when the Steelers had all the pieces in place and managed to suck enough to get Rothlisberger. We're not even going to have to pull an RG III deal to get our guy. The low hanging fruit is right there for the taking- it's time to pick it.
Chargers and Titans want to protect Rivers and Mariotta. Dallas wants to replace Greg Hardy with someone who isn't a scumbag.
I hear ya.
Expecting linemen to start their rookie year isn't what you hope for. Depth at these positions are key. If Horton wants to have a defense like he did at AZ he needs personnel and fresh bodies. Just a thought.Ah yes- paranoia of failure. Let's look at it this way. We (at least on paper) already have a studly offensive line. This isn't going to be a Tim Couch\ David Carr scenario where the quarterback is going to get immediately pounded into oblivion. Speaking of the Texans- they already have a quite studly defensive line. AND a so-so quarterback. They're missing that one critical piece to get them over the top, unless they pull a Russell Wilson out of their ass in the third round, they're going to be stuck drafting in the 20s with no hope of ever getting any better.. The Colts would have been in the basement for years- if they hadn't "sucked for Luck" after Manning left. Didn't hear them talking about building up the trenches first. The ONLY time that's ever worked is when the Steelers had all the pieces in place and managed to suck enough to get Rothlisberger. We're not even going to have to pull an RG III deal to get our guy. The low hanging fruit is right there for the taking- it's time to pick it.
I hear ya.
-
Just to alleviate some of your concerns, but I'm pretty sure we won't trade up for Goff.
Sweet... just so you know you are now on the hook for this happening...
We have your IP... we know where you live!
I'm just on the record.
If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.
And bb... as a show of solidarity I want you to know I will be there with you...
Asking, "Who is the poof in the Pink pink?"
Sweet... just so you know you are now on the hook for this happening...
We have your IP... we know where you live!
And bb... as a show of solidarity I want you to know I will be there with you...
Asking, "Who is the poof in the Pink pink?"
fine...in exchange you guys have to keep JF so Jerry isn't tempted to sign him...deactivate him every week for all I care, just keep him away from Jerry
-
I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.
I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?
The dude makes impact plays all over the field, wherever his coaches put him, and he has a motor that has no off switch. The downside for most coaches will be they won't know what to do with him because he is a tweener.
Bad NFL coaches will insist he adds weight to fit their scheme, but if he's lucky enough to get with a good coach who knows how to use him, the skies the limit for Myles in the NFL.
Did I mention he has a psychotic motor??

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login