Skip to content

If Goff Is Gone...

The Browns Board
196 34 5.3k
  • "One said:

    I think the Browns have been stung too badly with their first round qb's in recent past.

    But we haven't drafted one in the top 20 since 1999

    @bbedward said:

    But we haven't drafted one in the top 20 since 1999

    I know you want Goff and would be a good pick I hope. One things for certain, we're going to find out.
  • I honestly think lots are hyping up bosa cause he went to ohio state yeah very good player but how many games will he win you NOT MANY IF ANY!!!

  • I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    Ah yes- paranoia of failure. Let's look at it this way. We (at least on paper) already have a studly offensive line. This isn't going to be a Tim Couch\ David Carr scenario where the quarterback is going to get immediately pounded into oblivion. Speaking of the Texans- they already have a quite studly defensive line. AND a so-so quarterback. They're missing that one critical piece to get them over the top, unless they pull a Russell Wilson out of their ass in the third round, they're going to be stuck drafting in the 20s with no hope of ever getting any better.. The Colts would have been in the basement for years- if they hadn't "sucked for Luck" after Manning left. Didn't hear them talking about building up the trenches first. The ONLY time that's ever worked is when the Steelers had all the pieces in place and managed to suck enough to get Rothlisberger. We're not even going to have to pull an RG III deal to get our guy. The low hanging fruit is right there for the taking- it's time to pick it.

    @bbedward said:

    Chargers and Titans want to protect Rivers and Mariotta. Dallas wants to replace Greg Hardy with someone who isn't a scumbag.

    I hear ya.

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    Ah yes- paranoia of failure. Let's look at it this way. We (at least on paper) already have a studly offensive line. This isn't going to be a Tim Couch\ David Carr scenario where the quarterback is going to get immediately pounded into oblivion. Speaking of the Texans- they already have a quite studly defensive line. AND a so-so quarterback. They're missing that one critical piece to get them over the top, unless they pull a Russell Wilson out of their ass in the third round, they're going to be stuck drafting in the 20s with no hope of ever getting any better.. The Colts would have been in the basement for years- if they hadn't "sucked for Luck" after Manning left. Didn't hear them talking about building up the trenches first. The ONLY time that's ever worked is when the Steelers had all the pieces in place and managed to suck enough to get Rothlisberger. We're not even going to have to pull an RG III deal to get our guy. The low hanging fruit is right there for the taking- it's time to pick it.

    @bbedward said:

    Chargers and Titans want to protect Rivers and Mariotta. Dallas wants to replace Greg Hardy with someone who isn't a scumbag.

    I hear ya.

    @hoorta said:

    Ah yes- paranoia of failure. Let's look at it this way. We (at least on paper) already have a studly offensive line. This isn't going to be a Tim Couch\ David Carr scenario where the quarterback is going to get immediately pounded into oblivion. Speaking of the Texans- they already have a quite studly defensive line. AND a so-so quarterback. They're missing that one critical piece to get them over the top, unless they pull a Russell Wilson out of their ass in the third round, they're going to be stuck drafting in the 20s with no hope of ever getting any better.. The Colts would have been in the basement for years- if they hadn't "sucked for Luck" after Manning left. Didn't hear them talking about building up the trenches first. The ONLY time that's ever worked is when the Steelers had all the pieces in place and managed to suck enough to get Rothlisberger. We're not even going to have to pull an RG III deal to get our guy. The low hanging fruit is right there for the taking- it's time to pick it.

    I hear ya.

    Expecting linemen to start their rookie year isn't what you hope for. Depth at these positions are key. If Horton wants to have a defense like he did at AZ he needs personnel and fresh bodies. Just a thought.
  • @dallasfan said:

    Just to alleviate some of your concerns, but I'm pretty sure we won't trade up for Goff.

    Sweet... just so you know you are now on the hook for this happening...

    We have your IP... we know where you live!

    @bbedward said:

    I'm just on the record.

    If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.

    And bb... as a show of solidarity I want you to know I will be there with you...

    Asking, "Who is the poof in the Pink pink?"

    @tour2ma said:

    Sweet... just so you know you are now on the hook for this happening...

    We have your IP... we know where you live!

    And bb... as a show of solidarity I want you to know I will be there with you...

    Asking, "Who is the poof in the Pink pink?"

    fine...in exchange you guys have to keep JF so Jerry isn't tempted to sign him...deactivate him every week for all I care, just keep him away from Jerry

  • @d-bone said:

    Being a SoCal Pac 12 guy, I have seen my fair share of Goff and I'll just say that I'm not as impressed as some........... Although it's almost time to cue up the combine where he'll jump real high, run around little orange cones real fast and throw 72 complete passes in a row, all while wearing shorts and a tank top.

    Oh yea, they'll also tape measure his hands and arms, and proclaim the results will make him the perfect AFC North QB........ Good times, good times.

    I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?

    @richiswhere said:

    I'm sure you have seen a lot of Myles Jack what your opinion on him?

    The dude makes impact plays all over the field, wherever his coaches put him, and he has a motor that has no off switch. The downside for most coaches will be they won't know what to do with him because he is a tweener.

    Bad NFL coaches will insist he adds weight to fit their scheme, but if he's lucky enough to get with a good coach who knows how to use him, the skies the limit for Myles in the NFL.

    Did I mention he has a psychotic motor?? 😎

  • Myles Jack reminds me of another tweener that Belicheck made a steal of in 2013 Draft. A 6'3" 250 Jamie Collins. Hate watching Pats. But love watching Collins motor run. Solid pick Mud..

  • I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    They need a LT in the worst possible way. I just don't see them trading down unless they pick up one prior to the draft. Tunsil is their guy otherwise.

    But who knows. So many things can change between now and draft day for all teams picking in the top 10.

  • if only someone was that stupid to trade up to #1 for Goff. Please let someone be that stupid so we have no choice but to take Bosa and keep him away from Blt.

    @clevfan4life said:

    if only someone was that stupid to trade up to #1 for Goff. Please let someone be that stupid so we have no choice but to take Bosa and keep him away from Blt.

    What? Why the hell would Baltimore draft a first round qb? They just paid Flacco a ton of money. Ozzie Newsome isn't an idiot. I swear you don't think your posts through 90% of the time.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    if only someone was that stupid to trade up to #1 for Goff. Please let someone be that stupid so we have no choice but to take Bosa and keep him away from Blt.

    What? Why the hell would Baltimore draft a first round qb? They just paid Flacco a ton of money. Ozzie Newsome isn't an idiot. I swear you don't think your posts through 90% of the time.

    @vagitron said:

    What? Why the hell would Baltimore draft a first round qb? They just paid Flacco a ton of money. Ozzie Newsome isn't an idiot. I swear you don't think your posts through 90% of the time.

    Do you have reading comprehension problems? He said the Browns should take Bosa to keep him from Baltimore.

  • Vagitron is drinking again.

  • I'm just on the record.

    If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.

    But he will work out, it's an easy prediction.

    @bbedward said:

    I'm just on the record.

    If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.

    But he will work out, it's an easy prediction.

    I kinda have the feeling that you wear those around anyway. Probably got a couple of pairs in your drawer right now.

    😮

  • @vagitron said:

    What? Why the hell would Baltimore draft a first round qb? They just paid Flacco a ton of money. Ozzie Newsome isn't an idiot. I swear you don't think your posts through 90% of the time.

    Do you have reading comprehension problems? He said the Browns should take Bosa to keep him from Baltimore.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Do you have reading comprehension problems? He said the Browns should take Bosa to keep him from Baltimore.

    Apparently. I was boozing a bit lol. On a less embarrassing note I don't think any of the QB's in the this draft are worth a top ten selection. I think the Browns stick with Lukie dookie and draft elsewhere by building the team in other areas of need so that when they do finally draft a qb the necessary pieces are around him to excel. The best qb's in this draft could very well be Lynch and Wentz and I sure as shit wouldn't draft either in the first. Let Luke carry the torch until the pieces are in place and then draft the heir apparent to back him up or at least start when the offense isn't a shit show.

  • I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    sorry but disagree whole-heartedly. goff @2. jackson has GOT to draft a qb and this trade down shit has landed us crap in the past decade and a half.

    the browns earned the #2 with horrible play. frickin use it.

  • I'm just on the record.

    If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.

    But he will work out, it's an easy prediction.

    @bbedward said:

    I'm just on the record.

    If we take Goff and he doesn't work out as our franchise quarterback I'm wearing hot pink pants to a tailgate.

    But he will work out, it's an easy prediction.

    Officially Archived
  • If you were given the choice would you try and get RG3 in FA and use the 2 on Bosa or use the 2 on a QB and forget RG3 and Bosa ?

  • If you were given the choice would you try and get RG3 in FA and use the 2 on Bosa or use the 2 on a QB and forget RG3 and Bosa ?

    @darren15 said:

    If you were given the choice would you try and get RG3 in FA and use the 2 on Bosa or use the 2 on a QB and forget RG3 and Bosa ?

    #GoffOrNothing

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    I can see Tenn. trying to get out of the first pick. I mean really who is worthy? If the Browns can trade down and still get Goff great but is that who they're targeting? The #2 is intriguing along with the # 3. Rivers isnt getting any younger so...

    If I were the Browns I wouldn't draft a qb in the first round. Trade down if possible and have a nice boring draft with stud trench guys.

    sorry but disagree whole-heartedly. goff @2. jackson has GOT to draft a qb and this trade down shit has landed us crap in the past decade and a half.

    the browns earned the #2 with horrible play. frickin use it.

    @miktoxic said:

    sorry but disagree whole-heartedly. goff @2. jackson has GOT to draft a qb and this trade down shit has landed us crap in the past decade and a half.

    the browns earned the #2 with horrible play. frickin use it.

    Ok then when they do you can quit complaining.
  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Do you have reading comprehension problems? He said the Browns should take Bosa to keep him from Baltimore.

    Apparently. I was boozing a bit lol. On a less embarrassing note I don't think any of the QB's in the this draft are worth a top ten selection. I think the Browns stick with Lukie dookie and draft elsewhere by building the team in other areas of need so that when they do finally draft a qb the necessary pieces are around him to excel. The best qb's in this draft could very well be Lynch and Wentz and I sure as shit wouldn't draft either in the first. Let Luke carry the torch until the pieces are in place and then draft the heir apparent to back him up or at least start when the offense isn't a shit show.

    @vagitron said:

    Apparently. I was boozing a bit lol. On a less embarrassing note I don't think any of the QB's in the this draft are worth a top ten selection. I think the Browns stick with Lukie dookie and draft elsewhere by building the team in other areas of need so that when they do finally draft a qb the necessary pieces are around him to excel. The best qb's in this draft could very well be Lynch and Wentz and I sure as shit wouldn't draft either in the first. Let Luke carry the torch until the pieces are in place and then draft the heir apparent to back him up or at least start when the offense isn't a shit show.

    When I was younger I drank all the time. One day I was looking for a certain document and ran across old pictures. It was random events to important things. The box was untouched for a long time. My wife keeps all that kind of stuff.

    I was broswing thru the pics and every time I seen myself I was holding a Budweiser. I was amazed. I mean really who takes the time to notice? truth is people notice stuff like that. I don't think I was an alcoholic I mean I stopped drinking without DT's and never went to rehab. One day I just stopped and everything is so much clearer now.

    I'm not saying you have a problem because I don't know you, but if you do it's never too late to quit and enjoy everything you overlooked before. Peace.

  • @miktoxic said:

    sorry but disagree whole-heartedly. goff @2. jackson has GOT to draft a qb and this trade down shit has landed us crap in the past decade and a half.

    the browns earned the #2 with horrible play. frickin use it.

    Ok then when they do you can quit complaining.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Ok then when they do you can quit complaining.

    complain about what?

    just disagree with you is all.

    i would use every pick in the draft to pick qbs if it finally garnered us one that could actually play at the nfl level.